Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cambric said:
Just one hint: is it possible in the startup screen to show some more infos on the loaded cIOS?
"249" gives few infos... better be "cIOS249 rev21 base56"... but I do not know whether or not it is possible... we already discussed this...
It is doable but now that i removed the pointless frag tag i like it that the startup info is minimal and adding all that info details would just make it ugly again.
All the detailed ios info is availble under global options or settings / info / ios so i don't think it's needed at startup too.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
It is doable but now that i removed the pointless frag tag i like it that the startup info is minimal and adding all that info details would just make it ugly again.
All the detailed ios info is availble under global options or settings / info / ios so i don't think it's needed at startup too.
That's fine.... thanks again...

royvedas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Config usbloader is the most awesome isoloader available! This has probably been requested before, but nand emulation would be great. I'd like to choose between all my backups in the same awesome loader as I've used for isobackups only before.

abdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
royvedas said:
Config usbloader is the most awesome isoloader available! This has probably been requested before, but nand emulation would be great. I'd like to choose between all my backups in the same awesome loader as I've used for isobackups only before.
Stated several times before. NAND emulation only use pirates, in their opinion. They won't support them, so they don't want to integrate it.

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
I posted a question ages ago (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=262338&st=0&p=3231089&#entry3231089) regarding game storage, but didn't get a definate answer or information about its validity.

What I was wondering is would it be possible to keep a list on cfg of games that aren't on the hard drive but you have on disc. The game could be displayed on the gui with it's cover art just as if it were a iso stored on a hard drive. When you start the game however it could prompt for the disc and boot.

I only ask as I have plenty of games that forget about on disc but don't want to put on my hard drive due to space. I know alot of people will say, get a bigger hard drive, but I'm still interested in persuing this option if it is viable.

It was suggested in my previous post linked above that this can be done and is a feature of cfg as standard.

Any thoughts of this hypothetical question

Thanks

PS just wanted to also say love this loader. Gone from GX then wiiflow and now sticking to this forever!

lucidbarrier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love CFGloader, its one powerful loader with lots of features. I, however, do not like the new interface with the pop up screens and other GUI changes. I loved the way it worked before and it was perfect the way it was.

The new interface is buggy on my wii and the covers take forever to load. It also lags and makes the MP3's playing in the background skip.

I went back to V66 and everything works great. Is there a way to disable the new features or opt out of displaying HQ covers?

R2-D2199

Trophies
Website
softwii.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi oggzee,

i have modified the wiidisc.c:

// Copyright 2009 Kwiirk based on negentig.c:
// Copyright 2007,2008 Segher Boessenkool
// Licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL, version 2
// http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt

#include "../memcheck.h"
#include "wiidisc.h"
#include

// Turn upper and lower into a full title ID
#define TITLE_ID(x,y) (((u64)(x) > 32))
// Turn upper and lower into a full title ID
#define TITLE_LOWER(x) ((u32)(x))

static void do_partition(wiidisc_t*d)
{
u8 *tik = wbfs_ioalloc(0x2a4);
u8 *b = wbfs_ioalloc(0x1c);
tmd *tmd_data = NULL;

u64 tmd_offset;
u32 tmd_size;
u8 *tmd;
u64 cert_offset;
u32 cert_size;
u8 *cert;
u64 h3_offset;

// read ticket, and read some offsets and sizes
partition_raw_read(d,0, tik, 0x2a4);
partition_raw_read(d,0x2a4>>2, b, 0x1c);

tmd_size = _be32(b);
tmd_offset = _be32(b + 4);
cert_size = _be32(b + 8);
cert_offset = _be32(b + 0x0c);
h3_offset = _be32(b + 0x10);
d->partition_data_offset = _be32(b + 0x14);
d->partition_block = (d->partition_raw_offset+d->partition_data_offset)>>13;
tmd = wbfs_ioalloc(tmd_size);
if (tmd == 0)
wbfs_fatal("malloc tmd");
partition_raw_read(d,tmd_offset, tmd, tmd_size);

cert = wbfs_ioalloc(cert_size);
if (cert == 0)
wbfs_fatal("malloc cert");
partition_raw_read(d,cert_offset, cert, cert_size);

_decrypt_title_key(tik, d->disc_key);

signed_blob *s_tmd = (signed_blob *)tmd;

tmd_data = SIGNATURE_PAYLOAD(s_tmd);

printf("Title IOS: %d", TITLE_LOWER(tmd_data->sys_version));

partition_raw_read(d,h3_offset, 0, 0x18000);
wbfs_iofree(b);
wbfs_iofree(tik);
wbfs_iofree(cert);
wbfs_iofree(tmd);

do_files(d);

}

With this modification you can get the IOS that the game normally use:

screenshot12g.png

So, my question is, could you add a feature that automatically selects the cIOS for the game?
You could add some options to the config.txt, like these:
Code:
autoIOSSelection = 1
base57 = 247
base58 = 248

That means, when the option "base57" is in the config.txt every game that uses IOS57 will be loaded with IOS247, etc.

PS: Sorry fpr my bad english
biggrin.gif

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
@ lucidbarrier

68a3 onwards try

gui = 0, 1, 2, 3, [4], start
gui = 0 : GUI disabled
gui = 1 : GUI enabled, GUI Menu disabled, start in console mode
gui = 2 : GUI enabled, GUI Menu disabled, start in GUI mode
gui = 3 : GUI Menu enabled, start in console mode
gui = 4 : GUI Menu enabled, start in GUI mode
gui = start : same as gui = 4

Choose the one you like I think it's gui = 2 is the on you want

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
@ogzzee:

When u have a game without cover and go into Game Settings, it appears as in Cover option.

If you press right arrow, it tries to download what is supposed to and at the end it shows message 'Press any key to continue'.

At this point, if you press A (for example), it goes back to Game Settings. Still, if you press right arrow again, it tries to download the missing covers again...

This doesn't make sense to me. In these kind of messages, any key should behave the same way, to return to previous screen, not to execute any function...

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
megatron_lives said:
@ lucidbarrier

68a3 onwards try

Yea I use gui = 2 and as far as I can tell its the same as 67c and below.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
megatron_lives said:
I posted a question ages ago (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=262338&st=0&p=3231089&#entry3231089) regarding game storage, but didn't get a definate answer or information about its validity.
What I was wondering is would it be possible to keep a list on cfg of games that aren't on the hard drive but you have on disc. The game could be displayed on the gui with it's cover art just as if it were a iso stored on a hard drive. When you start the game however it could prompt for the disc and boot.
No cfg does not support this and i don't plan to add that.

lucidbarrier said:
I love CFGloader, its one powerful loader with lots of features. I, however, do not like the new interface with the pop up screens and other GUI changes. I loved the way it worked before and it was perfect the way it was.
The new interface is buggy on my wii and the covers take forever to load. It also lags and makes the MP3's playing in the background skip.
I went back to V66 and everything works great. Is there a way to disable the new features or opt out of displaying HQ covers?
The slow loading happens only the first time you run the new version (67+) because it builds a compressed cover cache that is much faster to load afterwards. This and your other q. have been answered a couple of times already.

QUOTE(R2-D2199 @ Apr 23 2011, 11:45 AM)
With this modification you can get the IOS that the game normally use:
So, my question is, could you add a feature that automatically selects the cIOS for the game?
I will probably include your changes that display the required ios.
But i don't plan on adding that auto cios selection thing..

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pplucky said:
@ogzzee:
When u have a game without cover and go into Game Settings, it appears as in Cover option.
If you press right arrow, it tries to download what is supposed to and at the end it shows message 'Press any key to continue'.
At this point, if you press A (for example), it goes back to Game Settings. Still, if you press right arrow again, it tries to download the missing covers again...
This doesn't make sense to me. In these kind of messages, any key should behave the same way, to return to previous screen, not to execute any function...
I guess you were holding right not just pressed it and because it auto repeats in that menu then it triggers another download.
I can fix this, it's a simple change.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
pplucky said:
@ogzzee:
I guess you were holding right not just pressed it and because it auto repeats in that menu then it triggers another download.
I can fix this, it's a simple change.
No, I'm sure I was not holding it, that was the strange part…

lucidbarrier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megatron_lives said:
@ lucidbarrier

68a3 onwards try

Thanks man, I'll give it a try

QUOTE(lucidbarrier @ Apr 23 2011, 11:37 AM) I love CFGloader, its one powerful loader with lots of features. I, however, do not like the new interface with the pop up screens and other GUI changes. I loved the way it worked before and it was perfect the way it was.
The slow loading happens only the first time you run the new version (67+) because it builds a compressed cover cache that is much faster to load afterwards. This and your other q. have been answered a couple of times already.

I updated to V68b4-222 and its much smoother. I think it was V67 that was buggy. The covers would load every time I started it, but in V68 its instantaneous. The system would lag when the pop down or pop up came up, but not in V68.

Awesome job Oggzee!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
lucidbarrier said:
I updated to V68b4-222 and its much smoother. I think it was V67 that was buggy. The covers would load every time I started it, but in V68 its instantaneous. The system would lag when the pop down or pop up came up, but not in V68.
Awesome job Oggzee!
No I don't think v67 is buggy in that regard. At least I didn't make any fixes on covers in v68.
It's just the way I said it, the cover cache has been created so it works fast now.
I'm sure if you try v67 again it will be fast now - please try it I'd like to know.

lucidbarrier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
lucidbarrier said:
Awesome job Oggzee!
No I don't think v67 is buggy in that regard. At least I didn't make any fixes on covers in v68.
It's just the way I said it, the cover cache has been created so it works fast now.
I'm sure if you try v67 again it will be fast now - please try it I'd like to know.

You are right v67 is lightning fast now. I had tried v67 and one of the early versions of v68 like v68a because i remember the gui interface and buttons. I have tried a few of the v68 versions and now, like you said, they are all very fast.

I think what happened was that it was taking so long for the covers to load that I quit before the cache could be completed. Then when I restarted the loader I did the same thing and that's when I decided to go with the older version. Now that the cache has been completed its working without a hitch.
grog.gif

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
lucidbarrier said:
oggzee said:
lucidbarrier said:
Awesome job Oggzee!

You are right v67 is lightning fast now. I had tried v67 and one of the early versions of v68 like v68a because i remember the gui interface and buttons. I have tried a few of the v68 versions and now, like you said, they are all very fast.

I think what happened was that it was taking so long for the covers to load that I quit before the cache could be completed. Then when I restarted the loader I did the same thing and that's when I decided to go with the older version. Now that the cache has been completed its working without a hitch.
grog.gif
@oggzee: would it be an option to add new images to the cache as a startup task, to avoid having ppl always complaining about this? Just an idea…

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pplucky said:
@oggzee: would it be an option to add new images to the cache as a startup task, to avoid having ppl always complaining about this? Just an idea…
Yes, that will probably be better. I'll add it in one of the next versions..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm