ROM Hack Could a kind soul give me a link to a usrcheat.dat file with..

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the AP fixes for Phantasy Star Zero, Mario and Luigi 3, Bowser's Inside Story, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time and Rings of Fate?

I do not know how to work the Cheat Code Editor on a Mac and the 2 usrcheat.dat files I tried only give me cheats for 4 games... (I only tested CORE and infinite lives and ammo work like a charm though) I am at a loss... Is there another step I am missing out on? I have only tried putting the usrcheat.dat file into my system folder (using an M3 Simply with latest firmware 1.14) I thought this was the only step necessary but it seems that I am wrong...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The AP fix for M&L3:BiS only works for AceKard2 and CycloDS, all other cards need updated firmware.
FF:CC- EoT AP Bypass is included with the GBAtemp maintained database.
I'm not sure if FF:CC-RoF has a AP bypass, it's not in the database and a quick google search came up with nothing.

For some reason the US AP Bypass for PS0 hasn't been included, so I have taken the GBAtemp database and included it here.

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you
happy.gif
Have I been doing it right though? Just take the usrcheat.dat and put it in the systems folder with the old cheat.dat file?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raylgo said:
Thank you
happy.gif
Have I been doing it right though? Just take the usrcheat.dat and put it in the systems folder with the old cheat.dat file?

Yep, that's the way to do it.

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much
happy.gif
I am now deleting the old cheat.dat and putting in the 2nd file you linked to, twiztidsinz. That will solve all the problems in my first post right?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raylgo said:
Thank you so much
happy.gif
I am now deleting the old cheat.dat and putting in the 2nd file you linked to, twiztidsinz. That will solve all the problems in my first post right?
Possibly...

There is one more problem I just realized you may or may not have.
Since you're using an M3 Simply (A rebranded official R4DS), you'll run into the same problem as R4s with cheats... there is a file size/length limit for the cheats and it will only read so many games before ending abruptly.

There are two workarounds for this...
The first is a less than ideal solution, but still good: blow_fly98's Code Trimmer
The second is a better solution that also has the added benefit of giving you better ROM compatibility: YSMenu*
In addition to YSMenu, you can run Moonshell2.06 with linoul's YSMenu Loader and get firmware similar to the M3 Real/M3i Zero's Sakura. Guide here.

*Currently(?) Yasu's NDS site is 403/Forbidden. I'm not sure how long this will be, so you'll have to search for YSMenu.

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to set up YSMenu but its slow going... Will I have to activate the cheat codes before I can play Phantasy Star Zero without AP? I remember now that I have the Bahamut version which I think is pre-cracked.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raylgo said:
I'm trying to set up YSMenu but its slow going...What problems are you having?
If you need any help feel free to PM me.
QUOTE(raylgo @ Jan 16 2010, 02:22 AM) Will I have to activate the cheat codes before I can play Phantasy Star Zero without AP? I remember now that I have the Bahamut version which I think is pre-cracked.
If you have the patched version you won't need an AP code...
However, if you get a clean ROM and use the AP bypass code you don't have to deal with the stupid Xenophobia logo.
It's up to you though.

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm kinda working betweem my Mac (with internet access) and my PC. There is only one monitor between them... x__x I'll give YSMenu a try. I think I have everything I need but I'm not sure if I have the latest version...

Wait so if Phantasy Star Zero is already running (while patched) then I don't need the Ap fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...