Hacking CONFIRMED: No roadblocks for 7.0.1 Support on SXOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That may be but was NOT in its easy to use form at the time. As I recall if you wanted help back then you always got the HATE "You could have searched for your answer" reply. This turned a lot of inexperienced users to using a simpler solution which was SX.
It was simple to use back then, I use to use it myself. Two of the main issues that I remember very well were the janky macOS archive bit shit (which was and still is also an issue with SXOS btw) and some people found it difficult to actually get into RCM and push a payload. For most people who knew what they were doing it just worked(tm)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its funny really.. if someone defends sxos then = tx employee ... now atmo user = atmo user... didint know that, thanks.
I didn't say you are all TX employees, but some people are undoubtedly TX plants. You could dissuade my suspicions by recommending that no one buy SX OS until 7.0.x support is released.

Reactions: Deleted User

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say you are all TX employees, but some people are undoubtedly TX plants. You could dissuade my suspicions by recommending that no one buy SX OS until 7.0.x support is released.
As i have stated before.. i use rei so i dont go to either side of the fanboy drama :D i just talk becuase i feel people bash sxos for whatever they can think.
and again.. some people are undoubtedly tx plants.. but 0 atmo ? .. why

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As i have stated before.. i use rei so i dont go to either side of the fanboy drama :D i just talk becuase i feel people bash sxos for whatever they can think.
and again.. some people are undoubtedly tx plants.. but 0 atmo ? .. why
First, that didn't sound like a recommendation to me. Second, there can't be Atmosphere plants because it's not created by a company with profit motives.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, that didn't sound like a recommendation to me. Second, there can't be Atmosphere plants because it's not created by a company with profit motives.
? do you read what i write ? when did i recommend something ? ... and yes.. if sxos can have " employees " then atmo can have " fanboys "

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Employees? Or overly entitled customers butthurt that the great TX can't yet get them out of their self-inflicted 7.0.1 hole? (Who are too lazy to even have a go at getting Atmo working.)
It's probably a combination of the two

? do you read what i write ? when did i recommend something ? ... and yes.. if sxos can have " employees " then atmo can have " fanboys "
I asked if you could make the above recommendation.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change the title of the thread to atmo fanboys bashing sxos for delay on update. its they thread now.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change the title of the thread to atmo fanboys bashing sxos for delay on update. its they thread now.
First, that's not necessarily a bad thing if all they're doing is acknowledging the very real shortcomings of SX OS. Second, that's not all this thread has been, and you know it.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I get that, but I just don't agree with it. I don't see a gap in difficulty between SXOS and Kosmos. Both can be explained in a YouTube video months ago and the steps shown in the guide would work today. Except SXOS wouldn't work for a user on 7.X.

Configuring raw, Github Atmopshere does involve extracting more stuff to mSD than the SXOS zip, but extracting Kosmos and extracting SXOS are the same task with the same level of (not) difficulty.

YOU don't agree with it because YOU don't see a gap in difficulty with it.. whereas I get asked to fix the fucking coffee maker because I work in I.T. and well the coffee maker needs electricity, the computers need electricity.. so it must be a I.T problem.

There are a LOT of people out there (particularly people who work and don't have the time to google how to do something, then go searching or even know WHERE to go searching if it doesn't work) who are not technical.

Look back to the early days of Kosmos etc. and no, it was not simple.. there were a LOT of requests for help, people couldn't get games working etc. THAT is where TX made their money.

All the people on here saying ''setting it up is easy''... No, no it's not - TO OTHER PEOPLE. Not everyone on here could service their car I bet, the mechanics would all be laughing at how useless you are because you don't know simple mechanical steps. Same principle.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, that's not necessarily a bad thing if all they're doing is acknowledging the very real shortcomings of SX OS. Second, that's not all this thread has been, and you know it.
ok.. will go to atmo threads to talk about the shorcomings of it. after all.. its not a bad thing to do.

Reactions: gizmomelb

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The topic of the thread is a specific shortcoming (lack of 7.0.x support). Nice try.
no.. you really dont read.. the thread is called " confirmed no roadblocks for 7.0.1 support on sxos.. it doesnt say anywhare the shortcomings of sxos.. so go on your way..

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

you have a short memory.. maybe that is why you post the same thing every page?

almost every single SX OS user that has posted in here has said that buying SX OS NOW would not be a good idea, until if and when 7.x support comes out.

However almost every single SX OS user in here were the early adopters so we've been using SX OS for the past 9 months and enjoyed our money's worth.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The topic of the thread is a specific shortcoming (lack of 7.0.x support). Nice try.

so maybe all the SX OS users should go to every Atmos / Rei thread and post when people encounter problems - shoulda bought SX OS Barry, you wouldn't have this problem with anti-copyright kips, failing NSP installers etc.

then all SX OS owners could boost their post counts and we'll hit level 16 in no time!

SXAintSoBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
The current state of play as I see it for hackable switches

1. If you are 100% stock, then install Atmosphere. Buying SX-OS at this time is imprudent.
2. If you are SX-OS on 6.2 then stay there. No need to do anything... yet. This will change sooner or later one way or the other.
3. If you are SX-OS on 7.0.x then install Atmosphere. Stuff breaks between SX-OS 6.2 and Atmo 7.0.1, so...
3a. Either Downgrade to 6.2 and go back to a functional SX-OS, or
3b. Stick with Atmo and 7.0.1 and work through the issues that crop up.

I chose 3a since I don't have the time at the moment to resolve the issues I came across with 3b. When I have more time, I will tackle 3b again, preferably before I feel compelled to by scene developments (or lack of developments).

Some here view this as blasphemous. Some say I am unworthy. I view it as the most effective use of my time at present.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
All the people on here saying ''setting it up is easy''... No, no it's not - TO OTHER PEOPLE. Not everyone on here could service their car I bet, the mechanics would all be laughing at how useless you are because you don't know simple mechanical steps. Same principle.
If you can't read guides and follow steps no piracy for you. As simple as that. This is applicable to many other areas aswell. Piracy isn't even a need. If people can't live without games they should go work to earn the games supporting the game devs instead of supporting shady buisinesses.

Reactions: ZachyCatGames

Hugopugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It will be funny when eventually tx will have to use sept... and then all those who are blinded by tx bs will finally see that they are only good at ripping oher peoples work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs