Hacking Configurable USB Loader

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
First, thx for the quick action on making this game work reliably in cfg, downgrading to a deprecated cIOS and loader rev is not imho a "fix". I wish some work would be done on wiiflow also x.X.

@Dr. Clipper, the fix for some pal TV's is pretty easily implemented in cfg src, (I'm total noob and fixed it, only because i have one of those problem TV's). when i get around to it I'll post it on the bug tracker for you if you dont mind.

As for my configuration, idk what anyone uses 249 for much anymore, 222 runs everything for me just fine, I only keep 249r17 in for triiforwarders to work.

cfg 57b4 222mload
222 rev4
249 rev17

everything is on fat1 on USB

removed the wip and disabled the disc check option and presto, the POP game plays.

I normally use wiiflow but there are alot of problems that r-win seems to not be able to fix, I may have to make a permanent switch back to cfg if the covers problem isnt fixed in wiiflow. Man, I even gave him the fix for the black sidebars on some pal tv's and it was unimportant enough to commit it, even though its the same thing I got dimok and tantric to add into their apps (wiixplorer, wiimc, snes9x, etc)

Anyways, enough of the rant, i'll pastie the fix for you when I get a chance and comment on a bug report with the link.

atomex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lejong2002 said:
Hi

I updated to the latest cfg usb loader.
This is my system ; FAT formatted HDD, cIOS249 rev19.

But I cannot run the PoP correctly, it stops on black screen after logo.

Any Idea?

I solve this problem with this:

1. Open the iso with Wii Scrubber and replace the main. dol (of the Partition 1) with this:
Link Deleted by rules (thanks Dr. Clipper). Find it and you shure that works in NTSC and PAL or find the patched iso.

2. Set the CFG (v56) options like sayed Dr. Clipper:
a) Make sure you don't have a .wip patch in the directory as that will screw things up.
b) Have video at Game Default
c) Turn off all of: Video Patch, Country Fix, Alt Dol, Ocarina, VIDTV, Anti 002, Block IOS Reload
d) wiird must also be off (if present)

3. Have the last version of cIOS249 and select it in the options of the CFG.

and PLAY!!!

I solved the problem of POP and i have played very good.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@mugotu: thanks. Make sure you post here too. We don't really check the bug tracker that often (except oggzee).

Abx said:
If I boot a retail disc through Cfg Loader, the game will load using a cIOS or the original system IOS intended for the game?
It will boot with the cIOS.

Gao said:
Abx said:
If I boot a retail disc through Cfg Loader, the game will load using a cIOS or the original system IOS intended for the game?
I thought you can't boot a game disc on USBLoader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
atomex said:

1. Open the iso with Wii Scrubber and replace the main. dol (of the Partition 1) with this:
ILLEGAL LINK (works in NTSC and PAL) or find the patched iso.
You didn't need to do that. Cfg v57b4 will work without changing the game on the drive at all.

Also, your link is illegal and you should delete it.

atomex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
atomex said:

ILLEGAL LINK (works in NTSC and PAL) or find the patched iso.
You didn't need to do that. Cfg v57b4 will work without changing the game on the drive at all.

Also, your link is illegal and you should delete it.

Thanks for the advice of the link.
biggrin.gif

Where i found the Cfg v57b4? I don`t see it in the first page
frown.gif

EDIT:
I found it ! I found it! XD http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-us...r?&st=10335

Thanks for you support Dr. Clipper of this great loader.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here is what I have atm, (I lost my old edit so I threw this together quick).

This is untested since I obviously dont have the correct libs set up or somehting and cant compile atm, but surely you can clean it up and test it out. Maybe compile it and send me a test version in pm or tell me what versions of what and all I need to compile this. The important thing is this is where it needs fixed and the code to do it, but it takes away the need to set widescreen in your configs, it does it from your wii settings i think. I left the old code intact (commented out) so it looks messy but thats just to show better whaere it was changed and how.

in video.c
Code:
/* (Unnecessary)
void Video_SetWide()
{
ÂÂÂÂif (CFG.widescreen && video_wide) return;
ÂÂÂÂif (!CFG.widescreen && !video_wide) return;
ÂÂÂÂif (!vmode) return;
ÂÂÂÂ// change required
ÂÂÂÂif (CFG.widescreen) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->viWidth = 678;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->viXOrigin = ((VI_MAX_WIDTH_NTSC - 678) / 2);
ÂÂÂÂ} else {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*vmode = vmode_non_wide;
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂvideo_wide = CFG.widescreen;
ÂÂÂÂVideo_Configure(vmode);
}
*/

void Video_SetMode(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂif (vmode) return; // already set?!

