Hacking Configurable USB Loader

BenieUK

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Looking at removing the game options from the main menu, redundant with game options just as easily accessible, thoughts?

Sounds good to me, keep up the great work
smile.gif
and Thanks
wink.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wbfs_file 2.8
wbfs_file_2.8.zip
(included sources and binaries for windows, linux and macosx)
Changes:

v2.8:

* More filename layout options:
-l X : Layout of the destination filename:
-l f0 = file: ID.ext (same as -b)
-l f1 = file: ID_TITLE.ext
-l f2 = file: TITLE [ID].ext
-l d0 = dir: ID/ID.ext
-l d1 = dir: ID_TITLE/ID.ext (same as -d)
-l d2 = dir: TITLE [ID]/ID.ext [default]
Note that not all layouts are supported by current loaders.
Currently supported layouts in cfg loader:
-l f0 : cfg loader v46+
-l d1 : cfg loader v49+
-l d2 : cfg loader v51+
Layout -l d2 (TITLE [ID]/ID.ext) is now the default for both .iso and
.wbfs file creation

* Command id_title also accepts -l f0 .. f2 (but default is still ID_TITLE)

* The ID_TITLE.txt info file creation is now disabled by default
can be enabled with -x 1

* More info in progress display:
49.67% (-) ETA: 0:00:54 (2226.25MB of 4482.25MB ~ 41.82MB/s) time: 53.23s

* Included more utility scripts:
rename_folders-title [id].vbs
rename_folders.vbs
rename_titles_id.sh
rename_titles.sh

rr20552

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly can I say how excellent your loader is (I was using WiiFlow previously).

Just a couple of minor issues

1. Forwarders not working with latest PriiLoader (.46)

Most forwarders need to amended with a new entrypoint as they are overwriting PriiLoader in memory.

2. Your Shape

Your Shape does not detect the USB camera but does when launching original disc from disc channel.

Thanx in advance.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. is known but someone need to tell, what needs to be changed..

2. no loader is able to load IOS58, maybe hermes will build an cIOS38 merged 58 into 2xx, then you will be able to use xbox live cam and your shape copy

@oggzee thanks for the new layout
makes it much nicer per default
the only issue...cant rename such files into titles.txt names, maybe the vbs script can get enhanced to also rename if gameid is found in brackets instead in first 6 letters

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, i have hermes 222/223 installed, but when i try to launch metroid prime trilogy, the game game gets to where the actual game needs loaded, and then i takes a
Code:
 dump on me. or i just resets to my preloader screen with the error light. any idea why?

FoB69

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Although I did wanted to say thank you before, I didn't want to polute the thread with an extra reply.
Now that I have a good reason for posting I would like to start with saying thanks to Oggzee for all the effort he has put into to this loader.
Every time I think the loader is perfect, he comes with other great features. Thank you so much.

Also welcome aboard Gannon: I'm already enjoying the few updates you posted.

And thank you to all the other contributors. Keep up the good work.

Now my reason for posting. (I don't think it was already reported).
I'm having troubles with the new naming format.
I was using FAT32 with the directories and my naming was like ID_title_more_title.
After the new update I have written my own crappy program to rename all my directories to Title_more_title_[ID].

This is working for most of the games, except the ones for which the first part of titles is only six characters (like the game ID).
For example : Guitar_Hero_World_Tour_[SXAP52] is displayed in the menu as Hero_World_Tour_[SXAP52] and the loader will look for game ID "Guitar".
As a result the game wil not start.

@BortzANATOR

Did you try with alt dol ?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
FoB69 said:
I'm having troubles with the new naming format.
I was using FAT32 with the directories and my naming was like ID_title_more_title.
After the new update I have written my own crappy program to rename all my directories to Title_more_title_[ID].

This is working for most of the games, except the ones for which the first part of titles is only six characters (like the game ID).
For example : Guitar_Hero_World_Tour_[SXAP52] is displayed in the menu as Hero_World_Tour_[SXAP52] and the loader will look for game ID "Guitar".
As a result the game wil not start.

I suspected that these kinds of problems might pop up, that's why i check if the first 6 letters look like a GAMEID, but it seems I forgot to check that it's all UPCASE!
smile.gif
Will be fixed in next release. In the mean time you can just use spaces instead of underscores and it should work fine, like this:
Guitar Hero World Tour [SXAP52]

gannon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woot! A bug that wasn't my fault for once!
tongue.gif

Sabin_Figaro: That info would help, do you know what you did that made it code dump? And are you using v51b2?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ChaosEnergy said:
maybe the gameid should be always in [] independend if at front mid or end...
a one time change..and after that never problems again?
+1
this sounds like a good idea to me, the only problem would be if some1 less informed updates via the loader itself, they wont be able to play any of their games (as requiring the brackets will mean the older naming convention will no longer be supported). I still think its worth it, and all the noob would have to do is go online and google for a solution and they'll find it. If they're too lazy to do that, well, then f*ck them, lol

or maybe if NO games are found, an "error" message can pop up notifying the user that they're an idiot and need to rename their folders, lol

i dunno, not a huge deal i guess

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Sabin_Figaro said:
O I need to manually rename my games? I have all of them under wbfs, and the new version code dumps, font looks like crap on my lcd but i will try to snapshot
You don't need to rename anything, it's a perfectly optional procedure. And do you mean you have them on a WBFS partition? In that case, the naming doesn't affect you at all.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
xflak40 said:
this sounds like a good idea to me, the only problem would be if some1 less informed updates via the loader itself, they wont be able to play any of their games (as requiring the brackets will mean the older naming convention will no longer be supported). I still think its worth it, and all the noob would have to do is go online and google for a solution and they'll find it. If they're too lazy to do that, well, then f*ck them, lol

or maybe if NO games are found, an "error" message can pop up notifying the user that they're an idiot and need to rename their folders, lol

i dunno, not a huge deal i guess
So, are you implementing a solution that can be googled?
No?
I guess you're too lazy eh?
Does that mean you will have to f*ck yourself?

Seriously I see no reason to go breaking whatever backward compatibility, it was never the cfg way. Well unless there is a real good reason but this is not one.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
fair enough, you're calling the shots and I wouldn't have it any other way (no way I could do half the shit u have!). And the reason why i said all that was mainly to point out that implementing ChaosEnergy's idea would break backward compatibility (of course in the end I still felt it was worth it, but w/e)

but if the only check is that the first 6 digits are caps and followed by an underscore... it's possible a game name could have this naming format couldn't it (and fail to launch because of it)? I mean, yes its better than the current 6 digits followed by underscore (not case sensitive), but I think it could possibly still be problematic. That's why I agreed with ChaosEnergy when he said "maybe the gameid should be always in [] independent if at front mid or end".

and the solution would've been to rename "TITLEID_TITLENAME" to "TITLE [TITLEID]" (or "[TITLEID] TITLE"), that's what I meant by google a solution, and batch renaming tools for this purpose already exist (but i'm sure u knew that)

edit: hope i didn't offend u oggzee, i got nothing but mad respect 4 u and others like u

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__