Hacking Configurable USB Loader

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the ext support, can you run any game off of the partition with out an issue? Does it support playing rock band, MH3, and other games that might need to be loaded under an alternative cios?

This may seem like a dumb question, but wanted to make sure before I went about converting my drive to ext3. I have been waiting for ext support since jump street so thanks for all the hard work!
bow.gif

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Havent posted for a while because I havent had any problems, but softmodded a 4.3E wii and everything seems alright yet both Mario Galaxy games seem to crash after getting a star (Black screen using 249 rev 20),

Have all the IOS installed from the MODIFY stickied thread

Cloned my WBFS that works fine to another WBFS drive with more storage

Using config loader 57b4 (haven't updated cause on mine it was working fine for everything and the updates seemed more FAT32/NTFS centric, although I may have missed something as its been a while)

Any idea what I should be looking for first?

I am testing tonight with my old hard drive to see if I get same issues but at the moment at work so thought I'd see if there is anything else I can do tonight?

Cheers

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
stingray1059 said:
after updating to the latest version, my cfg starts in list mode, even if i save the global settings to flow/carousel mode. it still starts in list mode after restart. any fix?
That is controlled by the option gui=start. It sounds like you've deleted it from config.txt or a different config.txt is being detected.

boondoklife said:
I have a question about the ext support, can you run any game off of the partition with out an issue? Does it support playing rock band, MH3, and other games that might need to be loaded under an alternative cios?

This may seem like a dumb question, but wanted to make sure before I went about converting my drive to ext3. I have been waiting for ext support since jump street so thanks for all the hard work!
bow.gif

We don't know as not many people have provided us with any feedback yet. Perhaps just create a small ext partition on your drive and try out a few games, then extend the partition and try the rest if the initial tests work. If you do run into bugs, oggzee should be able to help you fix them.

QUOTE(toss01 @ Dec 21 2010, 10:47 AM)
Hi guys,

Havent posted for a while because I havent had any problems, but softmodded a 4.3E wii and everything seems alright yet both Mario Galaxy games seem to crash after getting a star (Black screen using 249 rev 20),

Have all the IOS installed from the MODIFY stickied thread

Cloned my WBFS that works fine to another WBFS drive with more storage

Using config loader 57b4 (haven't updated cause on mine it was working fine for everything and the updates seemed more FAT32/NTFS centric, although I may have missed something as its been a while)

Any idea what I should be looking for first?

I am testing tonight with my old hard drive to see if I get same issues but at the moment at work so thought I'd see if there is anything else I can do tonight?

Cheers
I strongly suggest you do use an up to date version of Cfg. It plays better with the new IOSes. I would also suggest reripping the games as many of those cloning techniques can cause minor errors.

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
@ Dr. Clipper: no worries, I would be happy to help test this out!

I created a small ext4 partition on the same drive as my fat32 and moved a game over (Rock band 3). When I try to switch to the drive I see a bunch of game boxes like normal but all have question marks and no labels.

I am posting the same thing on the google code site as I'm sure that is the best place for it.

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I strongly suggest you do use an up to date version of Cfg. It plays better with the new IOSes. I would also suggest reripping the games as many of those cloning techniques can cause minor errors.

Sounds good, I'll do a fair few tests tonight, I also deleted one game (Ashes cricket) it was the first in the list, can deleting games cause an issue too?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
boondoklife said:
@ Dr. Clipper: no worries, I would be happy to help test this out!

I created a small ext4 partition on the same drive as my fat32 and moved a game over (Rock band 3). When I try to switch to the drive I see a bunch of game boxes like normal but all have question marks and no labels.

I am posting the same thing on the google code site as I'm sure that is the best place for it.
That might be normal. You probably have your cover directory pointing to the ext drive now and it can't find the cover for the single game that's on there (the single game will appear multiple times in the coverflow modes). Perhaps check the console view instead of the GUI first?

toss01 said:
QUOTEI strongly suggest you do use an up to date version of Cfg. It plays better with the new IOSes. I would also suggest reripping the games as many of those cloning techniques can cause minor errors.

Sounds good, I'll do a fair few tests tonight, I also deleted one game (Ashes cricket) it was the first in the list, can deleting games cause an issue too?
Many WBFS drives tend to corrupt some games after deletion of other games, so yes. I think it depends on how they were initially formatted to WBFS.

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just a quick question...
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Does Configurable USB Loader work with the USB microphones provided with karaoke games like We Sing?
yaywii.gif

And if yes, does it need any special configuration?
huh.gif
happy.gif

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XICO2KX said:
Just a quick question...
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Does Configurable USB Loader work with the USB microphones provided with karaoke games like We Sing?
yaywii.gif

huh.gif
happy.gif
yes they are supported, but that support is really a function of the cios being used to load the games. with most wii-related usb loading issues, try loading the game with one cios, if it doesnt work as expected, try another.

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XICO2KX said:
Just a quick question...
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

yaywii.gif

huh.gif
happy.gif
It does but you have to install cIOS with IOS56 as base IOS IIRC otherwise they won't be recognized.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
New French language file for Configurable USB Loader 62 Beta 3 is available here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=71ORQJQ8

Now we're able to translate 100% of CFG!

I don't see any missing translations, except themes.

By the way if you have stripes theme .psd please send me some PM.

I wrote his author but he didn't answered yet
unsure.gif

My next TOP 3 features request based on what's on first page of this topic would be:
* NAND emulation (and be able to launch VC/Wiiware)
* GUI game start screen (if it is what I mean: see DVD game animation as when we launch them from DVD channel)
* Spinning discs (if not above possible)

I know it's not X-mas yet but who knows…

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
PabloACZ said:
Jabe said:
* GUI game start screen (if it is what I mean: see DVD game animation as when we launch them from DVD channel)

Is that possible, a *.bnr player? I think it would need a lot of code to be done.

Yes that's what I'm talking about.

The code needed would be to integrate code already created by Billiard26 and godisgovernment on Wii Banner Player

There is some video here.
(Btw it seems that the BBCode youtube button doesn't show video, that's why I used url instead)

I don't know if oggzree, Dr. Clipper, usptactical, or gannon heard of it, but it something interesting to look @.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
libOGC 1.8.6 was released hope to see the fixes implemented in the next beta release or full release of cfg loader,

by the way Dr. Clipper and Oggezz, thanks again guys for helping out with this loader
Dr Clipper thanks for answering questions right away and being so helpful for everyone
and Oggezz thanks for quick updates to the loader and answering questions as well, whoever else works on this loader thanks as well for the continually support of this program

anray

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have using version 0.60 very long time. When i'm upgraded 0.60 to 0.61 and later, wiimote is power down and not respond. Only works the gamecube controller. How to fix it?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
anray said:
I have using version 0.60 very long time. When i'm upgraded 0.60 to 0.61 and later, wiimote is power down and not respond. Only works the gamecube controller. How to fix it?
Try v61-compat and let me know if that helps....

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:
Many WBFS drives tend to corrupt some games after deletion of other games, so yes. I think it depends on how they were initially formatted to WBFS.
no its a bug in whatever does the _deleting_

old revs of wbfs lib marked sectors of other games as free when deleting a game
some rip in the future then can overwrite portions of these other games

afaik if can be fixed with wimms wit
as long as its not overwritten allready

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!