ÂÂÂÂ/* Select preferred video mode */
ÂÂÂÂvmode = VIDEO_GetPreferredMode(NULL);

ÂÂÂÂ/*// save non-wide vmode (Unnecessary)
ÂÂÂÂvmode_non_wide = *vmode;
ÂÂÂÂ*/

ÂÂÂÂ//Check for pal::Miigotu (Taken from wiimc video.cpp by Tantric)
ÂÂÂÂbool pal = false;
ÂÂÂÂif (vmode == &TVPal528IntDf)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂpal = true;
ÂÂÂÂ//end change

ÂÂÂÂ/*// widescreen mode :Original code (Unnecessary)
ÂÂÂÂvideo_wide = CONF_GetAspectRatio();
ÂÂÂÂif (video_wide) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->viWidth = 678;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->viXOrigin = ((VI_MAX_WIDTH_NTSC - 678) / 2);
ÂÂÂÂ}*/
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ//Set proper mode::Miigotu (Taken from wiimc video.cpp by Tantric)
ÂÂÂÂif (CONF_GetAspectRatio() == CONF_ASPECT_16_9) //maybe this line needs changed?
ÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//screenwidth = 768;

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->fbWidth = 640;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->efbHeight = 456;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->viWidth = 686;

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (pal)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->xfbHeight = 542;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->viHeight = 542;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂelse
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->xfbHeight = 456;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->viHeight = 456;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂelse
ÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (pal)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode = &TVPal574IntDfScale;

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->viWidth = 672;
ÂÂÂÂ}

ÂÂÂÂif (pal)
ÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->viXOrigin = (VI_MAX_WIDTH_PAL - vmode->viWidth) / 2;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->viYOrigin = (VI_MAX_HEIGHT_PAL - vmode->viHeight) / 2;
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂelse
ÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->viXOrigin = (VI_MAX_WIDTH_NTSC - vmode->viWidth) / 2;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvmode->viYOrigin = (VI_MAX_HEIGHT_NTSC - vmode->viHeight) / 2;
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂ//End Change

ÂÂÂÂ/* Allocate memory for the framebuffer */
ÂÂÂÂ//framebuffer0 = MEM_K0_TO_K1(SYS_AllocateFramebuffer(vmode));
ÂÂÂÂ//framebuffer1 = MEM_K0_TO_K1(SYS_AllocateFramebuffer(vmode));
ÂÂÂÂframebuffer0 = MEM_K0_TO_K1(Video_Allocate_MAX_Framebuffer(vmode, true));
ÂÂÂÂframebuffer1 = MEM_K0_TO_K1(Video_Allocate_MAX_Framebuffer(vmode, true));
ÂÂÂÂframebuffer = framebuffer0;

ÂÂÂÂ/* Clear the screen */
ÂÂÂÂVideo_Clear(COLOR_BLACK);

ÂÂÂÂ// Set Next framebuffer
ÂÂÂÂVIDEO_SetNextFramebuffer(framebuffer);

ÂÂÂÂ/* Configure the video subsystem */
ÂÂÂÂVideo_Configure(vmode);
}

Also you'll need to comment or remove the call to Video_SetWide() in the main function @ usb-loader.c.

It probably need more work but I cant test it to keep going, should be easy for you from there xD.

EDIT: the modifying of wiiflow was much easier to understand and read, wish r-win would put it in and fix some other bugs there x.X

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
lejong2002 said:
Hi

I updated to the latest cfg usb loader.
This is my system ; FAT formatted HDD, cIOS249 rev19.

But I cannot run the PoP correctly, it stops on black screen after logo.

Any Idea?
Are you applying any patches? Check the last page or two of posts for my checklist of what not to do. What region is your Wii and what region is the game?

Oh, I checked the checklist again.
And now it works like charm.

Thanks a lot Dr. Clipper. !!

grog.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
mugotu said:
Ok, here is what I have atm, (I lost my old edit so I threw this together quick).

This is untested since I obviously dont have the correct libs set up or somehting and cant compile atm, but surely you can clean it up and test it out. Maybe compile it and send me a test version in pm or tell me what versions of what and all I need to compile this. The important thing is this is where it needs fixed and the code to do it, but it takes away the need to set widescreen in your configs, it does it from your wii settings i think. I left the old code intact (commented out) so it looks messy but thats just to show better whaere it was changed and how.

Also you'll need to comment or remove the call to Video_SetWide() in the main function @ usb-loader.c.

It probably need more work but I cant test it to keep going, should be easy for you from there xD.

EDIT: the modifying of wiiflow was much easier to understand and read, wish r-win would put it in and fix some other bugs there x.X
I'll try it out tonight.

