Hacking Considering purchase of EZ-FLASH 3-in-1

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a CycloDS Evolution and I'm considering purchasing an EZ-FLASH 3-in-1 from NXP Game, Real Hot Stuff, or another online vendor.

Is there anything I should know or anything I should watch for when choosing an online vendor?

I had previously read about the Evolution supporting the EZ-FLASH 3-in-1; I also think I remember reading that earlier models of the 3-in-1 are more likely to "play nice" than newer models. I could be wrong, but the Team Cyclops forums are currently down and that's where I originally found my information.

If older models are more compatible with the Evolution, how do I go about requesting an older model? Is that advisable? Is it even possible?

Is there something newer and/or better than the 3-in-1 out now? I haven't shopped around for months, so it's possible something newer came out and I haven't heard about it yet.

Any advice is appreciated.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
version 1 of the 3in1 was discontinued due to chip supplies, so the version 2 showed up. version 3 was a plan upgrade.

Someplaces do not even know there is a difference, that was intentional by the EZ team. The likelyhood that you will get a 3in1+ is more likely than not.

you can try the trade section, all restrictions for access apply.

The latest firmware for the clyclo already supports the 3in1+

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
The latest firmware for the clyclo already supports the 3in1+
Okay, so I don't gain anything by buying an older version of the 3-in-1, correct?

If that's the case, I'll just buy a 3-in-1 Plus from a reputable reseller.

Now I just need to find a reputable reseller.
smile.gif

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Check the official forum again, now that its back. You'll find a thread from users with the rumble problem who confirm it was a bad batch of 3 in 1 plus' and that a few got working replacements from their online distributors. Realhotstuff was one of those that replaced it.

If you check a couple of pages back on this forum, I answered the same question and posted the quote form the realhotstuff user.

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porkdish said:
Check the official forum again, now that its back. You'll find a thread from users with the rumble problem who confirm it was a bad batch of 3 in 1 plus' and that a few got working replacements from their online distributors. Realhotstuff was one of those that replaced it.
Okay, that puts my mind at ease.

Does that mean all new 3-in-1 Plus carts to ship will have the rumble feature working?

And what online retailer would you all recommend for purchasing a 3-in-1 Plus?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?