Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
airline38 said:
I found a problem of v62a5 -> it always shows "partition auto is invalid"
for my WBFS HDD (only one partition and I didn't set up partition = XXXX
in either config.txt or settings.cfg).
I hope i fixed this with 62b, can you confirm?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
sideskroll said:
Hi. Just migrating from USBloader GX. I've had no problems at all with any games so far. But I just thought it would be nice to have a different layout for a change. Anyway, I have a very simple and kinda n00bish question: What is the CODES folder for? I mean, I know those are ocarina codes... But why does CFG come with some codes from the get go? I mean. I don't want to use any cheats/codes with any of the games.... I assume a lot of people feel the same way. I don't see why would a loader come with cheats embedded...
Anyways, Is it safe to delete the folder?
Thanks in advance for your help.
They're there as an example of how to use them. The codes are disabled by default, so it is safe to leave them there, but deleting won't hurt of course. To switch them on, you would need to use the ocarina option.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v62b2 (beta)
cfg62b2.dol
cfg62b2-222.dol
lang62b2.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v62b2 (beta)
* Fixed gui_clock_pos alignment
* Fixed title in grid mode when no game is selected
* gui style change notification is now printed in title area
the same way as button actions (profile change, ...)
* Added option: gui_title_area = x, y, w, h
default: 0,0,0,0 meaning, position depends on gui_title_top
min w, h: 320, 10 note: h is not yet used
* renamed option gui_pager_pos to gui_page_pos

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot for this Beta update and for having worked on my requests.

French language updated for Cfg version 62 Beta 1 but seems fine for Beta 2 too.

On game option some things are still untranslated:
-Language (for example "English" is "Anglais" in French)
-Next to "Game History" => "On"/"Off"/"Japanase Title"/"English Title", etc.

When it will be translated I think CFG will be 100% translated
yaywii.gif

Somebody asked me as you are working on ext2fs support: what about ext4?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
VashTS said:
So when I scroll my list of games (be it in coverflow or list), they will be sorted? like wii games (a-z), then wiiware forwarders? i tried to use the configurator to group the games intro each profile, but i guess i didn't do it right. the configurator overwhelms me, too many options. any guide you can point me to?

what i want is to boot into cfg. it goes to list and has two options: -Wii Games and -Wiiware Games each containing its rightful isos. in coverflow mode it should just be ordered in that manner. if thats what profiles do then i definitely need to get it done.
The profiles give you different sets of favorites. You set up the profile names and default profile with the profile_names and profile options in config.txt (Global Options page 3). You then set the games in each profile by going to the Game Settings tab and using the Manage favorites/hidden button. Populate your gamelist by either reading the gamelist.txt file or just adding games from folder first.

THe other options that might interest you are start_favorites, which means Cfg will default to showing favorites and button_2 = profile (or another button) to allow quick profile switching. Thus, if you set it up as follows:

profile_names = category1, category2, etc. #list of up to 10 names for your profile categories
profile = category2 #name of the profile that will be displayed when Cfg is started
start_favorites = 1 #Cfg starts with only the games within the profile loaded
button_2 = profile #button 2 now acts to switch between your profiles

you then get the ability to switch easily between viewing the games in each profile with the 2 button. The 2 button's default action is to switch between displaying favorites and all games, so it sounds like you wouldn't need it once you have set up your profiles.

thanks for explaining it, but i would rather not have that big ugly star on the favorites. i greatly appreciate your response but i don't think i like this. is there a way to remove the star?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
VashTS said:
thanks for explaining it, but i would rather not have that big ugly star on the favorites. i greatly appreciate your response but i don't think i like this. is there a way to remove the star?
Yes. Add an image called favorite.png which is totally blank to your theme. One such image is included in the Cfg .zips and should be at /usb-loader/resources/favorite0.png. Just rename it to favorite.png and put it in /usb-loader (or whatever your base directory is) and all themes which don't declare their own favorite image will use it.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone managed to get Samurai Warriors 3 - NTSC USA working properly? It black screens with me when I start a Story. I tried using cios 222 223 and 249, none worked...

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
Yes ext2, ext3 and ext4 should all work.

Hi Oggzee,

let me take this opportunity to tell you about a very minor "bug" I have found in v61... I do not know if it has been already solved in v62b2 (I have no Wii here...), please trash this post if this is the case and sorry if I have bothered you...

Assume for a certain game you have in the SD the 2D cover, the 3D cover and no Full Cover.
In GUI mode, grid, flow and flow-z work perfect since there is the 2D/3D cover
No image is shown in coverflow3d, coverflow2d, frontrow, vertical, carousel, since the Full cover is missing.

When a game is selected, CFG switches to Console Mode.
In the case grid, flow or flow-z is used, the 3D cover is shown correcty.
In the case coverflow3d, coverflow2d, frontrow, vertical or carousel is used, no 3D cover is shown even if it is present in the SD.
It seems that in coverflow3d, and so on, the absence of the Full Cover gives the idea that the 3D one is missing too...

I hope to have been clear (I have been able to reproduce the problem).. I do not know if it has been already solved...

Also a suggestion: in the case Full Cover is missing, why not using the 2D one even in coverflow3d? (I know this is a much harder problem)...

Thanks a lot for all your job...

Cambo

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
cambric said:
Hi Oggzee,

let me take this opportunity to tell you about a very minor "bug" I have found in v61... I do not know if it has been already solved in v62b2 (I have no Wii here...), please trash this post if this is the case and sorry if I have bothered you...

Assume for a certain game you have in the SD the 2D cover, the 3D cover and no Full Cover.
In GUI mode, grid, flow and flow-z work perfect since there is the 2D/3D cover
No image is shown in coverflow3d, coverflow2d, frontrow, vertical, carousel, since the Full cover is missing.

When a game is selected, CFG switches to Console Mode.
In the case grid, flow or flow-z is used, the 3D cover is shown correcty.
In the case coverflow3d, coverflow2d, frontrow, vertical or carousel is used, no 3D cover is shown even if it is present in the SD.
It seems that in coverflow3d, and so on, the absence of the Full Cover gives the idea that the 3D one is missing too...

I hope to have been clear (I have been able to reproduce the problem).. I do not know if it has been already solved...

Also a suggestion: in the case Full Cover is missing, why not using the 2D one even in coverflow3d? (I know this is a much harder problem)...

Thanks a lot for all your job...

Cambo
This sounds very different to how it is usually set up. In the coverflow GUI modes, 2D images are already used to create a fake full cover if the full cover is not present. The cover type that is shown in the console is whatever is set in in the cover_style option. If no cover is shown at all, it means that both the full and 2D covers are missing (or at least that is what I have always experienced). I'll give it a try with the 3d covers to see if I can replicate your issue, though.

Edit: OK, I can replicate that if the 2D cover is missing, it won't display the 3D cover. We'll fix that bug soon, I guess.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
I could print out also the volume label for FAT, NTFS and ext although the part table space is tight not sure where to put it, but that wouldn't work for wbfs partitions.

The info in the partition list is only used to identify the correct partition
As soon as a meaningfull label (!="" & !="New Volume") is displayed the rest is not needed anymore (well "free" might be usefull)

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
danweb said:
Does anyone know how to get USB loader GX running or alternatively, how to get Kirby's epic yarn working in any way. (also, i have one of the wiis with the new disc drive.)
IIRC the only thing I had to do was forcing the video to PAL60 - after that it worked great... give it a try!

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
2 Questions

1 Does/will in a future release CFG load channels/Wiiware like Wiiflow
2 I've ripped Metal Slug Anthology [PAL] to my USB via CFG, now I know I'm supposed to load an alt dol, however it works fine without doing this, has there been some improvement in cios/cfg or am I missing something.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
chop said:
2 Questions

1 Does/will in a future release CFG load channels/Wiiware like Wiiflow
2 I've ripped Metal Slug Anthology [PAL] to my USB via CFG, now I know I'm supposed to load an alt dol, however it works fine without doing this, has there been some improvement in cios/cfg or am I missing something.
1: Not very likely. The Wii Menu does a better job of that than we could ever supply.
2: I believe you only need to use the alternate .dol to play Metal Slug 6 or something like that.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
after updating to the latest version, my cfg starts in list mode, even if i save the global settings to flow/carousel mode. it still starts in list mode after restart. any fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good