BTW, are you aware that the CFG.widescreen setting has three values it can be? 0,1 and auto. Auto is default and it gets the widescreen value from the Wii. We still allow users to force it one way or the other if they want, though.

QUOTE(lejong2002 @ May 21 2010, 04:11 PM) Oh, I checked the checklist again.

grog.gif
Could you let me know which one you missed? I want to know the most common errors people are making.

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
lejong2002 said:
Oh, I checked the checklist again.

grog.gif
Could you let me know which one you missed? I want to know the most common errors people are making.

It was language setting, I changed it as a default.
And then it works.

rolleyes.gif

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
pedimaisum said:
pedimaisum said:
Hi Dr. Clipper, I'm new on the forum and on the CFG USBLOADER (I use Gx before). First, I really appreciate Cfg! Very clean and stable
wink.gif

Now....I set the this configs mentioned with Configurator app (installed on SD). 4.2U IOS 249 rev14, (with "Z" on the region code) clean .ISO (not patched). Just put the iso on WBFS partition and load with loader.

I passed every point of freezing, home, fountain, chess, etc.....but, after the big creature (after the sword scene), I climbed on the flowers wall, and in the next flowers wall, its freeze
frown.gif

Something wrong with my configurations?
QUOTEI'd say you just had a random crash as all games do. If it happens more frequently, let us know.

Thanks Dr. Clipper! I'll Try it more times when I go home and Tonight I'll post the results.
One more question: I can play all the other games with this configuration by default, or I have to configure every time to play Pop and when I play other game, to re-configure? Thanks!

PS.: I'll make some themes for Cfg, by the way
wink.gif

Hi Dr. Clipper.
I tryed again, loading the last save (before climb the wall of flower - the last
freeze). I passed for this point, but, in the arena, after kill the enemies
after the passage to be open, it's freeze. home button be ok and save games on the fountain Ok.

I'll check list one more time, for make sure if I have the right
configuration, and I will return with results.

A question: Before download the cfg57b4.dol and put this on apps/usbloader, wich version of Loader I had to have installed? I will try begin from zero with formated SD. Thanks!

4.2U, cIOS 249 rev14, Cfg USB Loader (cfg57b4.dol), Configurator v57.8.

PS.: My other games Worked fine
smile.gif

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Dr. Clipper said:
mugotu said:

I'll try it out tonight.

BTW, are you aware that the CFG.widescreen setting has three values it can be? 0,1 and auto. Auto is default and it gets the widescreen value from the Wii. We still allow users to force it one way or the other if they want, though.

QUOTE(lejong2002 @ May 21 2010, 04:11 PM) Oh, I checked the checklist again.

grog.gif
I suspect I might have one of the hooks on - need to check later tonight. Cant be an issue with return to channel as that is not even in my config.txt file!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pedimaisum said:
A question: Before download the cfg57b4.dol and put this on apps/usbloader, wich version of Loader I had to have installed? I will try begin from zero with formated SD. Thanks!

smile.gif
Upgrade your IOS249 to rev19. The dual layer bug in rev14 could be causing your problem as PoP is pretty big (the dual layer bug affects the very end of the first layer, so even single layer games can be affected). If you ripped the game from disc, you will need to delete it and rip it again after installing rev 19.

Use these instructions.

Also, use these instructions to install Cfg if you want to try that still.

Sicklinker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey there

what fixes do i need to enable when i try to run NTSC games on my PAL console?
i just end up with a green screen
i am on 4.2E and installed 249 rev19

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr. Clipper said:
pedimaisum said:

smile.gif

Upgrade your IOS249 to rev19. The dual layer bug in rev14 could be causing your problem as PoP is pretty big (the dual layer bug affects the very end of the first layer, so even single layer games can be affected). If you ripped the game from disc, you will need to delete it and rip it again after installing rev 19.

Use these instructions.

Also, use these instructions to install Cfg if you want to try that still.

Thanks again Dr. Clipper!
Before I update the cIOS249 rev14 to rev19, I will try to put a clean cfgUsbLoader in SD with this tutorial and see if its works. Btw, My actual config.txt below:

CODE
theme = BlueMatrix
device = usb
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2
covers_path = sd:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_2d = sd:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_3d = sd:/usb-loader/covers/3d
covers_path_disc = sd:/usb-loader/covers/disc
ios = 249
video = game
video_patch = 0
language = console
vidtv = 0
country_patch = 0
fix_002 = 0
block_ios_reload = 0
alt_dol = 0
ocarina = 0
hooktype = nohooks
debug = 0
wiird = 0
disable_dvd_patch = 0
disable_pop_patch = 0
return_to_channel = 0

markish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use configurable USB Loader with IOS 249 and anti 002 fix for SMG2 but when I start it I get a black screen. What configurations should I use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN