Hacking Contenthax - a Vulnerability in Wii U File System Verification

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94 The Homebrew Launcher (US Brain Age) works fine but I did notice that it will lockup the console if launched again. The only way to continue using it is to launch Mii Maker.

I did find out that CFW booter does allow for 2 HBL launches on SysNAND then it will crash (due to the soft-home menu restart it does)

HBL=Works
HBL->HBL=Crash
HBL->Mii Maker=Works
HBL->CFWBooter (Sigpatched SysNAND)->HBL=Works
HBL->CFWBooter (Sigpatched SysNAND)->HBL->HBL=Crash
HBL->CFWBooter (Sigpatched SysNAND)->HBL->Mii Maker=Works

Last edited by driverdis,

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yoshi Island/redNAND Launcher & Brain Age/Homebrew Launcher.

Homebrew Launcher tga files xXDungeon_CrawlerXx, redNAND tga files TheCyberQuake.

This is what i'm working on right now, xept i also have kirby. Though, I want to learn how we can make it boot into other apps directly (I use SD cafiine all the time)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I could write the tutorial for uploading a single file right now.
1. If you don't already have it, download wupclient.py from github. It's in the wupserver folder in the source download.
2. open wupclient.py with notepad, press ctrl+f to search, and search for "ip="
3. replace the ip address there with the IP of your wii u
4. open the loacation of wupclient.py, shift+right click the window, then click "open command window here"
5. type "python -i wupclient.py" into the command prompt that pops up
6. place rom.zip in the same location as wupclient.py
7. continue to use the commands listed in OP (the w.up command)
Sorry to ask something so incredibly basic, but what do I need to do on the Wii U before running wupclient? I keep getting:
socket.error: [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am sure it is the right IP address - I logged onto my router and checked the MAC address which matches up with what the Wii U says.

roots

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry to ask something so incredibly basic, but what do I need to do on the Wii U before running wupclient? I keep getting:
socket.error: [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am sure it is the right IP address - I logged onto my router and checked the MAC address which matches up with what the Wii U says.

launch wupserver on wiiu or check your ip are on the same range

roots

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure what you mean by on the same range but I'll get wupserver, thanks :-)

don't search more if wupserver is not enabled on wiiu you can't connect,to launch it just run the fw.img with the wupserver(from cfwbooter on hbl).
range of ip it's just some basics that allow some terminal to see other adresses in same range,if i have an ip 192.168.1.17 the range it's 192.168.1.1/255 if a terminal on the same network has an adress like 192.168.0.17 or 10.0.0.25 it's not the same subnet and you can't talk directly to others terminal.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
don't search more if wupserver is not enabled on wiiu you can't connect,to launch it just run the fw.img with the wupserver(from cfwbooter on hbl).
range of ip it's just some basics that allow some terminal to see other adresses in same range,if i have an ip 192.168.1.17 the range it's 192.168.1.1/255 if a terminal on the same network has an adress like 192.168.0.17 or 10.0.0.25 it's not the same subnet and you can't talk directly to others terminal.
Ah i see. It is in the same range - the last number of the Wii U's IP is 5 away from the default gateway one. I didn't do the whole rednand thing yet, have just been observing. Thought I might be able to set up my Brain Training game just for easier HBL access without needing sig patches etc but I guess not :-p Thanks, I guess I'll have to do a lot more reading now :-p

SJ135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't finish the process, Wupclientgui keeps telling me that I must "select a file from the list below" whenever I try to copy the rom.zip to my WiiU.

I just bought "Kirby Mouse Attack" from the PAL eShop, so it's totally legit, I'm using IOSUHax just fine (I already installed some things so the fw.img is correct) and I'm positive that I'm using the right path in my PC ("vol > storage_usb (as the game is installed in the external HDD) > usr > title > 000500000 > 101A5700 > content > 0010 > rom.zip"), in fact I put my WiiU IP and I can move through folders, but Wupclientgui keeps showing me that error.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm.. is there a proper tutorial for this?

Edit: Saw one. Text based would be nicer, but well.

Last edited by Bimmel,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hm.. is there a proper tutorial for this?

Edit: Saw one. Text based would be nicer, but well.
To be fair, the short tutorial in OP is pretty much what we do, the only difference it the path being different depending of the game. Other than that, it's just a matter of injecting the rom.zip with wupclient.py

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)