Considering purchase of EZ-FLASH 3-in-1

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by sYndrome13, Apr 18, 2009.

1. sYndrome13
    OP

sYndrome13 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2008
    United States
    I own a CycloDS Evolution and I'm considering purchasing an EZ-FLASH 3-in-1 from NXP Game, Real Hot Stuff, or another online vendor.

Is there anything I should know or anything I should watch for when choosing an online vendor?

I had previously read about the Evolution supporting the EZ-FLASH 3-in-1; I also think I remember reading that earlier models of the 3-in-1 are more likely to "play nice" than newer models. I could be wrong, but the Team Cyclops forums are currently down and that's where I originally found my information.

If older models are more compatible with the Evolution, how do I go about requesting an older model? Is that advisable? Is it even possible?

Is there something newer and/or better than the 3-in-1 out now? I haven't shopped around for months, so it's possible something newer came out and I haven't heard about it yet.

Any advice is appreciated.

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    version 1 of the 3in1 was discontinued due to chip supplies, so the version 2 showed up. version 3 was a plan upgrade.

Someplaces do not even know there is a difference, that was intentional by the EZ team. The likelyhood that you will get a 3in1+ is more likely than not.

you can try the trade section, all restrictions for access apply.

The latest firmware for the clyclo already supports the 3in1+

3. sYndrome13
    OP

Nov 28, 2008
    United States
    Okay, so I don't gain anything by buying an older version of the 3-in-1, correct?

If that's the case, I'll just buy a 3-in-1 Plus from a reputable reseller.

Now I just need to find a reputable reseller. [​IMG]

4. dnds

dnds Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2009
    United States
    The NDS rumble pack in 3in1+ does not work with the CycloDS. The older 3in1s do.

5. rasputin

rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Just use rudolphs loader, problem gone.

6. Porkdish

Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2007
    Check the official forum again, now that its back. You'll find a thread from users with the rumble problem who confirm it was a bad batch of 3 in 1 plus' and that a few got working replacements from their online distributors. Realhotstuff was one of those that replaced it.

If you check a couple of pages back on this forum, I answered the same question and posted the quote form the realhotstuff user.

7. sYndrome13
    OP

Nov 28, 2008
    United States
    Okay, that puts my mind at ease.

Does that mean all new 3-in-1 Plus carts to ship will have the rumble feature working?

And what online retailer would you all recommend for purchasing a 3-in-1 Plus?