ROM Hack Could not read Data. Turn off and reinsert card.

jrdehaisx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to the ROMs, I am testing right now my N-Card 8Gbit, so after some hard work and a lot of pain I was able to get it to load several ROMs, but some wont load... I got some ROMs that will work nice which were identified as (U), there are (E) which I have not tested yet... so despite everything else, I want to know if they are created at the same level or at the same point, why will some give the error of "Could not read Data. Turn off the System and reinsert the GameCard."

Dont know if this is regardingthe ROMs or the save files...? Any suggestions on how to fix that problem? What does the (U) (E) mean? Please let me know, thanks.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Thats a good sign of that you need a donor card.

You need a ORGINAL game card with SRAM.
Eks: Metroid Prime: Hunters | New Super Mario Bros | Pokemon mystery dungeon
And many more.
And (U) means USA
And (E) means Europe.

Hope that answars your question
smile.gif

Oh and you need to insert the game card BEFORE you load the rom!
If you have a slot1 flashcard it can be hard to do.

jrdehaisx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Superrob... I got the N-Card set of 2 Fire Card and Fire transfer line..

Sephiroth - I have almost most of them at 512Kb, the next option is Flash 2Mbit? My least option is 4kbit in EEPROPT, I guess thats the correct spelling, have tried them all at Flash 2MBit the ones that give me problems, still not working, what should be thebest way to go?

I got an answer from someone to try and go to replace the NCard for another one of the same brand... suggestions?

Oh and by the way I trie to play and it tells me that can not save, I am able to make certain roms work, but they just wont let me save, for example bomberman doesnt let me format the files suggestions?

jrdehaisx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks will check it eventhough the card is still giving me the same problem, for example got Castelvania the one of Sorrows, its suppose to be 64Kb EEProm, I have it on that one but wont work, erased the save file and it still tells me "Data could not be read, please turn off and reinsert the Game Card"

Geezernort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to update your firmware and download latest system files and delete the old ones.
A lot of more recent NDS roms will have a more updated copy protection that combats against M3, R4 etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo