Hacking Corrupt tinfoil files

DarrylJames

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to this and not tech savvy at all, but my brother sent me some links to installing home brew on my sons switch and I managed to get it done and even downloaded a game. The next time I went into hbg shop to download a game, I got a message saying corrupt files had been detected in tinfoil. I pressed ok, but now when I enter rcm mode via tegra, I get the atmosphere logo and then nothing, just a blank screen. I'm really worried I've bricked my little boys conputer! Please help me!

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi, I'm new to this and not tech savvy at all, but my brother sent me some links to installing home brew on my sons switch and I managed to get it done and even downloaded a game. The next time I went into hbg shop to download a game, I got a message saying corrupt files had been detected in tinfoil. I pressed ok, but now when I enter rcm mode via tegra, I get the atmosphere logo and then nothing, just a blank screen. I'm really worried I've bricked my little boys conputer! Please help me!
Reinstall CFW files from scratch, with latest ver. of course. And use FAT32 sd.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You must put your MicroSD in a file manager, enter the Switch folder at the root and delete the Tinfoil folder. Then you must go back to the root and delete the Atmosphere, Bootloader and Sept folder. Next act you must download the following file (https://sdsetup.com/console?switch), unzip its content in the root of your MicroSD. You must enter RMC mode and Load the Payload that is inside the compressed folder (Hekate ... .bin). And select CFW in Hekate. Finally, never use Blawfoil/HBG in your life because it will corrupt your files (apart from doing other improper things with your Nintendo Switch).

Last edited by Imancol,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use Kosmos / Hekate, use normal atmosphere or SXOS and everything will work perfectly. it sounds like you had a hekate setup previously.

Reactions: xabier

DarrylJames

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't use Kosmos / Hekate, use normal atmosphere or SXOS and everything will work perfectly. it sounds like you had a hekate setup previously.

Ok great how do I do this exactly? I'm a complete layman, I recognise the words youve written but don't fully understand what they mean. Could you give me a quick breakdown of what I actually need to do to get this working?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reinstall CFW files from scratch, with latest ver. of course. And use FAT32 sd.
Ok great how do I do this?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Ok great how do I do this exactly? I'm a complete layman, I recognise the words youve written but don't fully understand what they mean. Could you give me a quick breakdown of what I actually need to do to get this working?

Ok great how do I do this?
delete all CFW related files from your sd and get the fresh ones from github or somewhere else

DarrylJames

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
delete all CFW related files from your sd and get the fresh ones from github or somewhere else
Which files are the cfw related ones and would you be able to provide a link to the "fresh ones"? I'm really grateful for your help, but you're assuming I have a level of understanding I just don't have ‍♂️

Which files are the cfw related ones and would you be able to provide a link to the "fresh ones"? I'm really grateful for your help, but you're assuming I have a level of understanding I just don't have ‍♂️
Also I've deleted the tinfoil folder from inside the switch folder on the sd

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Also I've deleted the tinfoil folder from inside the switch folder on the sd
You can google "CFW switch" and spend 10 minutes reading the stuff than just stupidly do what other people suggest without understanding, no offence. Assuming you have atmosphere, get the fresh files here - https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
For installing pirated stuff you need to get patches separately - https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-patches-es-fs-and-loader-fusee_primary-only.562812/

Last edited by bad361,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: CL16 is nice too lol