wink.gif

http://www.miroriii.com/fichier/1/98572/Cf...torv47-zip.html

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
Anyway of getting more color options for text?
Nope. Console mode is restricted to those 16 colours. GUI mode gives you a choice of 32-bit colour, so I doubt you'd need more there.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
I'm not sure what you mean by GUI mode or console mode i just mean within the loader itself.
Within the loader, GUI mode is the mode with multiple covers displaying at once. Console mode is where you have the text game list with only the cover of the selected game showing. The console is also used for the options and displaying any text about the loading of games.

In the GUI mode, the only text is the selected game's title or the clock (and sometimes a page indicator or mode indicator when switching modes). You can make this text any colour you like and can also add an outline or shadow to the text which can also be any colour.

In the console, there are 6 types of foreground text (normal, header, footer, selected, inactive and help). Each of those can have one of sixteen colours. There are also two background elements (the background of the console and the background of the selection bar) which can have 16 colours or can just be transparent.

The Configurator will help you choose the colours you want to use in the loader.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v48 of Configurator is out

download here

Changes in 48:
  • Added profile configuration
  • Added other v48 options
I haven't updated the cdbs yet. I'm too tired.
wacko.gif

Profiles were actually really hard to figure out how to add nicely, and there are probably some bugs in my implementation. Please try it out, but keep backups of your files just in case. I'll try to do some testing of my own after I've slept, but I really would appreciate input from you guys as well.

I plan to add a method to rename profiles, as well as make it case insensitive, but that can wait until later.

There are two main places to look for the profile options. Firstly, the third page of global options and secondly, the game settings page. The text list on the global options page represents the master list of profiles that will be saved in both config.txt and settings.cfg. If you temporarily rename or remove a profile from the list and restore it (within one configuration sitting), it actually should restore which profiles the game is a favorite in as well.

I'll let you guys figure out the rest.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v48.2 of Configurator is out

download here

Changes in 48.2:
  • Changed debug and cover_url options
  • Profiles can have spaces in names
  • Added fat_split_size option
  • Added further favorite/profile support to display games via profile. (new button below favorites box)
sample.cdbs language database files updated for the new stuff.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an additional file I need to get this to run on Windows XP? It doesn't show as a program executable and returns an error when I double-click it.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kid sampson said:
Is there an additional file I need to get this to run on Windows XP? It doesn't show as a program executable and returns an error when I double-click it.
You might need to install .NET Framework 2.0.

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
v49 of Configurator is out

download here

Changes in 49:
  • Added disable_nsmb_patch and fat_install_dir options from v49a
And sample.cdbs for language translators updated again too.

hi - thanks for the reply in the other forum (still think the button page to change profiles is a good idea
happy.gif
)

anyway - i've messed with the app, loaded and saved a config / settings setup, al without geting near the wii yet, but one thing jumps out

1) could the manage favorites that opens the "dialog2" pop-up window be made resizable so i can see more profiles / games, please?

2) could the hide game option open a similar window, rather than have to open the drop-drop down list open and see one game at a time?

3) alternatively, add a 'global' "hide game" column when managing favorites (ie is applicable to all profiles unless it is unlocled)

as you may have guessed (since my first post arround usb-loader v27 ish), the priority for me is hiding games

thanks for your time

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xakmad said:
Dr. Clipper said:
v49 of Configurator is out

download here

Changes in 49:
  • Added disable_nsmb_patch and fat_install_dir options from v49a

hi - thanks for the reply in the other forum (still think the button page to change profiles is a good idea
happy.gif
)

anyway - i've messed with the app, loaded and saved a config / settings setup, al without geting near the wii yet, but one thing jumps out

1) could the manage favorites that opens the "dialog2" pop-up window be made resizable so i can see more profiles / games, please?

2) could the hide game option open a similar window, rather than have to open the drop-drop down list open and see one game at a time?

3) alternatively, add a 'global' "hide game" column when managing favorites (ie is applicable to all profiles unless it is unlocled)

as you may have guessed (since my first post arround usb-loader v27 ish), the priority for me is hiding games

thanks for your time
1) I'll try, although I'm not familiar with the mechanics for that. More profiles is certainly not an option.

2) I think I'll add this to the profile management window. I hadn't thought of it before, but it makes a lot of sense to have it.

3) Oh, I didn't understand what you were saying here before, but just realised you're talking about my idea for 2)
tongue.gif

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v49.1 of Configurator is out

download here

Changes in 49.1:
  • Fixed title of "Dialog2"
  • Added hidden game editing to Favorites Wizard
  • Made Favorites/Hidden Wizard resizable with the game box automatically resizing

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, I should've read through your first post thoroughly the first time I checked out this thread. Only now did I realize you can actually run this on a Mac. lol. I've never heard of Novell's Mono but I'm going to finally try Configurator out. Other than it taking about 40 seconds to open (Probably due to my 4 year old PowerBook G4) it looks and runs well. Skimming through all the pages I haven't seen any Mac users trying it out so I'll let you know how well it works. I know you included "This should work fine for Mac OSX and Linux people. " in your downloads paragraph but maybe you should include screenshots from those OSs. Here's one I took:
ConfiguratorMacOSX.jpg

The "By Dr. Clipper" alignment and some overlap by the left and right arrows are the only visual issue I've noticed to far.​

Also, it took me a little while to figure out how to even run it. And even when I found the command line I was lucky enough to realize I needed to wait. lol. Could you include something like the following in your first post:

Mac users must use Terminal to run the application.
Place CfgLoaderConfigurator.exe in your Applications folder.
Open Terminal and enter the following command:
Code:
mono /Applications/CfgLoaderConfigurator.exe
It might take a moment to start (Up to 40 seconds on a 1.67 GHz PowerBook G4).

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The-Magician said:
@ Dr. Clipper, is it somehow possible to see in the theme configuration screen how a font looks and if the chosen size also fits, because that is not always happening and sometimes it's just guessing and hoping that it will.
I'll look into it. It shouldn't be too hard, though, now that even the console font is generated by .png. I just need to confirm I have the right algorithm for determining number of lines and character width.

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Changes in 49.1:
  • Made Favorites/Hidden Wizard resizable with the game box automatically resizing

brilliant mate!

1)
once you have finished in 'hidden game mode', and are on the normal 'tick profile favorites mode', what about that the hidden games are italics, and/or indented?

this is so that you can clearly see
>> what you have hidden while in profile 'mode' (you dont have to flick between modes to remind yourself whats hidden and whats not)
>> what will appear as the default favorites (ie those ticked but not italics/idented)
>> what will apear as the favorites once you have entered the password (ie those ticked and indented)

2)
alternate the colour of the odd and even game names inprofile, e.g. light blue and light green, to make it easier to read ?
similarly, have hidden game rows as "red text" or "pale red row colour" to identify them

3)
possibly a button to load "config & settings & titles" all at the same time, assuming they are all in the same directory, ie the opposite (?) of install all files (i think!)

thanks again - great app. again you've guessed that configuring these for 10 profiles is my primary use.

I can wait for the days when/if themes are downloadable... thou this does encourage me to tinker a bit with BUI backgrounds, i dont really know what each one is/does, and what would be transparent, etc. The new Dr Who Logo would be my first challenge Dr Who logo 2010

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xakmad said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Changes in 49.1:

brilliant mate!

1)
once you have finished in 'hidden game mode', and are on the normal 'tick profile favorites mode', what about that the hidden games are italics, and/or indented?

this is so that you can clearly see
>> what you have hidden while in profile 'mode' (you dont have to flick between modes to remind yourself whats hidden and whats not)
>> what will appear as the default favorites (ie those ticked but not italics/idented)
>> what will apear as the favorites once you have entered the password (ie those ticked and indented)

2)
alternate the colour of the odd and even game names inprofile, e.g. light blue and light green, to make it easier to read ?
similarly, have hidden game rows as "red text" or "pale red row colour" to identify them

3)
possibly a button to load "config & settings & titles" all at the same time, assuming they are all in the same directory, ie the opposite (?) of install all files (i think!)

thanks again - great app. again you've guessed that configuring these for 10 profiles is my primary use.

I can wait for the days when/if themes are downloadable... thou this does encourage me to tinker a bit with BUI backgrounds, i dont really know what each one is/does, and what would be transparent, etc. The new Dr Who Logo would be my first challenge Dr Who logo 2010
And I was just about to post a new version with a more correct console display as requested above. I'll have a quick look to see if these changes are easy to make before releasing it too.

As for 3), just load config.txt first. It will automatically find theme.txt (it needs the value of theme from config.txt) and settings.cfg if they are present in the directory structure and will prompt you whether to load them. I just realised that theme might be set in settings.cfg and will take priority over the theme in config.txt, so I'll make that correction for the next version too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and I used neither my phone or my pc today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was out for most of the afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall...