Gaming [CONFIRMED] Final Fantasy IV DS

biosyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if assuming that SE are going in order with the remakes, that doesn't leave them much room for original titles anytime soon.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FF1 & FF2 were updated on the PSP this year...

But they look crap
frown.gif
!

I'm waiting for a FF7 remake
smile.gif
Hopefully it comes to psp so it'll look nice - but it'll still be nice if they made it. I just don't see how they could fit it all properly into a DS card.

vordul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too concerned with updated graphics; I wish more classic RPGs would get a decent porting to the DS. The updated FF3 was pretty sweet, but I don't think IV really needs updated graphics. I'm sure it will be nice, but for, say, FFVI, updated graphics would ruin the charm of the original.

SE understands that remaking FF games will make them a ton of money, especially highly-overrated FF7. If FF7 can be remade, it will be, but not before SE has sapped the money out of the earlier games. I'm sure FF7 might be a bit more sticky due to Sony, but Hiromichi Tanaka said it would be possible not only to make one, but that they're sure it would sell well.

They've also had some interest about putting the games up on the Wii Virtual Console, though I haven't heard anything about that in a bit.

The one good thing about SE's realization is that they'll continue to reproduce older games, which were generally much better than the current generation of SE titles.

Personally, I'd rather see Chrono Trigger on the DS than any FF game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto