Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
@all FAT users:

The new WWT may create now splitted WBFS in the format used my CFG Loader. The are two tools/commands:
  • iso2wbfs: An easy tool the accept any ISO and WDF-ISO as input. It creates the needed WBFS files without the need of any options.
    Example:
    Code:
    iso2wdf *.iso *.wdf -d dest_dir
  • wit COPY: A powerful command. It may read from WBFS, WDF and ISO. It may scan directories recursively for such ISO files. It can split, scrub and convert.
    Examples:
    Code:
    # convert all ISO (including that in WBFS files) from the current
    # directory to a splitted WBFS. Store the result to 'dest_dir':
    wit copy . dest_dir --wbfs --split
    # or with short option
    wit copy . dest_dir -By

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Wiimm said:
@all FAT users:

The new WWT may create now splitted WBFS in the format used my CFG Loader.

Thanks a lot from the FAT users...

just one question: is there also a MacOSX version of your app or it is just a windows one?

Thanks again

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
cambric said:
Wiimm said:
@all FAT users:

The new WWT may create now splitted WBFS in the format used my CFG Loader.

Thanks a lot from the FAT users...

just one question: is there also a MacOSX version of your app or it is just a windows one?

Thanks again
Linux and cygwin. And mousex has compiled some prior version for mac os. Or checkout the source and "make".

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been out of the loop for the last 50 pages... Just started reading back up on it, and noticed we can now launch .wbfs games from a fat partition... I know that on a wbfs partition you can only have a max of 500 titles... Are there similar downsides to having a fat partition? Anyone mind a quick education of the pros and cons?
smile.gif

Thanks in advance!
-Erik

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pros-
No more reseved wbfs space that you might never use.
None of that partitioning stuff.
Easier to move games on and off the drive.

Cons-
Must use IOS 222/223.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
OtakuGamerZ said:
Pros-
No more reseved wbfs space that you might never use.
None of that partitioning stuff.
Easier to move games on and off the drive.

Cons-
Must use IOS 222/223.
Still need to convert ISOs with App
Slower loading of the game itself (due Hermes cIOS)

and
QUOTE(cambric @ Nov 6 2009, 07:31 PM) Thanks a lot from the FAT users...
rofl2.gif

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently changed from WBFS to FAT and i have not noticed any difference in the loading times at all. Dont know if the 500 game limit still applies tho....would be good to find out tho, does anyone out there know for definate?

Urawuzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks Clipper for the answer on Simple mode!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forwarder-Channel for Configurable USB Loader powered by Narolez' NForwarder v17 gives me trouble, when using a Kingston 16Gb SDHC card.
CUL refuses to load and reboots to the system menu. The problem does not exist when using a 2GB SD card.

However when loading CUL from the HBC (1.06) CUL loads just fine and everything works perfect.

Too bad is I have to start CUL through HBC every time.
Is there another forwarder to try ( (Universal) Forwarder Channel?) or do all use the same code?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: The (Universal) Forwarder Channel give the words on a black screen: "could not open file, press any button to reset wii"

Hmm I guess I'm stuck with launching through HBC for CUL

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Blue-K said:
Cons-

Has anyone done any real benchmarking in that regard?
Because I did check briefly the speed difference and to me it looked the same.

jameswm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I noted that some games are taking longer to load with fat32, but the gameplay was affected only in GH3 for me. There is a little lag between the notes, but the music keeps synchronized.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
oggzee said:
Blue-K said:
Cons-

Because I did check briefly the speed difference and to me it looked the same.
Yeah, I meant the launching of the game itself...in the game, the Loading times are as fast as with Wanin's one, but IOS249 simply boots the game faster (I guess due that the main work in Hermes cIOS isn't done by the cIOS, but by the Loader). Just a little Info, not more...sorry for that
frown.gif

Teivin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Blue-K said:
Cons-

I decided to do a quick test. Both times using the same Sandisk cruzer 8gb USB drive.

Ripped my own copies of Chocobo's Dungeon and Dragon Quest swords to ISO. Loaded both using the old fashioned method (Using WBFS manager 3.0)

Ran as expected.

Formated USB drive (FAT32) and converted both ISOs to .wbfs using the wbfs_file_1.3 app (Drag and dropped the ISO onto the EXE)

Resulting in one single wbfs for Chocobo's Dungeon and a split wbfs for Dragon Quest Swords.

Changed from the normal 46 to the modded 46 for FAT offered on the first post.

Dragon Quest Swords was immediately noticeable as a slower load (Normally loaded in 1 1/2 of the 'Now loading...' things, now took about two) and the music would occasionally skip while running around.

Chocobo's Dungeon took a good deal longer to load. About a third longer, perhaps.

Modified nothing b ut changing the boot.dol from the non-fat default to the fat-default one.

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a small program for viewing the wbfs files in fat32 in a more organized way. Before you yell at me, it is nothing special, it is a very simple program I made so I don't have 900 files to look at.

This will simply read the files in your \wbfs directory and add them to a list and display pertinent information. It will tell you if the associated text file for a game is missing and that's about it for now.

It is written in vb2008 and requires .NET 3.5 because it's the only programming language I know(sorry)

If you want other features, pm me and I'll try to add what I can

Check it out here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9VAJ6LH1

Thanks Oggzee for a great loader, Hope this contributes in some small way to your work

(I may add options in this to use as a frontend for wbfs_file if anyone is interested)

Note: This program assumes that your games are located in :\wbfs, if you attempt to open files from another location the program will crash with an unhandled exception. This will be fixed later.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Teivin said:
I decided to do a quick test. Both times using the same Sandisk cruzer 8gb USB drive.
[...]
Chocobo's Dungeon took a good deal longer to load. About a third longer, perhaps.
Modified nothing b ut changing the boot.dol from the non-fat default to the fat-default one.
Thanks for the report, although this doesn't tell us if the slowest performance is because of ios222 or fat. A good test would be to compare ios249 wbfs vs ios222 wbfs vs ios222 fat. Another thing to consider here is also that the usb thumb drive or key or whatever those small things are called are notably slower than real hdds. I guess I haven't noticed a speed difference because the drive is fast enough. This calls for more accurate benchmarking
smile.gif

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Oggzee,

I noticed a small problem with wbfs_file 1.3

If the game title has a ? in it it will extract the file from a wbfs partition to a wbfs file, once it is a wbfs file it cannot be converted back to iso or create an associated text info file for it.

If I hexedit the offending ? from the title it will then extract to iso. Not sure if there are any other offending characters, I assume it is because windows cannot use the ? in a filename

If this is not clear enough, lemme know and Ill try to clarify it further.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pccfatman said:
I noticed a small problem with wbfs_file 1.3
If the game title has a ? in it it will extract the file from a wbfs partition to a wbfs file, once it is a wbfs file it cannot be converted back to iso or create an associated text info file for it.
If I hexedit the offending ? from the title it will then extract to iso. Not sure if there are any other offending characters, I assume it is because windows cannot use the ? in a filename
If this is not clear enough, lemme know and Ill try to clarify it further.
it's clear, i'll fix this tomorrow.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
AllWiidUp said:
Where is the source code for the ehcmodule_fat? Since it is based on hermes 3.1 source code which is gpl.
I think we went through that before. As I said I don't care about GPL, so sue me. You can take that same argument to waninkoko for not releasing his cios, it's also filled with GPLd code. Now what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1