Hacking Configurable USB Loader

sixthchild

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
wow man!!! what a great loader!!! now that i FINALLY have my own USB HDD.. I'm enjoying completely this loader, for me it's best there is!!!

now that i have upgraded to the v68 i have little problems sometimes:

1. when I'm about to load a game (in the part where you can hear the music that you'll hear in the disc channel) sometimes the music that i hear is not the right one.
example: when I'm about to load Zelda TP, i hear the music from another game, usually is the game that is next or before Zelda on my game list.... because of that sometimes the loading process crashes and then mi Wii restarts.... or i get an annoying beep that does not stop.. i have to turn off the Wii by holding the power button

2. sometimes, when I'm checking the covers(2D, 3D, Disc, HQ) of a game i get the same crash that i mentioned before

i have tried the "clean" v68, the "v68-compat" and the "v68-dbg" and all 3 gave me the same problem

is this normal? or is there a way to fix it via config file or another file?

I thank you for this great loader and all the work you'll been doing...
yay.gif

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just updated, looks great. very nice work oggzee.

i got a suggestion. i got a lot of little forwarder channels for wiiware and other homebrew stuff so if i go into download all missing covers it takes FOREVER. i was wondering if there is a way to implement a scan before the program attempts to download the covers. like a "please wait...scanning for covers" message while cfg looks at my sd/usb and checks for covers.

im not a programmer so this may not be easy or the best way, but it seems to me like it would help instead of it searching the site, reporting not found, and then moving it. find out what needs to be attempted to download first. maybe make a log file somewhere to indicate what was already found, i assume scanning and comparing a file shouldn't take much resources.

shoot it down if it sounds bad, just some thoughts i had.

edit: what would be cool and just make it seem like its not taking that long is just put up a loading screen with percentage and timer while cfg does its behind the scenes work.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
sixthchild said:
wow man!!! what a great loader!!! now that i FINALLY have my own USB HDD.. I'm enjoying completely this loader, for me it's best there is!!!
1. when I'm about to load a game (in the part where you can hear the music that you'll hear in the disc channel) sometimes the music that i hear is not the right one.
example: when I'm about to load Zelda TP, i hear the music from another game, usually is the game that is next or before Zelda on my game list.... because of that sometimes the loading process crashes and then mi Wii restarts.... or i get an annoying beep that does not stop.. i have to turn off the Wii by holding the power button
2. sometimes, when I'm checking the covers(2D, 3D, Disc, HQ) of a game i get the same crash that i mentioned before
i have tried the "clean" v68, the "v68-compat" and the "v68-dbg" and all 3 gave me the same problem
yay.gif
Those sound like bugs that I would need to fix not with a config file.
The problem is I can't reproduce this problem - it has been reported before.
So if you can describe a way that always reproduces the problem let me know.
Also, if you get crash with a stack dump please make a screenshot of that screen and post it.

mossywell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I think I must be losing it! In the new GUI menu, I just can't seem to find the hide option in each game. (I have a few hidden games and I use the parental control mode and password to unhide them.) Apologies if this is in the readme somewhere.
unsure.gif
blush.gif

EDIT: My bad, it's in "Manage" not "Options".
smile.gif

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
IceIceBird said:
davebaol: maybe an easy function for saving savegames to SD/USB instead of the limited real nand could be added in the future, so the usb loaders could implement it easier. Sure it already can be done by using the nand emulation, but as said most of the usb loaders don't want to look in to it. So if there was an easy function for this in the cIOS maybe they will add it then
wink.gif
The only one I know of is uLoader that suport it at the moment.
Hmmm, at first glance it seems not very hard to implement since it's a small subset of emunand, but I could be wrong.
However I'm not sure that usb loader developers are interested in integrating this feature.
And I wouldn't spend my spare time to implement features whose nobody cares about.
Maybe a poll could tell us more about that. I'll let upon you.

If he did! Is this something that will be integrated in cfg usb loader?

The poll

tuzruhu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

The-Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
oggzee said:
sixthchild said:
yay.gif
Also, if you get crash with a stack dump please make a screenshot of that screen and post it.

I have the same problem. What i noticed is that it happens when i have a game in front position and the mote pointer is out of screen, i do the same action with the mote pointer on the game and it doesn't happen can be a coincidence of course.

sixthchild

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
The-Magician said:
oggzee said:
sixthchild said:
yay.gif

I have the same problem. What i noticed is that it happens when i have a game in front position and the mote pointer is out of screen, i do the same action with the mote pointer on the game and it doesn't happen can be a coincidence of course.

ok, i'll make tests tonight, i remember that i got a code dump screen yesterday... if i get it again i'll take the screenshot...

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
miguelbolas said:
I have 47 games and covers on my hd, but the file cache only created 35 files.
strange thing.
Make sure you go through each game and see the cover in Cfg Usb Loader at least one time and it should work fine. Currently the cache is only built in these conditions.

matrixebiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to update my cUSBloader version but a few months ago when I tried it the wii would just go black when trying to load it again so i had to get my SD card and re-load 6.2 or whatevere it was, not sure if I need to do somthing with an xml file or somthing it was confusing then. Can I update to the new version now automatically online and not have to do anything with my SD card and such adding new files? Thanks

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
matrixebiz said:
I would like to update my cUSBloader version but a few months ago when I tried it the wii would just go black when trying to load it again so i had to get my SD card and re-load 6.2 or whatevere it was, not sure if I need to do somthing with an xml file or somthing it was confusing then. Can I update to the new version now automatically online and not have to do anything with my SD card and such adding new files? Thanks
If you had such problems in the past, I would back up both folders (usb-loader and the one within apps folder), delete these 2 folders in the SD car and expand the files from this file (instead of online update):

Cfg_USB_Loader_68.zip

If everything is OK when loading the app, you can then try copying files settings.cfg, config.txt and eventually playstats.txt to usb-loader and try again.

Go step by step so that if something fails, you can more easily identify what went wrong... That's what I would do!

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since I updates to v68B4 the cover image for Wit Fit Plus is showing up in the GUI mode and all broken up.

There are digital lines thru out the image, if I go to the console mode and then back it clears up the image.

I don't think it is a corupt file, becasue I deleted my covers and re-downloaded it and it still happens.

If you need a better example fo what is happening I can take a picture of the screen when I get hone tonight.

Thanks.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
Ever since I updates to v68B4 the cover image for Wit Fit Plus is showing up in the GUI mode and all broken up.

There are digital lines thru out the image, if I go to the console mode and then back it clears up the image.

I don't think it is a corupt file, becasue I deleted my covers and re-downloaded it and it still happens.

If you need a better example fo what is happening I can take a picture of the screen when I get hone tonight.

Thanks.
Have you tried deleting the cache file and the files for this cover and then downloading it again and let it rebuild the cache... All with v68 of course...

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pplucky said:
Sacohen9665 said:

Thanks.
Have you tried deleting the cache file and the files for this cover and then downloading it again and let it rebuild the cache... All with v68 of course...

I did delete all the cover I know of.

Where are the cache files stored?

BTW if I go from 68, back to 65 (my last version) the covers are fine, but go back to 68 and they are messed up.

miguelbolas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
miguelbolas said:
I have 47 games and covers on my hd, but the file cache only created 35 files.
strange thing.
Make sure you go through each game and see the cover in Cfg Usb Loader at least one time and it should work fine. Currently the cache is only built in these conditions.
I just do it, but still 35 files in the cache folder.
I can see the 47 covers in the cfg and it loads them fast.
Must be some bug.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Sacohen9665 said:
Thanks.
Yes please make a picture.
Also, in which gui and cover style that happens?
Also, please update to the latest v68 release.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
miguelbolas said:
I just do it, but still 35 files in the cache folder.
I can see the 47 covers in the cfg and it loads them fast.
Must be some bug.
Probably the remaining 12 covers are 2D (flat) only? - It doesn't create a cache for that.
Or do you have 47 covers in the full directory too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: