Gaming Could Nintendo give us legal backups?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Locking the 3DS cartridges once the game has been registered to your 3DS?
Once someone makes a homebrew program that would unlock the cartridges, we'd be able to unlock them at will.
Which is why Nintendo take precautions to keep that from happening.
Something like disable that cartridge so that if you've ever connected to WiFi, it knows that specific cartridge shouldn't be run.
If you've ever connected to Wi-Fi.
The 3DS is made for WiFi.
It can also lock the cartridge itself, so you'd have to not connect AND have a way to bypass the lock.
That'd be pretty unlikely.
No. No it's not. It's made for playing games. There's a reason the Wifi switch is there. NOT EVERYONE HAS WIFI HURRRRRR.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea. nintendo can start selling full games online, and hopefully make the game smaller. well, 3DS games are 1+ GB though, and the idea of buying a 8GB SD card isn't very cheap.

EDIT: Sorry for saying the same thing as everybody else, I didn't read page 2 of this thread.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea. nintendo can start selling full games online, and hopefully make the game smaller. well, 3DS games are 1+ GB though, and the idea of buying a 8GB SD card isn't very cheap.

EDIT: Sorry for saying the same thing as everybody else, I didn't read page 2 of this thread.
They're cheaper than most games.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820313175 8GB sd card for less then 10 US dollars. VERY EXPENSIVE.
I can't believe i bought a 2 GB SD card a walmart for $20 three years ago. No wonder they come with a 3DS.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820313175 8GB sd card for less then 10 US dollars. VERY EXPENSIVE.
I can't believe i bought a 2 GB SD card a walmart for $20 three years ago. No wonder they come with a 3DS.
>walmart

There's your problem. Never buy hardware from Walmart, it's generally over priced.

Reactions: 2 people

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the fact that the titles are on the e-shop but you can't download them, why not give digital downloads?

They did say that they wanted the eshop to act like a news source also thats probally why it has them up, kinda like how the nintendo channel has the info articles for the game.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
I like the fact that the titles are on the e-shop but you can't download them, why not give digital downloads?

They did say that they wanted the eshop to act like a news source also thats probally why it has them up, kinda like how the nintendo channel has the info articles for the game.
They could make more money in selling through the e-shop, I had $60 on there the other day :P

Reactions: 1 person

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo can do whatever they want, if they wanted they could make consumer flashcarts but they don't

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YEa do know ps3 did this right? But the game online and download it to your system. Delete it as you please and redownload it back to your system when you have more space.
Would work just like the dsi ware games and etc...
The ps vita is doing it in full tho. Every game you can buy in store you can also download from the network.

Nintedo hasnt done this with full retail games that you buy in the store but they may in the furture.

Now as pre the title legal backups. That wont happen because if you dump a friends game then all that goes out the window and its the same as downloading a game.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Not all users have access to WiFi, not all users have sufficient WiFi speeds, not all users have sufficient SD cards ($20 for 2gb at walmart...no offense :) ).
That's like saying not everyone has wifi, then there shouldn't be any internet content.
No. No it's not. While many people have access to an internet connection not everyone has WiFi. Among the ones that do may not have access to their WiFi network 100% of the time because of parental control issues, bandwidth limits etc etc. Along with not having access 100% of the time you also MUST have at least a 3mbps speed in order to get SD (or standard def) quality which would look bad on that small of a screen. Then you have to factor in bandwidth use. It also removes the portability of the console itself, therefore eliminating the entire reason for a handheld console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    not the type of thing I would do
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, most of my exp comes from my reaction score and threads posted
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I mean, I've never seen a message on a thread with more than 30 reactions at max
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just be a mod, insta likes for xp
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    and based on the table reactions only give 1 xp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And insta fear from your enemies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i always posted on the eof meme threads
    xp is arbitrary anyway
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just like the like system people think it matters
    likes got introduced like years after I joined
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still feel as if they take away conversation
    post anything dumb, people will like it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs
    perhaps the rag tag team of idiots isn't awake yet...
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    When I remake my Wii system menu theme I'm gonna publish it to GBAtemp for people to have it if they want to idk I'm bored
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or busy humping each other
    digital circle jerk
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Zoom dcj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please stop wanking during this meeting
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies