Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
blueshift3 said:
no it expects it in binary format per oggzee's earlier post... so you need to use a hex editor or something to create the file.

Bloodlust said:
oggzee said:
cfg v49b
cfg49b-fat.dol
cfg49b.dol
(or online update)

Changes:
cfg v49b

* Added BCA dump to file from install menu
(Press + to install and then press 1 to dump BCA)

I found the BCA data for avatar. So do I just create a text file & save it under gameid.bcs? Is it automatically loaded when the game is launched?

I do not know how to use a hex editor. Can someone help me? It's :

0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000050444d43 200e0c0e3b003f3e

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Link5084 said:
Also you can't rip too many discs to the hard drive at once right? I ripped Super Paper Mario first and it was ripping like normal, but when I ripped Muramasa, it ripped slowly.
Super Paper Mario is one of the smallest games on the Wii. It's smaller than Wii Sports, IIRC. Consequently, Muramasa is one of the biggest.

EDIT: Muramasa is 0.62 GB, SPM is 0.4 GB, and Wii Sports is 0.31 GB

...and Wii Play is 0.09 GB
biggrin.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
IxthusTiger said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Link5084 said:
Also you can't rip too many discs to the hard drive at once right? I ripped Super Paper Mario first and it was ripping like normal, but when I ripped Muramasa, it ripped slowly.
Super Paper Mario is one of the smallest games on the Wii. It's smaller than Wii Sports, IIRC. Consequently, Muramasa is one of the biggest.

EDIT: Muramasa is 0.62 GB, SPM is 0.4 GB, and Wii Sports is 0.31 GB

...and Wii Play is 0.09 GB
biggrin.gif
Hmm... I guess my memory is failing me. I thought Muramasa was much bigger. And those must be sizes without the update partitions (I like to install them just in case they are needed by afuture firmware or something).

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
cfg v49b
cfg49b-fat.dol
cfg49b.dol
(or online update)

Great Job Oggzee,

thanks from all the cfg-fat users...

Just two cents ideas:

1) I saw the new support to GAMEID.wip and GAMEID.bca files. Let me suggest you to evaluate the opportunity to locate these files either in "usb:/wbfs/GAMEID_Game Title/" folder or in "sd:/usb-loader/wip/" and "sd:/usb-loader/bca/" ones

2) I saw a great interest in the use of "usb:/wbfs/GAMEID_Game Title/" folders, but in wbfs_file this is just an option (that is -d) . How about making this choice as the default and letting the flat disposition be an option?

Thanks again, it has been a wonderful gift for me to see this new revolution just back home after my trip in Chicago...

Cambo

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
james4204 said:
are we going to get BCA download like the covers download??

same question. can we just get it online? so that if the game does not work, a BCA download will be the next option.

can a return to CONFIGURABLE USB LOADER button be possible after playing a game? i know this can be done by autobooting the software by preloader? but how about when you want to use wiiware , vc games or even dvds? its a hassle to configure preloader everytime.

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Link5084 said:

Muramasa is far from being one of the biggest Wii games it's only 630MB And that's only 220MB more than super paper mario which is 410MB furthermore Wii sports is in fact smaller than super paper mario as it's only 330MB

The 2 biggest Wii games are MPT and brawl at 7.45GB & 6.95GB respectively

In short pretty much everything you said was wrong

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
The-Magician said:
The ntsc version of the avatar game runs flawless in cfg. Doesn't need an bca. So probably the pal version was a bad dump.
Good to hear - I was worried that Dumping Biological Control Agents must surely be bad for health and the environment.
moogle.gif

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm writing some code now to convert between the old and new storage conventions for WBFS files. I was wondering, if someone wanted to convert from the new style (folders) back to the old style (file+txt), what should happen to any files inside the folder? It might be necessary for people to do this for compatibility with other loaders or whatever.

One idea would be to store the bca, wip files etc. in folders inside the wbfs folder.

with the old style..
usb:/wbfs/id.wbfs
usb:/wbfs/id_title.txt
usb:/wbfs/bca/id.bca
usb:/wbfs/wip/id.wip
usb:/wbfs/covers/id.png

and with new style, just store any needed files with the .wbfs.
usb:/wbfs/id_title/id.wbfs
usb:/wbfs/id_title/id.bca
usb:/wbfs/id_title/id.png

Have you decided on the final layout for the files? I'd like to know where to put them.
smile.gif

Cheers.

HemiSync

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
fhlaskdhfjh said:
Here are a few games that Configurable USB Loader will load when on a WBFS partition but not a FAT32 partition: The Simpsons Game, Rogue Trooper: The Quartz Zone Massacre, Spyborgs, and Hot Wheels Battle Force 5. When they are on a FAT32 partition it trys to load them but it doesn't even get to the "Loading...." part.
I don't have any of these, can someone confirm?
Does it make any difference if you use v48 or v49a ?
Can you try to do a disk check on windows and maybe delete and reinstall one of those games?
Are you installing from dvd inside the loader or converting an iso to .wbfs file?
I put The Simpson's game (NTSC) on and it works fine with 49b fat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!