ÂÂ (now AA and 000000AA are different)
- Added gui_text2_* options for text on darkened background in coverflow mode
ÂÂ (faded background or reflections)
- Center title in gridflow modes
- Adjusted title position in gui for overscan
- Added option: gui_title_top = [0], 1
- Fixed sometimes unreadable text
* Added option: gui_lock = [0], 1
ÂÂ (locks gui style changes with up/down buttons)
* Increase max title length in titles.txt to 64
* url tag CC=ZH For W region game id (Taiwan)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oggzee, did you read my post about memalign?

Using:
void *allocate_memory(u32 size)
{
return memalign(32, (size+31)&(~31) );
}

instead of memalign and malloc, fixed the weirdest excetions for me, and seems to fix some exceptions in GX. (but i think it's possible they would get rid of all excetptions if they replaced the memaligns and mallocs consequently)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Great Update. The reflections do look a lot better know that the boxes aren't see through. New title limit seems to be working perfectly too.

Looks like I have lots of changes to make to my tutorial page... but that'll have to wait until morning.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:

Using:
{
}
instead of memalign and malloc, fixed the weirdest excetions for me, and seems to fix some exceptions in GX. (but i think it's possible they would get rid of all excetptions if they replaced the memaligns and mallocs consequently)

I have read that and I will use it.
Although, at the moment there are no known to me exceptions and crashes in cfg loader.
wink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok good to hear, i was just going crazy when i had the following situation:

allocate buffer1, free buffer1, allocate buffer2, allocate buffer3, allocate buffer4 fails(return NULL), free buffer2 ok, free buffer3 exception

and if i skipped free buffer1, no exception.

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
since v37, don't recognize the sdhc card with the second wbfs partition.

OGG,when fix it.

thank you.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
kavid said:
since v37? don't recognize the sdhc card with the second wbfs partition.
OGG,when fix it.
thank you.
Are we sure that wasn't caused by some cIOS upgrade?
Can you re-try with cfg36 and cfg35 and let me know if it works with those?
Does using ios249 or ios222 makes any difference?
And what doesn't work, running games, or even showing the list of them on a sdhc card?

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
WiiPower said:

Using:
{
}

I have read that and I will use it.
Although, at the moment there are no known to me exceptions and crashes in cfg loader.
wink.gif

I got occasional lag (for about 3 seconds) in WiiSports Resort. Can it be fixed by this ?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Dr. Clipper said:
@oggzee, usptactical...

Did something get changed with IOS222/223 support since the incompatibility was noticed? I was testing it out to check for myself and found that v3 works as long as you don't include the ehcmodule.elf. I thought neither the new IOSes nor new ehcmodule worked, but now I'm just confused.

Nothing has changed, it seems old ehcmodule still works with the new cios222.
What was broken for a while in one of the betas (37b?) was FAT partition support under cios222, that happened at about the same time that the new cios222 rev3 came out, so we quickly concluded at that time that cios222v3 had no backward compatibility at all.
However, I personally haven't yet tested the cios222v3, so this is all based on the users reports.

Using v38 release (I have yet to update to 39b) I can also confirm that the new cios222/223 v3 works perfectly. Actually, it works really great...great enough for me to edit USBLoaderCFG's config to make it the default cIOS
smile.gif

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Species8472 said:
Here's the Powerglove pointer I've been using.
Pointer -->
pointer.png

I knew I saw a powerglove in a screenshot on here somewhere. You might want to resize the canvas on that image. The pointer's center coord is taken from the image center, which is about on the wrist area in this image.

pcfree

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
oggzee said:
kavid said:
since v37? don't recognize the sdhc card with the second wbfs partition.
OGG,when fix it.
thank you.
Are we sure that wasn't caused by some cIOS upgrade?
Can you re-try with cfg36 and cfg35 and let me know if it works with those?
Does using ios249 or ios222 makes any difference?
And what doesn't work, running games, or even showing the list of them on a sdhc card?

I've encountered the same problem that the 2nd wbfs partition on SDHC doesn't work. I am using cIOS249 rev10. The cfg24/27/29/35/36d all work fine, but cfg37/38 fail (usb OK, fail only on SDHC). It's OK to show list on SDHC. However, while loading games, I got the following message: "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn the Power off. Please read the Wii Operation Manual for more information."

It seems that some code in cfg37 and later shut down the SDHC to cause disc (from wbfs) read error?!

BTW, I haven't installed cios222 to try it yet.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pcfree said:

Try it and see what happens...you cannot do any harm. Try the latest v3 of cIOS222 (install as default) and let us know what happens.

pcfree

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
zektor said:
pcfree said:

Try it and see what happens...you cannot do any harm. Try the latest v3 of cIOS222 (install as default) and let us know what happens.

Just tried cios222 installer from uloader 2.8D but cannot get useful results. I have already known that my Transcend 16GB SDHC has poor compatibility with BootMii, HBC 1.0.3 (so I am using HBC 1.0.1), and cIOS249 rev14 (so I keep using rev10). The cIOS222 based on IOS36 with cfg36d/38 both got the same result as cIOS249 rev14 that FAT32 mounted but WBFS with 30 secs timeout. The cIOS223 based on IOS60+IOS36 with cfg36d/38 was even worse with none of FAT32 mount and also 30 secs timeout for WBFS.

My SDHC has serious compatible issues with cios222 and cannot try core differences for cfg36d and 38.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get games with more than 256 lines of Ocarina codes working in the newest release. I tried CIOS249 rev.10 and CIOS222-mload and used Gecko Cheat Code Manager 1.2 to generate the GCT files. Do I need to get CIOS249 rev.14 or am I missing something else?

dekani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
pcfree said:
Just tried cios222 installer from uloader 2.8D but cannot get useful results. I have already known that my Transcend 16GB SDHC has poor compatibility with BootMii, HBC 1.0.3 (so I am using HBC 1.0.1), and cIOS249 rev14 (so I keep using rev10). The cIOS222 based on IOS36 with cfg36d/38 both got the same result as cIOS249 rev14 that FAT32 mounted but WBFS with 30 secs timeout. The cIOS223 based on IOS60+IOS36 with cfg36d/38 was even worse with none of FAT32 mount and also 30 secs timeout for WBFS.
I have the same error as yours using a Sandisk Ultra II 16Gb and versions after 36d.
For me, no others compatibility problems (the card is correctly seen and used by BootMii - dumping nand - and HBC)
With Rev14, the wfbs partition isn't seen. I have just tested IOS222 with no more success.
I'm actually using IOS38rev13b and cfg36d.

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
I can't seem to get games with more than 256 lines of Ocarina codes working in the newest release. I tried CIOS249 rev.10 and CIOS222-mload and used Gecko Cheat Code Manager 1.2 to generate the GCT files. Do I need to get CIOS249 rev.14 or am I missing something else?

So far that's the limit to code files for all USB loaders. It's a limitation in ocarina, which all usb loaders use. With the gecko os source out that should be fixed sometime soon. For now there's not much you can do except wait or load from a disc with gecko os.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
dekani said:
I have the same error as yours using a Sandisk Ultra II 16Gb and versions after 36d.
For me, no others compatibility problems (the card is correctly seen and used by BootMii - dumping nand - and HBC)
With Rev14, the wfbs partition isn't seen. I have just tested IOS222 with no more success.
I'm actually using IOS38rev13b and cfg36d.
Ok, I see that now, will fix it.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz