Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
@sublimemovement

Try clearing out the cover folders?

I think that's the only thing CFG would be doing at that point, loading the cover textures? I could be wrong, but it's the first thing that springs to mind, that there may be some corrupt images.

thanks i will give that a shot

hmaidhoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlf said:
If you have a FAT partition on your drive, connect it to the computer, put in your SD card (computer) -- if you have a SD card reader, and transfer data between each. Or copy what's on the SD card to someplace on your computer, connect your HD to said comp, and copy the files that way.

so just drop everything right into the root of the drive, and leave the games where they are? I have a 1tb drive broken into 2 partitions both fat32.

k4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
In Metroid Prime Trilogy, is it possible to view all the unlockables and extras from the Menu alt.dol even when you play all three of the different games from the alt.dol's?

This is exactly what I would like to know.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you copy from the ROOT of the SD card, the ENTIRE structure of the card is being replicated in what ever location you paste it to. If you have Wii games running currently from SD(HC) card, you'll have to change a option in the loader to load from the hardrive you using.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
hmaidhoff said:
dlf said:
If you have a FAT partition on your drive, connect it to the computer, put in your SD card (computer) -- if you have a SD card reader, and transfer data between each. Or copy what's on the SD card to someplace on your computer, connect your HD to said comp, and copy the files that way.

so just drop everything right into the root of the drive, and leave the games where they are? I have a 1tb drive broken into 2 partitions both fat32.
Yes, everything should have the same directory structure on the drive as on the SD. However, it will only work on one partition or the other (whichever partition is first).

daleybox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to transfer settings and themes through FTPii (lastest version). If I try to transfer to the SD usbloader install it works fine, but if I try to transfer to the USB HDD, it locks up on the MKD directory command when I try to write anything. Anyone else had this problem and found a fix for it?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v49b
cfg49b-fat.dol
cfg49b.dol
(or online update)

Changes:
cfg v49b

* Added BCA dump to file from install menu
(Press + to install and then press 1 to dump BCA)

cfg v49a

* Games on SDHC with IOS 222/223 for both FAT or WBFS partition
* Games in subdirs on FAT: /wbfs/GAMEID_TITLE/GAMEID.wbfs
option: fat_install_dir = [0], 1
* Rename old boot.dol to boot.dol.bak when upgrading
* If the loader is used to start a game directly
(from a channel created with crap or similar tools)
and option: intro=0 is specified then no intro
and no progress is displayed until the game is started
* Support for .wip game patches (by WiiPower)
Loaded from: sd:/usb-loader/GAMEID.wip (text format)
* Support for BCA data (by Hermes)
Loaded from: sd:/usb-loader/GAMEID.bca (binary data of size 64 bytes)
(updated dip plugin from uloader 3.2)
* option: disable_nsmb_patch=[0],1 will disable the builtin nsmb patches
(in case someone wants to use/test the external .wip patch or .bca data)
* Enable WiiRD if usb gecko is connected and ocarina is enabled
even if not codes are found (by Rfrf)
* Ocarina url fix: /R/ID6 instead of /ID1/ID6 (for SNM*)

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Great work as always, oggzee.
smile.gif

I have a small suggestion... Could the BCA files be located in a directory before the final release of v49? (i.e.- sd:/usb-loader/bca/GAMEID.bca) Pretty much every game from here on will have BCA protection, which will lead to mass clutter in the "usb-loader" directory.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Oh, you might want to update your sig, too
wink.gif
Ha i did just after my last post well spotted.

Btw ive added the line "home = hbc" to my config (v49a) but it black screens is this due to the new hbc title id? or did i balls up
biggrin.gif

blueshift3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it expects it in binary format per oggzee's earlier post... so you need to use a hex editor or something to create the file.

Bloodlust said:
oggzee said:
cfg v49b
cfg49b-fat.dol
cfg49b.dol
(or online update)

Changes:
cfg v49b

* Added BCA dump to file from install menu
(Press + to install and then press 1 to dump BCA)

I found the BCA data for avatar. So do I just create a text file & save it under gameid.bcs? Is it automatically loaded when the game is launched?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Dialexio said:
Great work as always, oggzee.
smile.gif

I have a small suggestion... Could the BCA files be located in a directory before the final release of v49? (i.e.- sd:/usb-loader/bca/GAMEID.bca) Pretty much every game from here on will have BCA protection, which will lead to mass clutter in the "usb-loader" directory.
Might be a good idea.

Wiisel said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Oh, you might want to update your sig, too
wink.gif
Ha i did just after my last post well spotted.

Btw ive added the line "home = hbc" to my config (v49a) but it black screens is this due to the new hbc title id? or did i balls up
biggrin.gif
No, it should support the new HBC (it tries to launch JODI and then HAXX if not found). Not sure why it wouldn't work. However, if you're launching from the HBC, home=exit will get you back there in a better way to home=HBC. And you are in the loader when you push home, right? There is no option or ability to change where games themselves return to.

QUOTE(ArangeL @ Dec 3 2009, 12:06 PM)
I think that the directory must be the same like wbfs files "usb:/wbfs/GAMEID_Game Title/GameID.bca" AND "sd:/apps/usbloader/bca". Thanks you, you made a hard/good work.
The first option won't work for WBFS drives. However, oggzee might be convinced to look in the game directory on FAT drives for .bca files, I guess.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is possible, but since we get the channel sound when starting the game, how about trying to get the channel animation in as well? Can it be done?

gannon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Link5084 said:
I'm not sure if this is possible, but since we get the channel sound when starting the game, how about trying to get the channel animation in as well? Can it be done?
AFAIK rendering of the banner animation is still not possible.

Link5084

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also you can't rip too many discs to the hard drive at once right? I ripped Super Paper Mario first and it was ripping like normal, but when I ripped Muramasa, it ripped slowly.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the size of the game I think. A game like Metroid Prime Triology is going to take longer than say Brawl, Corruption (MP 3), Wii Sports (Resort), etc.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Link5084 said:
Also you can't rip too many discs to the hard drive at once right? I ripped Super Paper Mario first and it was ripping like normal, but when I ripped Muramasa, it ripped slowly.
Super Paper Mario is one of the smallest games on the Wii. It's smaller than Wii Sports, IIRC. Consequently, Muramasa is one of the biggest.

Link5084

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Link5084 said:
Super Paper Mario is one of the smallest games on the Wii. It's smaller than Wii Sports, IIRC. Consequently, Muramasa is one of the biggest.

Ah, I see then.

By the way, what is some good music I should put on Configurable USB Loader? What do you guys have for the music background?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying