Gaming [CONFIRMED] Final Fantasy IV DS

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a lot better quality image of it, vastly larger and has 4 pics...one of combat with octomamm early in the game.
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6114/17...50914302kc2.jpg

The costume looks right to me going by the old dark knight styling from the artwork. If I hadn't gotten the GBA version recently released for free I'd be semi-aggravated over this being redone so quickly. S-E knows how to milk stuff for cash, and with how good (sarcasm) their stuff has been as of lately best play off when they did things quite well.

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Erm wow.
I'm SO buying this when it comes out. My favorite FF.
smile.gif

.:Edit:.
Actually, I hope that they do a better job than the GBA remake. They fucked up the storyline in the GBA remake - they switched Yang and Edge around, if I remember correctly.

dg10050

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I prefer playing RPGs in 2d. I just like the feel of the artwork and pixelated sprites.
tongue.gif
The only RPGs that I like in 3d are very intricate ones such as Oblivion.

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more I stare at the photos, the more I want to play. Hopefully it's released in english by this year
frown.gif
The wait is killing me!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that this game will be heading Japan near Nov/Dec and then elsewhere Feb/March. I guess it'll depend on when the other three FF games are out as I doubt SE would want people to get confused with the games and release them near to each other would want each game to do well.

Does seem that SE are milking this franchise dry as this is the 6th FF themed DS title and the first only came out late last year!

Oh yeah cheers to whoever put the "confirmed" in the title of the thread.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The amount of FF stuff that's coming out has gotten to the point where I can't keep track. In fact, I never even knew there was a FFXII for the DS until it was actually dumped. I really wonder why they're okay with remaking FF but nothing for Chrono Trigger?

Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
FFIV was a lot better game than FFIII, so I guess it's fair to expect that the remake will also be better. I think the graphic style is better than in FFIII remake. I already like this game
smile.gif

edit: To people complaining that it's not FFVI, just give it time. If they first remake FFIII, then IV... you can be certain VI is on the way. It would sell more than III, IV, V together, so it'd be stupid to leave it out.

butaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
awesome, i was going to start playing the GBA one on my DS now i'll hold off and wait a bit!!!
Interesting to see them using the "Artsy" style for cecil, i always thought the artsy styled characters were quite flamboyant looking but now that im older now they look more fantasy like.

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haven't played 4 yet, so I might wait for this.

Offtopic: Those interested in the size of FF7. I ripped the 3 cds from the PAL version of the game and copied all of them into a single directory, replacing any files that were the same between discs.

Total Size: 1.25GB
Size of Moives: 1.01GB
Size of Game Data: 245MB

So as to the question of whether it could be done....maybe. I'm sure it could be compressed down to fit into 128mb without cutting too many corners, but you are still left with the fact that you need something to replace the FMVs as well.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Well anyway even if it was to come out, it wouldnt be anytime soon since ff12 just came out and we are waiting for the english version (most of US are). Maybe later this year , winter probably and then for the english it would be 2008 but that is just a guess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ Aglae Pheryl: Is anyone familiar with former forum opg.life ? I missed the transition to the new forum over...