Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
laurozza said:
is it possible to enter in the homebrew channel when you exit the loader, without loading it?
Yes. Set "home=exit" in config.txt.
I explained myself wrong. The problem is that i load the Cfg Loder as autoboot with preloader. So if i try to exit to Homebrew Channel the loader give a code dumps(obviously, because the Homebrew Channel is not use to boot the loader). Is possible to exit to homebrew channel even if it is not used to boot the loader(without changing the "return to" option in preloader)?

Sorry for my bad english.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
stingray1059 said:
is there a way for the usb loader to download the main cover only?

i got errors on full covers and disk covers when using wifi.
Write this into your contig.txt:

download_all_styles = 1, 0 (By default, all cover styles (flat, 3d, disc art and full) will be downloaded for each game. Change this setting to 0 to only download the cover that is currently set by cover_style.)

Many more options here: http://gwht.wikidot.com/configurable-options

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When you only have the flat frontcover and you want to create a 3D cover?
use Stylebuilder:

Download this version:

Tutorial to Create 3D Box Styled Wii Covers
-------------------------------------------
unpack at C: (root)
1) Open StyleBuilder
2) File->Open, select "WiiFrontOnly.xml" style
3) Click "Choose Input" button on the top left side
4) Browse for and select the WII flat DVD cover to transform
5) Click "Do Transform" to perform the transformation
6) Click "Save Output" button on the bottom left side
7) Enter the name of the file to save the PNG output

Wii flat frontcover to 3d

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
milcoi said:
When you only have the flat frontcover and you want to create a 3D cover?
use Stylebuilder:

Download this version:

Tutorial to Create 3D Box Styled Wii Covers
-------------------------------------------
unpack at C: (root)
1) Open StyleBuilder
2) File->Open, select "WiiFrontOnly.xml" style
3) Click "Choose Input" button on the top left side
4) Browse for and select the WII flat DVD cover to transform
5) Click "Do Transform" to perform the transformation
6) Click "Save Output" button on the bottom left side
7) Enter the name of the file to save the PNG output

Wii flat frontcover to 3d

Thanks I was looking forward a tool like this (I'have a few GH customs flat covers but I was missing 3d covers) !
You saved my day.

I had to edit WiiFrontOnly.xml file to make it work (remove the input path).

KyZiX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see just one thing implemented. I've acquired alot of games and even though it is SO much easier to load them now without swapping discs... is it at all possible to have multiple favorites, like favorite set 1 for my wife (exorcise stuff and a few games) and a favorite set 2 (for the games that the kids play).

We have more kids games (unfortunately for the wife) and it would make searching through them easy.

Press "2" to cycle through favorite sets
set1 sports fitness
set2 kids
set3 action
set4 driving/racing

I dunno, just a thought.

I love this! Before this came along there was NO WAY that my wife or kids would try and load a game through a menu. I ended up with some scratched and unplayable discs
frown.gif

I also love the configurator for the configurable USB loader. How freakin easy?!?!

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Is possible to fix the Metroid Prime Trilogy bug?
As all know, if you try to load a game normally, the Wii automatically reboot it.
The workaround solution is using alt dols, but this lose the "magic" of choosing the games with the game menu.
And also, this have some problems, like automatically change the resolution to 480i if you have 480p.

Profezza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aabbccdd said:
HemiSync said:
aabbccdd said:
A quote monster, but what can you do. HBC loading would be great, that's one of the things why I use USB Loader GX over others, don't have to exit back to system menu and select HBC if I want to boot homebrew. That also eliminates the need for a DVD player, I can select Mplayer from the HBC menu.
One of the reasons I quit using GX was because it was getting bloated with unnecessary stuff, some of it causing more problems than it was worth. It is only two button presses max to go from CFG to HBC.

There is some real strengths in the KISS philosophy of programming. Keep It Simple Stupid. This is the best loader out there now and I would far rather see them working on tweaks to make it even stronger in its core applications, than to see them wasting time rebuilding the whole app so it can become the next Windows Vista of USB Loaders.
wink.gif

Actually, 3 button presses. Home > HBC > Start channel
wink.gif
Anyway, everyone to his own.

Actually, add some pluses to that, too, not everyone has HBC and Loader on the same page.

Profezza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
See response in bold:

Profezza said:
Configurable has steadily become *the* loader. I started using it b/c it had the options required to make rock band and such work...
  • An on-screen clock
    Don't really see the need
  • changeable, scalable font(s)
    Already have it. Use WiiBuilder to create the fonts.
  • file locking, so that manually corrected images (RR2) or code lists (AC:LGttC) don't get updated with bad stuffs, or a local-preferred mode, like the stuff with titles.txt
  • an in-loader configuration
    This loader has too many options as it is.
    tongue.gif
    I don't see the new settings screens having much more than what is currently there.
  • start loader on last game selected
    This is a valid request
  • screensaver-like random game art flipper mode after xx minutes untouched (in graphicy modes), screen dimmer after yy minutes
    This is a valid request
  • the artist and track tag info at the beginning/end of songs
  • a metadata field that could show the age rating, metacritic score, genre, custom text, description, or something like that, could be internet-magicified?
    WiiTDB support is on the list
  • custom image load on game highlight (like a translucent bacground overlaid screenshot or GIANT background coverart when the game is in under the cursor, with transitions)
  • an option where the default controller is held like Super Paper Mario, (NES style) ...then it can go back to pointer mode on the fly if it sees the sensor bar, and 1 & 2 mimic A & B
  • analog scroll speed control with the 'chuk or the CC's sticks
  • disc loader, HBC loader, Channel loaders (like each was a game box)
    smile.gif

Don't see the need for HBC loading
  • DVD player (from the same slot as the disc loader)
    Use MPlayer

Well, the point of a clock is to tell the time! In all seriousness, I fail to see the 'need' of themes, the 5 3d modes, the changeable fonts, or anything aside from the options that improve game compatibility, etc., HOWEVER they are really nice! Most of the parts replied to above with 'don't see the need' come from the idea that CUSBL has, to some degree, started to replace the system menu: It provides fast access to a large portion of the Wii's functionality, and is a pleasant, stable and useful environment to leave running between games.

However leaving it on between games makes one do without certain features of the original System Menu, such as clock. And exiting is required to access more wii tools.

Additionally, since the Loader gives immediate access to "the place with all the games to do stuffs" adds a layer of complexity to the Noobs (wife, neighbor, kinds etc.). The wife for example, cannot comprehend why wiiware, an iso image, dvd, a actual disc and a vc (from SD) have several steps, clicks, areas and a possible reboot between them. And, really, I don't think she is too far out think the flow could be streamlined somewhat. I'm not sure how much of that is technically possible though.

To the Keep it Simple, Silly philosophy, I generally agree. But, Configurable is in first word in the name, and all those things are just ideas, options that could be turned off... I like to think of K.I.S.S. as the way to build a strong foundation, but then I am not a coder, really, and I'm still tickled with the app like it was at v.38
wink.gif
Its all gravy from here out.

p.s. the mp3 track info is because people keep asking what the songs are whn they come over, but honestly, all the stuff from Final Fantasy is starting to sound the same...

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Profezza said:
To the Keep it Simple, Silly philosophy, I generally agree. But, Configurable is in first word in the name, and all those things are just ideas, options that could be turned off... I like to think of K.I.S.S. as the way to build a strong foundation, but then I am not a coder, really, and I'm still tickled with the app like it was at v.38
wink.gif
Its all gravy from here out.

My responses weren't flat out rejections, they were more to see if they'd invoke a clarification response - which they did. And thanks for that. Who knows, you may see some of these in future releases.

Adding new features really depends on:
a. if I (or oggzee) really want it
b. if it's going to be fun to code
c. if we're tired of people nagging about it.
smile.gif

I tend to work on most of the "gravy" because that's usually the most fun to code.
biggrin.gif

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi usptactical,

Would it be possible to have the save game option not to grey out the options that it save ?
Just so that if I need to make a quick change for that one time.

Thanks!

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
steve-p said:
"home=reboot"

That will either send him to the Wii Menu or straight back into Configurable, depending if Preloader sees that type of reboot or not.
Exactly.
I think the only way to load the Homebrew Channel on exit, in this case, is to add this as a new feature of the loader.
If usptactical or oggzee want. I hope so.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KyZiX said:
SO... whats the opinion on my suggestion? "Don't really see the need"?

Something like this would be done after the WiiTDB integration.

duy64 said:
Hi usptactical,

Would it be possible to have the save game option not to grey out the options that it save ?
Just so that if I need to make a quick change for that one time.

I'll have to ask oggzee about this when he returns. I'm not sure of the original reasoning for the way it currently functions.

QUOTE(Mr Esteves @ Aug 27 2009, 01:58 PM)
Does this loader support brawl plus or it has the number of code lines limitation?

If you mean GeckoOS 1.9.2, no it doesn't. It has the line limitation of whatever it is.

deanq4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to organize the games better?

It would be nice to have them in genre's to go through. Like a folder with the games in them. Otherwise I end up with like 100 to scroll through and find a dozen sports games.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
deanq4 said:
Is there a way to organize the games better?

It would be nice to have them in genre's to go through. Like a folder with the games in them. Otherwise I end up with like 100 to scroll through and find a dozen sports games.

Use the "pref_game" option in config.txt and you can order the games in whatever way you want. The format is:
pref_game= GAME_ID1, GAME_ID2, GAME_ID3, ....
where GAME_IDs are the 4 digit codes for the game. It's not perfect, but you would just need to scroll until you find the genre you want, then pick the game.

Also, favorites allow you to pick out one particular set of games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro