Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is rumoured that the same team that did FFIII are doing a remake of FFIV, now if this is true than its like the 30th time its been remade.

Linky here.

A lot of rumours lately have been true but I reckon this isnt but then you can never know.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The next game that would probably get re-made would be VII, it wasn't that long ago that IV-VI were released on the GBA.
VII might be a stretch on the DS though, even with the FMV removed.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think VII could be done, obviously transfer all of the cut scenes to use the in game engine, reshuffle a few things about, add something new and bingo.

Would work out very well for SE and probably be the best selling FF for ages what with the following that game has. Hell maybe just remake the whole game and keep the story that'll still work out very well for SE.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
dont forget that SE is also doing Dragon Quest for NDS and that one is 2 Carts... maybe they could do FFVII with 2 carts as well... but i doubt they are remaking any other FF

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2 carts for DQIX? What the fuck? Source, or you're full of shit.

phpThumb.jpg

Give someone a chance to provide a source or have a quick search yourself before slagging them off and saying they're full of shit, okay?!

lecture.gif

sillypatterson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

phpThumb.jpg

Give someone a chance to provide a source or have a quick search yourself before slagging them off and saying they're full of shit, okay?!

lecture.gif

How about a article source, not a pic on someone's Photobucket? Gamebrink.com, where the pic supposedly originates, didn't seem to have an article about it, either. That looks a hell of a lot like a mockup. A game that doesn't even have a release date or a final build, that we've -seen- is still being tweaked, is already manufactured? I call bullshit.

Edit: I found the article. It screams of 'fake', -especially- being so old. "Leaked pic from SquareEnix press conference" my ass.The article: http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12353

Considering the timing of the article, lack of any site with any sort of credibility reporting it, and once again the TIMING of the article, I can almost guarantee that the picture is a photoshop created as a result of the backlash for DQ9 going to the NDS instead of a home console.

Care to dispute my reasoning?

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How about a article source, not a pic on someone's Photobucket? Gamebrink.com, where the pic supposedly originates, didn't seem to have an article about it, either. That looks a hell of a lot like a mockup. A game that doesn't even have a release date or a final build, that we've -seen- is still being tweaked, is already manufactured? I call bullshit.

Edit: I found the article. It screams of 'fake', -especially- being so old. "Leaked pic from SquareEnix press conference" my ass.The article: http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12353

Considering the timing of the article, lack of any site with any sort of credibility reporting it, and once again the TIMING of the article, I can almost guarantee that the picture is a photoshop created as a result of the backlash for DQ9 going to the NDS instead of a home console.

Well I don't know what you would consider wrong with the timing because the picture did appear the same day as the press confrence. Yes the photo could be a mockup, it could also be real. Now I'm not saying the game does come on two cartridges, heck I couldn't care in the slightest, but that does at least seem to be the buzz on the net. This matter is rather trivial because the game is in the middle of development right now and Level5/Square-Enix could quite easily change their mind nearer completion once they have a more accurate idea of rom size and cart cost. Until the game is released no one will know for sure.

smile.gif

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

phpThumb.jpg

lecture.gif

Isn't that picture already confirmed to be fake?
lecture.gif

Also, no one has actually figured out how to prevent the DS from shutting down it's processing of the flash data once the cart is removed, so technically it's still impossible. Unless someone figures out a way to store some information on the DS whilst the cart's are being exchanged... which no one ever has. Ever. So, technically, still impossible.

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is NOT confirmed anywhere that it uses 2 cart, and that pic is a photoshop.
you're gullible if you believe that.

anyways, great news!
i'd take whatever RPG squareenix throws
laugh.gif

sillypatterson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about a article source, not a pic on someone's Photobucket? Gamebrink.com, where the pic supposedly originates, didn't seem to have an article about it, either. That looks a hell of a lot like a mockup. A game that doesn't even have a release date or a final build, that we've -seen- is still being tweaked, is already manufactured? I call bullshit.

Edit: I found the article. It screams of 'fake', -especially- being so old. "Leaked pic from SquareEnix press conference" my ass.The article: http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12353

Well I don't know what you would consider wrong with the timing because the picture did appear the same day as the press confrence. Yes the photo could be a mockup, it could also be real. Now I'm not saying the game does come on two cartridges, heck I couldn't care in the slightest, but that does at least seem to be the buzz on the net. This matter is rather trivial because the game is in the middle of development right now and Level5/Square-Enix could quite easily change their mind nearer completion once they have a more accurate idea of rom size and cart cost. Until the game is released no one will know for sure.

smile.gif

The timing of the article being when it was announced for the DS instead of the PS3 like everyone expected
wink.gif
The gaming community was furious that Sony had been spurned in favor of a "kiddie handheld", and it doesn't surprise me that people would go to great lengths to try to paint the DS in an inferior light ("oh look, it needs two carts, can't handle it on one"). Unless the game is FMV-packed (and DQ has never been), 128MB should be enough. And if it's -not- enough, it actually costs less than manufacture a larger cart than it does to manufacture 2. At the beginning, Nintendo said that 128 is not the limit for the system, just the limit of what they're making now, and that they could make larger ones in the future should the need arise.

If it does turn out to be two carts, I'll eat my words, but I see no reason to believe it to have the slightest grain of truth to it. As of right now, from what I've seen on other forums, no one sees it as anything but a silly hoax.
smile.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has confirmed that there will never ever be a 2 cart DS game.

It's actually a limitation of the hardware anyway. I can't find a source, but yeah, there won't be a 2 cart DS game. In fact, this was discussed before earlier about the same picture. Maybe I'll google it to kill some time instead of working on my research paper... :-o

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The timing of the article being when it was announced for the DS instead of the PS3 like everyone expectedÂ
wink.gif
 The gaming community was furious that Sony had been spurned in favor of a "kiddie handheld", and it doesn't surprise me that people would go to great lengths to try to paint the DS in an inferior light ("oh look, it needs two carts, can't handle it on one"). Unless the game is FMV-packed (and DQ has never been), 128MB should be enough. And if it's -not- enough, it actually costs less than manufacture a larger cart than it does to manufacture 2. At the beginning, Nintendo said that 128 is not the limit for the system, just the limit of what they're making now, and that they could make larger ones in the future should the need arise.

If it does turn out to be two carts, I'll eat my words, but I see no reason to believe it to have the slightest grain of truth to it. As of right now, from what I've seen on other forums, no one sees it as anything but a silly hoax.Â
smile.gif
Well yes I agree, I'd be suprised to see the game on two carts, like you said, unless it has a lot of FMV 128MB would be more than enough and if it did come on two cartridges or a larger cart it would add a fair bit to the cost. I was just merely pointing out where Hero-Link based his post on. Heck I'm not even a huge fan of Dragon Quest...

Oh and you could easily spin the image of the game spanning two cartridges as something positive "the game is so big it needs two cartridges", "it's twice the size of any DS game" etc ...it worked for FFVII-FFIX on the PS.

smile.gif

sillypatterson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yes I agree, I'd be suprised to see the game on two carts, like you said, unless it has a lot of FMV 128MB would be more than enough and if it did come on two cartridges or a larger cart it would add a fair bit to the cost. I was just merely pointing out where Hero-Link based his post on. Heck I'm not even a huge fan of Dragon Quest...

Oh and you could easily spin the image of the game spanning two cartridges as something positive "the game is so big it needs two cartridges", "it's twice the size of any DS game" etc ...it worked for FFVII-FFIX on the PS.

smile.gif

Ironic how the core date of FFVII, rather, the data minus the FMV, would've easily fit on a typical DS cartridge, eh? I figure the other ones go the same way as well.

But yeah... I'm just more interested in facts and sources and truths than spin either way really. I'm sure you once knew that annoying kid who was like "Well yeah? The PS2 plays N64 AND Gamecube games!"

wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm