Hacking Configurable USB Loader

sechiand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This loader is so dead that it's hard to find sources for some of these forks any more.
Is 70r78.11 by nitraiolo considered to be the most up to date version and if so where can I find its source code?
I can tell you where to find the versions of the programs if they can be useful, I don't know how I can help you in any other way.

Attachments

• Configurable-USB-Loadercfg70r78.11 released.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 652
  • usbloader_cfg v71beta51t3 IOS249forced 2015-07-13.rar
    3.4 MB · Views: 556

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I need to make MKWii to launch with IOS 236 but this thing wont let me choose that IOS! What can i do?

Hello.:)

If you are using the v70 r78.11 Mod,yes it is not possible.
Usually you do not need more than 249 (and/or 250 as "Backup") for Games USBLoading.

So,unfortunately,I do not think there is any other Way for using 236 with the Configurable USBLoader.

Thank you.:)

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you are using the v70 r78.11 Mod,yes it is not possible.
Usually you do not need more than 249 (and/or 250 as "Backup") for Games USBLoading.

So,unfortunately,I do not think there is any other Way for using 236 with the Configurable USBLoader.

I'm having a very specific error with MKWii... lol but thanks!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm having a very specific error with MKWii... lol but thanks!
A modded Version I think.:)

I am sorry,but the Configurable USBLoader has some "Limitiations".

Honestly,I do not have any Idea how the Configurator works (you maybe have noticed the Windows Tool "CfgLoaderConfigurator.exe" in the "usb-loader" Folder).
Maybe this helps you if you like.
But maybe with your Knowledge you will be able to do some "Miracle Work".:D

Good Luck

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: jeannotte

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a friend who is having trouble with a game, if anyone can help me...
The game is Madworld, everything works fine until he tries to open the menu HOME to get back to the Wii menu, his Wii freezes completely...
I told him to check if his backup was corrupt but everything is correct in Wii backup manager. It only happens in that game, other games works well. He shared me his syscheck report to see your IOS and cios and everything is correctly.
What could it be? :unsure:

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a friend who is having trouble with a game, if anyone can help me...
The game is Madworld, everything works fine until he tries to open the menu HOME to get back to the Wii menu, his Wii freezes completely...
I told him to check if his backup was corrupt but everything is correct in Wii backup manager. It only happens in that game, other games works well. He shared me his syscheck report to see your IOS and cios and everything is correctly.
What could it be? :unsure:
Hello ,

Which game version does he use?

that ==>https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RZZP8P

or the one ==>https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RZZE8P

What is the version of the console?

Reactions: Alexander1970

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Last edited by elenarguez,

Ptri

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello, metrid maniac, i need assistance, how do you extract a tmd from a dsiware bin. Help pls

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I need a bit of help here, I want to change a specific pat of CFG loader mod, the codes and txt codes so that they are in SD:/codes and SD:/txtcodes, but I didn't see the option on the .exe

any pointers please?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to point me how I change two paths of where CFG mod reads things, specifically the codes and txt folder. I did not see an option for that on the .exe.

Thanks.
Hello, i need assistance on dsiware tmds, how do i extract the tmd from my dsiware.bin. Pls help

Konsti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I can tell you where to find the versions of the programs if they can be useful, I don't know how I can help you in any other way.
Thank you for sharing usbloader_cfg v71 beta51t3 IOS249forced 2015-07-13
I was ignoring it existence!

Besides the folder location changes on SD/HDD as I can see inside the RAR, does anyone know what are any other improvements or fixes?

Since it says Beta, and no further version was ever released, I am hesitant in using this instead of r78.11 to be honest, just to force IOS249...

Thanks in advance for your feedback !

Last edited by Konsti,

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing usbloader_cfg v71 beta51t3 IOS249forced 2015-07-13
I was ignoring it existence!

Besides the folder location changes on SD/HDD as I can see inside the RAR, does anyone know what are any other improvements or fixes?

Since it says Beta, and no further version was ever released, I am hesitant in using this instead of r78.11 to be honest, just to force IOS249...

Thanks in advance for your feedback !

v71beta51t3 is the only version I use and works great!!! Give it a try.

I can't really remember why now it's been soooo many years, but I think it had to do with working with my larger 4TB, 8TB & 10TB hard drives and also Nintendont. Most (not all) of the other versions kept giving me issues so I just stuck with it. Wish it would have been kept up longer then it had been, it's still my favorite loader.

Last edited by ca032769,

Konsti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks @ca032769 I will give it a try. Shame it's been kinda abandoned, why not making it an open project on Bitbucket or GitHub etc. some people could have been in the mood to improve it. Unless it's not supposed to be public :) But it's been many years, as you also said.

Any special folders that we should pay attention with this v71beta51t3 version? I see now a settings.cfg file but not sure how it relates to config.txt ?

Oh, by the way, I see that the 2 plugins mighty and neek2o are there (great !) as the on-line downloader fails (no http response).

So does it fail for Cheats.txt - as a side-topic can I kindly ask where to get these, as Cfg USB Loader fails getting almost any such extra stuff from the internet? (except covers, thankfully)...

PapaDon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good Morning,

what's the story with Loader IOS(not game IOS)default set to 58, while a lot of threads, on Reddit for example, would suggest it's preset to 249. I assume 249 is outdated info?

To clarifie: My Loader IOS is set to 58, the game loader IOS is set to 249, by default, and I kept it like that, since most of the recent threads would suggest leaving settings default, unless major issues show up.

I'm interested in consens of best practice and/or why anyone would use 249 over 58. Since 58 is used to "jump" to 249 anyways, if I catched the right interpretation on the Wiki?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Good Morning,

what's the story with Loader IOS(not game IOS)default set to 58, while a lot of threads, on Reddit for example, would suggest it's preset to 249. I assume 249 is outdated info?

To clarifie: My Loader IOS is set to 58, the game loader IOS is set to 249, by default, and I kept it like that, since most of the recent threads would suggest leaving settings default, unless major issues show up.

I'm interested in consens of best practice and/or why anyone would use 249 over 58. Since 58 is used to "jump" to 249 anyways, if I catched the right interpretation on the Wiki?

The important Thing which is related to this Topic - you must use/have the official USBLoader GX v3.0 r1272 the Release from our great,brave Heroe @Cyan.:)

Not the Enhanced Version(s) from @blackb0x - that Version(s) are working great.

Cyan´s 1272 Release has some Issues with recognizing some HDD´s/their Controllers from the Enclosure and there for it is no longer the recommended latest Release.Some Wii/HDD Configurations/Combinations work,some not.I do not mention USB Sticks and that Kind deliberately.They have Issues (mostly with Recognizing and on the write Cycle).Please avoid them.Really please.

But if you want,you can use r1268 or 1271 from the USBLoader GX,they work great too.

For the Loader´s and Game´s IOS:
Your Setting is good.

Changing the Loader´s IOS from 58 to 249 solves/solved in some Cases the "Install from Disc Option" from the USBLoader GX r1272
The Issue: it seemingly "hangs" during the Installation Process,but it don´t - it resumes in the Background.

I hope this helps you to understand this "Topic" a little better.:)

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I wasn't asking in regards to any issues, just curious about the difference.

All I want to hear...:yaywii:

Loader's ios is the ios that the loader uses while starting up including hdd initialization
game's ios is the ios used for game loading and it has to be a cios .

ios58 is a stock Nintendo ios and is supposed to have the best USB compatibility. and it does solve some hdd initialization issues and that is why Cyan made it a default in 1272 but unfortunately, it seems to break some hdd compatibility too!(along with some other bugs introduced in 1272)

if the loader's ios and game's ios are different, the loader will have to switch ios after initialization and hence create a slight delay in booting up. If you are paranoid about the delay, you may try setting both to cios249 and see if that works for you (remember you can't use ios58 for game loading and cios with base 58 have low game compatibility)
But as a side note - I am a believer of "if it ain't break, don't fix it".

ultramodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone knows how to return back to cfg loader using the neek2o.dol. Every-time I load a wiiware game when i'm done playing it returns me to the nand build instead of the loader. I did not have this issue with the mighty.dol but I can't get that to work because it only reads from the nand folder and neek reads from nands folder which is where I keep my nand build.

Konsti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask a n00b question despite my age and experience on Wii :-)
I can't seem to be able to save any settings chosen while using Cfg USB Loader r70 Mod r78.11
There is a config.txt file in SD/usb-loader/ folder that defines the launch settings but I was under the impression that any change done on the Wii would be stored, e.g. change of view.
I know that a change of IOS loader can be saved (there's actually a button showing).
Is this not the case? Thanks in advance

Last edited by Konsti,

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask a n00b question despite my age and experience on Wii :-)
I can't seem to be able to save any settings chosen while using Cfg USB Loader r70 Mod r78.11
There is a config.txt file in SD/usb-loader/ folder that defines the launch settings but I was under the impression that any change done on the Wii would be stored, e.g. change of view.
I know that a change of IOS loader can be saved (there's actually a button showing).
Is this not the case? Thanks in advance

Not sure if I remember correctly, but I do remember running into something not saving properly myself.

In addition to sd/usb-loader/config.txt there is a sd/usb-loader/settings.cfg file, plus there is another config.txt file in sd/apps/usbloader_cfg/config.txt.

I seem to remember I just edited it all by hand and copied the exact same config.txt to both positions. For the settings.cfg I had most of the same settings in there but found I had to leave the ios = 249 out or it caused issues.

Here's a link to how I have the files set up in my CFG USB Loader v71beta51t3 that forces ios249:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akr7GOOfRVh8yAzkzUVqQJGAlqIj?e=AdgIXW

Last edited by ca032769,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: