Hacking Could the In game lag be fixed in a firmware update?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
received my Acekard 2 this morning & i must say its the best i have used so far & i have used few like Supercard dsone,dstt,n5,ez5,ez4.

btw i'm using veho 4gb sdhc micro card class 2.

i have ordered 2 more Acekards.

listen to URZA this guy knows what he is talking about & many thanks to him for his Acekard2 review.
wink.gif

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
gratefulbuddy said:
Urza said:
gratefulbuddy said:
The intro plays fine from my AData 4GB.
Because its a class 6 card.
That was my point. I thought everyone would understand but thanks, Urza, for further clarifying for those with less common sense. (I don't do smileys, but if I did it would go here.)
Then why did you bother saying it?

We all know it runs fine from class 6 cards.
I don't know about the Dawn of Sorrow intro, but I have an AData 4GB class 6 card and I still experience some lag or choppiness now and then in a number of other games as described in one of my earlier posts in this topic.

My feeling is that since I'm illegally pirating these games, that's just the sort of thing I should have to put up with. If I want every game to run perfectly, then I can go to a store and buy them.

...word is bondage...

preelude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i kind of regret buying AK2 now... definately not worthy of a gold award IMO. a silver would have been more accurate/appropriate.

CONS that were missed in the review:
-rom incompatiblily (DEFINATELY NOT 100%)
-castlevania lag (even with kingston japan) and some games have ingame "choppiness"
-crap build quality
ex.
housing shell is thin / flimsy
doesn't have protection around the contacts at the back/bottom of the card
2 of 3 included microsd readers DIDN'T work, build quality is also crap, made of all plastic.

only thing going for it over other flash cards is the pretty GUI. thats about it.

I guess i'll stick to my supercard dsone sdhc for now... only thing driving me nuts about it is the boring user interface. I will be definately getting rid of the acekard 2 asap.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
preelude said:
i kind of regret buying AK2 now... definately not worthy of a gold award IMO. a silver would have been more accurate/appropriate.

CONS that were missed in the review:
-rom incompatiblily (DEFINATELY NOT 100%)
-castlevania lag (even with kingston japan) and some games have ingame "choppiness"
-crap build quality
ex.
housing shell is thin / flimsy
doesn't have protection around the contacts at the back/bottom of the card
2 of 3 included microsd readers DIDN'T work, build quality is also crap, made of all plastic.

only thing going for it over other flash cards is the pretty GUI. thats about it.

I guess i'll stick to my supercard dsone sdhc for now... only thing driving me nuts about it is the boring user interface. I will be definately getting rid of the acekard 2 asap.

its better than supercard & built quality is just the same as any china made flashcart.i own both & i prefer Ackard2 anyday over my slow & annoying GUI supercard.

Acekard2 is only 3-4 weeks old so give it time & all these tiny problems should be ironed out in the coming firmware updates,also the supercard is on its 3rd hardware revision & still they can't get it right !!!!

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States

i think your lag has to do with the way yer SD is formatted...try formatting in command promp(start, run, cmd).
format X: /Q /A:64k /FS:FAT (X being your SDcard)
ive got no lag on Kingston1gig or Sandisc2gig...even quake2 runs quite smooth with this

kayjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did you solve this problem?
i am suffering from the same prob.
with my r4, kingston 2g and sandisk 2g are flawless in the cinema
but with my ak2, kingston 2g is choking, and sandisk 2g is more choking.
did i receive inferior one?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kayjay said:
did you solve this problem?
i am suffering from the same prob.
with my r4, kingston 2g and sandisk 2g are flawless in the cinema
but with my ak2, kingston 2g is choking, and sandisk 2g is more choking.
did i receive inferior one?
Are you using the most recent loader?

kayjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes. i am using bliss firmware which updated at 5/23.
i can fearlessly say there's no problem with firmware and memory card.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Get an A-Data 4gig (class 6), you'll have no lag probs whatsoever. They run about 20usd at NewEgg.
I've had no problems with slowdown.Geometry Wars is so much harder without the lag that I had on my Sandisk
rolleyes.gif

You could also try this;
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=864...t&p=1153830

kayjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
Get an A-Data 4gig (class 6), you'll have no lag probs whatsoever. They run about 20usd at NewEgg.
I've had no problems with slowdown.Geometry Wars is so much harder without the lag that I had on my Sandisk
rolleyes.gif

You could also try this;
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=864...t&p=1153830
i saw your trace in this topic.
you said sandisk 2g without any prob earlier. and you noticed that you confused two titles and mentioned it later.
but i missed the latter
smile.gif
so i became serious.
now i know that ak2 perform lower than other cart' with general 2gb memory.
and my point of view is cart, not memory card, thus i still thinking about change my cart AK2 -> DSTT.
i mean if AK2 perform average with high speed memory, DSTT will perform higher with high speed memory.
anyway, i ordered SDHC today.
thank you for reply. if i receive new SDHC, i'll tell you the result.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well ive been having a huge problem with choppiness in games mainly mario kart http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=87730
ive tryed 3 different memory cards kingston 1GB, 2GB & 4GB all jap models & tryed formatting fat, fat/64k & fat32
ive tryed both the official & bliss's loader but i still get loads of slowdown in mario kart (which ive never had with my scdsone or DSTT with the same memory cards)

kayjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
helpme said:
well ive been having a huge problem with choppiness in games mainly mario kart http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=87730
ive tryed 3 different memory cards kingston 1GB, 2GB & 4GB all jap models & tryed formatting fat, fat/64k & fat32
ive tryed both the official & bliss's loader but i still get loads of slowdown in mario kart (which ive never had with my scdsone or DSTT with the same memory cards)
i think yours and mine could be bad cart's
i receive a-data 4g tomorrow, after running mario cart, and i will tell you.

kayjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kayjay said:
helpme said:
i think yours and mine could be bad cart's
i receive a-data 4g tomorrow, after running mario cart, and i will tell you.
a-data 4g class6 arrived today. they say it's no.1 memory.
after panasonic format, fat16 format again, and i ran castlevania.
still choppiness. there's no need test other games. because it's my AK2's fault.
so i called the seller for exchange my cart.
if anybody experienced any choppiness with ak2, and you did everything you can do with your memory, but still chopping?
then stop labor. your ak2 has problem.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
if anybody experienced any choppiness with ak2, and you did everything you can do with your memory, but still chopping?
then stop labor. your ak2 has problem.

my cart must be defective then...... but im in the UK & i got my acekard2 from dealextreme so im not going to send it back it would be easier for me just to buy a new cart
it looks like i have to fall back to using my ez-flash4 lite deluxe again.......

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kayjay:

Report back here and let us know if exchanging your AK2 for a new one solves your choppiness problem. I admit I'm a little skeptical.

Also, I was under the impression that very few carts, if any, could run the Castlevania intro without some skipping. That seems hardly a fair test to see if your cart's not working right. If so, your new AK2 will perform the same as your old one.

-Bri

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe I'm missing the point, but do you really need to buy more memory cards/acekards just to fix the intro on 2 games, which are known to have difficulties on many flashcards...

As long as the actual game plays ok surely its not the biggest problem, plus every other game works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, i think wire chargers are more practical
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but im too stupid to know
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wired is better for faster charge but if you just leave it all night while you sleep it's good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most wireless pads can only max 15w while average bricks are 65w
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i heard it isnt good
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz it overcharges
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: cuz it overcharges