Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bulletmark said:
I tried all the versions you give above by putting them in different /apps/* dirs and starting them from HBC. All were using the same /usb-loader dir. Problem is, it is quite inconsistent. However I started each version quite a few times and never saw the problem (with dual wiimotes) on any version except v61b8. I.e. I never saw the problem with 60, 61-171 to 61-184. Even v61b8 does work from HBC quite often but I saw it fail about 5 times in all my tests, never in any other versions. I do sense that starting v61b8 from a channel forwarder makes the problem more likely - perhaps it changes the timing?
Ok, I think I was able to reproduce the problem and fix it too.
Can you try this:
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t8.dol
(note it's t8 as in test not b8 as in beta)
It's back to devkit 22 and ogc 1.8.5 but with some wpad_init changes, it looks like it works now, can you confirm?

darkandlong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
darkandlong said:
Quick question - I added the "titles.txt" file to my USB Loader Folder. When I try to add game titles from the txt file it gives me an error regarding a "Duplicate key value supplied" and only lists 29 games. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks.
Are you talking about the Configurator? Which wizard are you talking about exactly?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm talking about loading up the Configurator and going to the Cover Download Wizard. I'm looking for an updated list so I can store the images on the SD card.

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
bulletmark said:
I tried all the versions you give above by putting them in different /apps/* dirs and starting them from HBC. All were using the same /usb-loader dir. Problem is, it is quite inconsistent. However I started each version quite a few times and never saw the problem (with dual wiimotes) on any version except v61b8. I.e. I never saw the problem with 60, 61-171 to 61-184. Even v61b8 does work from HBC quite often but I saw it fail about 5 times in all my tests, never in any other versions. I do sense that starting v61b8 from a channel forwarder makes the problem more likely - perhaps it changes the timing?
Ok, I think I was able to reproduce the problem and fix it too.
Can you try this:
It's back to devkit 22 and ogc 1.8.5 but with some wpad_init changes, it looks like it works now, can you confirm?
I was able to recreate this also with b8. I tried t8, but I still get (two different but similar) stack dumps:

80b43b84 -> 80b31810 -> 80b2f9cc -> 80b330a0
80b3774c -> 80b35554 -> 80a99c84 -> 80b38818
80b58528

80b43b84 -> 80b318ac -> 80b32014 -> 80b2f9cc
80b330a0 -> 80b3774c -> 80b35554 -> 80a99c84
80b38818

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
v61.3 of Configurator is out

Download here or use online update (via Actions menu)

Changes:
  • Fixed bugs with column sorting in Cover Download
  • Allowed Cover Download to accept two games that only differ in publisher code (customs, etc.).
Sample cdbs do not need to be updated.

darkandlong, that's your problem fixed. Note that it will take a long time to read the entirety of titles.txt, though. There's nearly 4000 entries.

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Can you try this:
I can't try it because I get a 404 (file not found) when I click on that link. Clearly I have a sick googlecode mirror given my earlier problem also.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@Dr. Clipper,

How can I use Configurator Covers Wizard function to manage my WBFS drive ?
I have no problem to use this function to easily manage my NTFS drive (by using
"add games from folder").

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a few PAL games that don't have full covers, is there an easy (automatic) way to use the NTSC versions or do I have to do each one manually.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
airline38 said:
@Dr. Clipper,

How can I use Configurator Covers Wizard function to manage my WBFS drive ?
I have no problem to use this function to easily manage my NTFS drive (by using
"add games from folder").
In Cfg, go to the Global Options menu and save (push 1 twice to get there then push 2 to save).

You will now have a file called gamelist.txt in your Cfg base directory (usually sd:/usb-loader/gamelist.txt). Read that file in via the "add games from .txt" button or run Configurator from the same directory as the file and it will autoload the list for you.

THe above method actually works for all drive formats, and it is the only one available for WBFS drives. I don't have enough knowledge of the WBFS format to autoscan the drive like I can for FAT/NTFS.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bulletmark said:
I have been using the latest wiiflow updated every day. So my current wiiflow is 2.2beta, r254. [Note I am new to this scene so have been trialling both wiiflow and CFG. Don't quite see why wiiflow has so much hype as CFG seems better to me, has more functionality, and has all that cover flow stuff anyhow (if I preferred it to the plain grid flow which I don't!). Wiiflow crashes for me more often than CFG anyhow as it seems to have a stability problem with 249 rev 20 + ios56 atm.]
I have tried it with the latest wiiflow public beta (r301-ios294) and managed to reproduce the problem if started with two wiimotes enabled it crashes.
Can you try that too? Because that one is known to be built with the latest libogc.
In my opinion, it has to be a bug in the latest libogc after all.
This is the dump i get with wiiflow and 2 wiimotes:
STACK DUMP:
80c15990 --> 80c0d0f4 --> 80b873b0 --> 80bcd298 -->
80b98b20 --> 80bcf8cc --> 80b6a2b0 --> 80b6a3dc -->
80b00348

CODE DUMP:
80c15990: 906B0004 48000008 39200000 39600000
80c159a0: 2C000000 41820010 7D6000A6 616B8000
80c159b0: 7D600124 7D234B78 4E800020 39200000

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
61b6-8 seem to break the fowarder channels i made for some games, it just black screens or reboots back to the wii menu (b6) rendering my once working channels in version 60 useless..

b5 seems to work randomly.. it will load the channel sometimes, and black screen on others..

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
61b6-8 seem to break the fowarder channels i made for some games, it just black screens or reboots back to the wii menu (b6) rendering my once working channels in version 60 useless..

b5 seems to work randomly.. it will load the channel sometimes, and black screen on others..
Does it work with this:
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61b8-171.dol

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
I have tried it with the latest wiiflow public beta (r301-ios294) and managed to reproduce the problem if started with two wiimotes enabled it crashes.
Can you try that too? Because that one is known to be built with the latest libogc.
oggzee, yes I have just confirmed that the same bug happens with wiiflow r301 as well. Tried it 3 times, first time locked up in the new splash loading screen, second time worked, third time crashed to a register dump screen like I have usually been seeing in CFG.

Damn, I thought I had an enthusiastic bug squasher working on this but now I guess the bug is not your domain
frown.gif

Thanks for you excellent effort on this so far anyhow.

Snake87r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I found a little bug in CfgLoaderConfigurator,
From the cfg-loader i updated my gamelist.

Insert my sd in my pc, open configurator, go to Wizards-> Cover Download
Then I click on button "Delete surplus cover", the program found and if i click ok delete this:
noimage_wide
noimage

This "cover" are in the zip package of cfgloader.

And, if it's possible to add a progress like 1/200 in the title bar when i click on download all games cover.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
looks good .. loads with no issues
Do you know if they work with the latest wiiflow beta 301?

Heh this new devkit and libogc don't bring much advantages...
Let's see ogc 1.8.5 vs 1.7.1:
pros:
- new guitar hero controller works
potential pros:
- async net init (not used yet)
cons:
- dual wiimote startup crash
- game forwarder channel using cfg hang
fixed issues:
- COD:BO
- mod player

What other problems are there?
I mean things that work with 61b8-171 but don't in regular 61b8 or vice versa...
I'm trying to decide if the next release (61) should use the new devkit or not...

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Dr. Clipper said:
In Cfg, go to the Global Options menu and save (push 1 twice to get there then push 2 to save).

You will now have a file called gamelist.txt in your Cfg base directory (usually sd:/usb-loader/gamelist.txt). Read that file in via the "add games from .txt" button or run Configurator from the same directory as the file and it will autoload the list for you.

THe above method actually works for all drive formats, and it is the only one available for WBFS drives. I don't have enough knowledge of the WBFS format to autoscan the drive like I can for FAT/NTFS.

Got it. (so the better way is to use NTFS drive)

Just curious how other tools (EX:WBFS manager , Wii backup manager ....) can recognize WBFS drive under PC/Windows.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Snake87r said:
Hello, I found a little bug in CfgLoaderConfigurator,
From the cfg-loader i updated my gamelist.

Insert my sd in my pc, open configurator, go to Wizards-> Cover Download
Then I click on button "Delete surplus cover", the program found and if i click ok delete this:
noimage_wide
noimage

This "cover" are in the zip package of cfgloader.

And, if it's possible to add a progress like 1/200 in the title bar when i click on download all games cover.
Hmm... I hadn't realised Cfg makes use of the noimage pngs. I'll fix that up. And I'll see what I can do about a counter.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my issue was referring to fowarder channels i made with crap that only seem to work with certain versions of cfg.. i would have to make a channel that uses wiiflow to figure that out...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Ah!
I thought you were talking about forwarder isos.
Never mind then, there's no need to test that with wiiflow.
I will keep building with both dev. tools, i just haven't made my mind yet which should be the default and which should be the alternative...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.