Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
thiagofera said:
how do i show the disk image?
"cover_style=disc" in theme.txt.

Note that this will change the art style of the menu mode and gridflow GUI modes. You can only see both covers and discs when using one of the coverflow GUI modes.

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uggh, Trying to get the loader to completely run from the USB drive and not have a SD card. I have 2 primary partitions. First one is a Fat32, the second is WBFS for games. I have my games installed and can play them fine. I can copy my files, covers, etc to my fat32 partition using my computer. However, if I load the homebrew channel, the channel only tries to read from the card. Since it can't find one, I just have a blue screen.

What am I missing??? Why won't the homebrew channel find my apps folder on my USB drive??? Anyone else have this problem??

Thanks

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Dochog said:
Uggh, Trying to get the loader to completely run from the USB drive and not have a SD card. I have 2 primary partitions. First one is a Fat32, the second is WBFS for games. I have my games installed and can play them fine. I can copy my files, covers, etc to my fat32 partition using my computer. However, if I load the homebrew channel, the channel only tries to read from the card. Since it can't find one, I just have a blue screen.

What am I missing??? Why won't the homebrew channel find my apps folder on my USB drive??? Anyone else have this problem??

Thanks
Try using diskmgmt.msc on a Windows system to mark your FAT partition as active. That helps some people. Also, try using Narolez' forwarder from the first post. It may have better luck finding the files than the HBC.

badukibaduki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dochog said:

Thanks

I had same problem but solved it with WBFS as the 1st partition and Fat32 as the 2nd and make it "active"

badukibaduki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and for my question...

US wii, cfg41, ios249, mload222/223(all 4 options) installed, running game from usb.

now I run games fine with just default settings from cfg. using 249.
but have one game "active sports" giving me problem.
no matter what combinations of ios 249,222,223 with oo2 fix on/off...nothing works and
just black screen with no connection of the remote.

But...using hermes usbloader2.8D WORKS! 249,222,223 all works! how is this possible???

cfg is corrupted somehow? reinstall it? or 41 has some issues? (i haven't yet to go back to
previous versions to try this)

I checked "ios signcheck" and I have 26 total and
shows..
ios222(rev3)
trucha bug: enabled
Flash access: enabled
Boot2 access: disabled
usb 2.0 ios tree: disabled

as well as 223...

but if usbloader 2.8D works...meaning ios are installed correct and working......

what can I try to make sports active work? I've searched with no avail answer...

I love CFG and don't want to use other loaders...I thought 249 would play all games..
but this problem is forcing me to use 222/223...but how did 249 from usbloader2.8d work?
very curious....maybe the game runs with 249 but just not with CFG?
I did consider gx...but maybe the last resort.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to put in a suggestion for next version concerning alternate .dol loading.
Could you make it so that you could load multiple alt dols (not at same time) ie R3ME01.dol, R3ME02.dol...
And when you start to boot the game it asks which one to boot?

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OneUp said:
I'd like to put in a suggestion for next version concerning alternate .dol loading.
Could you make it so that you could load multiple alt dols (not at same time) ie R3ME01.dol, R3ME02.dol...
And when you start to boot the game it asks which one to boot?

It already does have that option just select load from disc in the alt dol option

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OneUp said:
Oh, didn't know about that, thanks.
It should be noted that this was not exactly what you were defining, but what the disc option does is search the disc image of the game already on your WBFS partition and finds all the available .dols, then gives a choice of which one to start with.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
please help me out with my 2 problems..

1. when i open up my usb loader, it shows "no images" but when i choose another view or when i press down 2 times, the images are there. is there a procedure where all game covers will show in diffretn views?

2. my usb mic or other usb instruments doesnt work when using usb loaders.. i tried that HERMES IOS thingy but i still doenst work.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
stingray1059 said:

1. when i open up my usb loader, it shows "no images" but when i choose another view or when i press down 2 times, the images are there. is there a procedure where all game covers will show in diffretn views?

2. my usb mic or other usb instruments doesnt work when using usb loaders.. i tried that HERMES IOS thingy but i still doenst work.

1. What's "another view"? Hitting down two times seems to indicate you are getting full covers OK in the coverflow GUI modes, but not whatever cover is set in your cover_style (for the menu and gridflow GUI modes). Pushing 1 twice to get to the global options and going to download all covers then pushing D-pad right should download those missing covers for you. If you are getting covers on your own, you need to set the "cover_style" option to the type you want (standard for flat, 3D for fake 3D covers or disc for disc art) and set the "cover_path_2d", "cover_path_3d" or "cover_path_disc" option to point to wherever you stored the appropriate images.

2. You need Hermes' IOS to be merged with IOS37. However, rev 14 of cIOS38 should also work with mics.

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Just black
New_icons_17.gif

(incl. overlay's)

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
stingray1059 said:

1. What's "another view"? Hitting down two times seems to indicate you are getting full covers OK in the coverflow GUI modes, but not whatever cover is set in your cover_style (for the menu and gridflow GUI modes). Pushing 1 twice to get to the global options and going to download all covers then pushing D-pad right should download those missing covers for you. If you are getting covers on your own, you need to set the "cover_style" option to the type you want (standard for flat, 3D for fake 3D covers or disc for disc art) and set the "cover_path_2d", "cover_path_3d" or "cover_path_disc" option to point to wherever you stored the appropriate images.

2. You need Hermes' IOS to be merged with IOS37. However, rev 14 of cIOS38 should also work with mics.

thanks.. how can i edit my cover_style option? yes you are right. my covers work with coverflow... but when i change the view styles, the covers is not showing.
is rev14 safe? i tried the hermes IOS but still doesnt work with mics.. but in dvd mode my mic is working.

does the drums and guitar for guitar hero ps3/xbox can work for the wii?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
stingray1059 said:
thanks.. how can i edit my cover_style option? yes you are right. my covers work with coverflow... but when i change the view styles, the covers is not showing.
is rev14 safe? i tried the hermes IOS but still doesnt work with mics.. but in dvd mode my mic is working.

does the drums and guitar for guitar hero ps3/xbox can work for the wii?
Use the Configurable USB Loader Configurator to set the options you want and save a config.txt, or you could just write them out in a text file the old way too. Then, put that file in your sd:/usb-loader directory (or wherever the "covers" subdirectory that you already have resides).

You need to have installed IOS222/223 with the "IOS36 merged with IOS37" option to get them to work with the instruments. Reinstall one of them and choose that option. And yes, rev 14 is safe and has the best compatibility of any IOS right now. Use my tutorial to upgrade either your IOS249 (rev 14) or IOS222/223.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
You need to have installed IOS222/223 with the "IOS36 merged with IOS37" option to get them to work with the instruments. Reinstall one of them and choose that option. And yes, rev 14 is safe and has the best compatibility of any IOS right now. Use my tutorial to upgrade either your IOS249 (rev 14) or IOS222/223.

is it working on 4.1U?

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Possible to make in next release: "Cover reflection" like you see in Gui but then also cover reflection for 3d, disk and flat ?
With a on off option in the theme.txt

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
milcoi said:
Possible to make in next release: "Cover reflection" like you see in Gui but then also cover reflection for 3d, disk and flat ?
With a on off option in the theme.txt

I assume you mean in console mode? Yes it's possible, but it might not be in the next release.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place