Hacking Configurable USB Loader

psnider85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kamiro04 said:
Can I make you a question? did you find any difference in using cIOS249[57]-v21[EHCI-v19] than just using a plain rev19 base 57 install?
To my knowledge and use, I can't find any difference, just like having the latest without the stupid watchdog lag.

QUOTE(kamiro04 @ Jan 24 2011, 02:26 PM) There's this excelent tutorial about the CFG's options: http://gwht.wikidot.com/configurable-options
hope it helps!
Gah! Alpha transparency, I did not even see that until now
blush.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
TheRealVisitor said:
I installed the cIOS249[57]-v21[EHCI-v19].wad (mentioned above). No issues so far. Some lags I had with the default one from ciosx installer on Sports Resort are gone now.
Its not so important but maybe the modmii cios detection info for that frankenbuild cios will be added too, sometimes.
Post the hashes and i can add them.
(save debug.log also appends ioshash.txt)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
FIX94 said:
oggzee said:
Finally, lol
smile.gif

Thanks for the assistance!
Btw is the hybrid modmii rev21+rev19 detected properly too?
I will help again if needed, no problem
smile.gif

Yes, I tested this cios at first because it's finally fixing this controller lag for me!
Hmm, is it detected also if it's in some other slot than 249?
modmii allows 249 and 250 right?

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
psnider85 said:
For some reason, any theme that I use if it goes over 10 pages, then list of games gets pushed up one line, it's kinda hard to explain, I will try and take screenshots of what I mean.
I also had that when I was testing a translation file. That is related with the length of the texts on the screen...

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Yes, I tested this cios at first because it's finally fixing this controller lag for me!
Sorry for my "noobness", but controller lag is the fact that it turns off automatically inside Cfg USB Loader or...?

Thanks for clarifying

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
camurso_ said:
oggzee said:
camurso_ said:
Hi guys,
just to inform that last night I installed v65a and it crashed always when I was downloading CoD:B.O. leaderboards in zombie mode.
After rolling back and installing v64 is never happened again...
That's very odd, there were no changes related to game loading from v 64 to 65a.
Maybe it was a bad download or a random bug in the game...
Can you try again to re-confirm?

No problem.
This weekend I will do that. But it was, indeed, odd.
It happened after the game was loaded, I mean, only happened while waitinng for other players in my lobby and, while waiting, I was checking my position in leaderboard.
It happened both times I tried that.

well, it seems it is, indeed a game bug. If I try to download leaderbors if I´m in a private party, the game crashes...

T

TheRealVisitor

oggzee said:
TheRealVisitor said:
I installed the cIOS249[57]-v21[EHCI-v19].wad (mentioned above). No issues so far. Some lags I had with the default one from ciosx installer on Sports Resort are gone now.
Its not so important but maybe the modmii cios detection info for that frankenbuild cios will be added too, sometimes.
Post the hashes and i can add them.
(save debug.log also appends ioshash.txt)

cIOS249[57]-v21[EHCI-v19] (ModMii)

CODE
CFG 65b5 Tue Jan 25 13:54:55 2011
IOS249, {0x00298dc2, 0x58fdae1a, 0x233b0958, 0x17269047, 0x8188633d}, r21 Base: ??

Eskeletor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to all,

I sort the games by date of installation works fine, but I wonder if you can keep that order, because when I leave the application and return whenever the games are arranged by title. (and I press 2 to save the overall)

Sorry if a dumb question, but I read a lot before asking and I have not seen any setting to configure.

Sorry for my English, thanks again.

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wanted to ask if it's planned to move certain configuration options (base cIOS for the loader, default settings for the games) to the loader GUI... it would be very useful not to have to switch between PC and Wii so often.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
FIX94 said:
oggzee said:
* Improved detection of hybrid modmii cios for non-249 slot
Works now
yaywii.gif
Seems like the hybrid base 57 detection also works!

Great!
Now i know what is the difference in hash between wanin/hermes and modmii:
CODE
s32 brute_tmd(tmd *p_tmd)
{
ÂÂÂÂu16 fill;
ÂÂÂÂfor(fill=0; fillfill3 = fill;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂsha1 hash;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSHA1((u8 *)p_tmd, TMD_SIZE(p_tmd), hash);;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (hash[0]==0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂreturn -1;
}

s32 brute_modmii(signed_blob *TMD, int size, unsigned char *hash)
{
ÂÂÂÂu16 fill;
ÂÂÂÂtmd *p_tmd = (tmd*)SIGNATURE_PAYLOAD(TMD);
ÂÂÂÂfor(fill=0; fillfill3 = fill;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSHA1((u8 *)TMD, size, hash);;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (hash[0]==0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂreturn -1;
}
This might come handy to xflak, if you got question related to that let me know.

Eskeletor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
cfg v65b6 (beta)
* Fixed: sort = install-desc in config.txt
Oggzee WONDERFUL,

I have seen that when you load the application and the hard disk is turn off or unplugged, displays the following options:

Press A to select device
Press B to Exit to HBC
Press Home to reset
Press 2 to reload IOS Press
Press LEFT / RIGHT to select IOS

You can add another option to load another application (such as WiiMc for example) or even better option to customize the B button instead of HBC is another application specified in the config.txt file:

B_button = "WiiMC"
Then Press B to Exit to WiiMC

or

B_button = "HBC"
Then Press B to Exit to HBC

etc.

Probably just the name is not easy, but not if there is any Application ID or name of the folder in APPS / Name .... I dont know. I'm sure that if you think good idea, find a way to do it.

Thanks a lot

Note: Other option is display a windows with all the sd:usb/apps and choose there....

Note: and dreaming, it would be best after pressing the button B, which appeared all applications that are the apps directory with all the graphical potential of the CFG usb loader, flow, covers, etc, applications rather than games.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Eskeletor said:
You can add another option to load another application (such as WiiMc for example) or even better option to customize the B button instead of HBC is another application specified in the config.txt file:

Note: and dreaming, it would be best after pressing the button B, which appeared all applications that are the apps directory with all the graphical potential of the CFG usb loader, flow, covers, etc, applications rather than games.
Isn't an exit to the HBC exactly what you are asking for there? It's a menu that lists all your apps with graphical indicators of each app... While the current setup probably is more of a return to the launching app as opposed to the HBC, we can probably change that option to use your selected 'home' action instead, allowing it to launch the HBC even if you use a forwarder.

Also, just to let you know, you can remap the buttons to launch other channels (but not homebrew apps) using the button_* options.

rrestiaux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all...
I upgraded CFG V58 to the latest. on both versions the games work great, but when i upgraded via internet from the wii it does not show covers and when i download the covers i get a black screen that has a bunch of errors.. CHECKSUM. Furthermore, i don't use SD card. stricktly loads from USB. i tried upgrading with only 3 games and everything was fine. This problem only happened after i loaded up all my games onto the HDD. I also tried with 3 other hard drives same problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to...