WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:
WiiPower said:
@oggzee:
About that monster hunter game, i finally got useful information.

With cIOS55 installed, but started with IOS249, it runs with glitches and crashes at the 1st menu option, while it works, when started with IOS55.

My conclusion, this is one of the very very very few moments when you can tell that the game requires that IOS. Now if we would get the info which of the IOS222/3 exactly works, and how that is created, we might be able to do anything.
Interesting. Now, can I assume that cIOS55 is installed by Waninkoko's 4.0/4.1 updaters? If I'm correct here, I'm glad I've never touched them. Waninkoko's updaters would do more harm than good and you should just use the official updater from Nintendo to go to 4.1 (there is no harm in this to non-pirates, apart from maybe needing to reinstall HBC and IOS249, both of which are a snap now). If I'm wrong, then nevermind
tongue.gif

What the ?

You don't seem to understand anything about this.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
What the ?

Sorry. I guess my assumption was wrong then?

You said it fails when cIOS55 is used and works with the proper IOS55, and I know that Waninkoko's updaters install updates of the recent IOSes with hacks to keep piracy homebrew going, so those updaters installing a custom IOS55 seemed to be a logical step. Anyway, as I said, if the assumption was wrong, then nevermind.

Edit: Ah, I see what made me miss this assumption now. When you said:
WiiPowerWith cIOS55 installed, but started with IOS249, it runs with glitches and crashes at the 1st menu option, while it works, when started with IOS55.
I thought you meant that starting with IOS249 with IOS55 installed made it work. You were actually stating that just starting it with IOS55 without using IOS249 at all does work, is that right?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lol i forgot one "c" or telling twice that cIOS55 is installed. With cIOS55 installed and IOS55 selected it works in SoftChip, but i thought that was clear, since IOS55 == cIOS55 if you installed that.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Lol i forgot one "c" or telling twice that cIOS55 is installed. With cIOS55 installed and IOS55 selected it works in SoftChip, but i thought that was clear, since IOS55 == cIOS55 if you installed that.
Looks like we we're both guilty of jumping to conclusions. In any case, I'll go back and edit out that misinformation in my post now.

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
WiiPower said:
Dr. Clipper said:
WiiPower said:
@oggzee:
About that monster hunter game, i finally got useful information.

With cIOS55 installed, but started with IOS249, it runs with glitches and crashes at the 1st menu option, while it works, when started with IOS55.

My conclusion, this is one of the very very very few moments when you can tell that the game requires that IOS. Now if we would get the info which of the IOS222/3 exactly works, and how that is created, we might be able to do anything.
Interesting. Now, can I assume that cIOS55 is installed by Waninkoko's 4.0/4.1 updaters? If I'm correct here, I'm glad I've never touched them. Waninkoko's updaters would do more harm than good and you should just use the official updater from Nintendo to go to 4.1 (there is no harm in this to non-pirates, apart from maybe needing to reinstall HBC and IOS249, both of which are a snap now). If I'm wrong, then nevermind
tongue.gif

What the ?

ios223 ,vidtv 0n ,language japanese.

but, v38 can likely recogniaze the sdhc card with the second wbfs partition

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Painguy said:
nice job. i was just wondering. if in the next version u could add anti aliasing to the 3d models.
And here we have a usefull fact for you: The Wii can't do Anti-Aliasing. The Wii simply can't, no way around. So forget this....

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
Painguy said:
nice job. i was just wondering. if in the next version u could add anti aliasing to the 3d models.
And here we have a usefull fact for you: The Wii can't do Anti-Aliasing. The Wii simply can't, no way around. So forget this....

Wow, Nintendo removed that free AA from flipper chip?

Anyways... Hiberns wiiflow demo does a good job in "hiding/minimizing" the jaggies compared to cfg loader (imho), I wonder what he did....

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
PNo4 said:
Blue-K said:
Painguy said:

Wow, Nintendo removed that free AA from flipper chip?

Anyways... Hiberns wiiflow demo does a good job in "hiding/minimizing" the jaggies compared to cfg loader (imho), I wonder what he did....
Yup, looks like they did
tongue.gif
:

(I probably could find more...). Anyways, your right, Hiberns one does a pretty good job there, but if Hibern won't release the Source, we'll never know...and it doesn't looks good right now...

@Topic: Is there any progress on the new GeckoOS Cheatcode handler? Not rushing, just realy looking forward to that
biggrin.gif

theman060606

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just getting around to installing this. Very nice release!
I am seeing garbled text where the game title should be on the "cover flow" view. How can I fix this? I can barely make out the game title by looking closely but something is obviously wrong. I see this garbles text in each of the defualt themes I tried (matrix, wolf, etc). I am using a standard definition TV if that makes any difference. I looked through the config options and I see nothing that would need ot be changed to fix the text. Thanks.

Hibern

Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Anyways, your right, Hiberns one does a pretty good job there, but if Hibern won't release the Source, we'll never know...and it doesn't looks good right now...
Why don't you simply ask me? I won't bite.
This loader (cfg) seems to be the best IMO from a developer's point of view, because it seems to be clean, without all the memory leaks and code dumps seen elsewhere (at least it never had a weird behavior or crashes when i tested it)
And it has every feature ever seen in a USB loader.
So i'd be glad to help if there's anything you'd like to know about wiiflow.
From a user's POV though, i'd complain about the console mode GUI and the flickering on my old TV
smile.gif

Keep it up, it's an excellent project.

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hibern said:
QUOTE said:
Anyways, your right, Hiberns one does a pretty good job there, but if Hibern won't release the Source, we'll never know...and it doesn't looks good right now...
This loader (cfg) seems to be the best IMO from a developer's point of view, because it seems to be clean, without all the memory leaks and code dumps seen elsewhere (at least it never had a weird behavior or crashes when i tested it)
From a user's POV though, i'd complain about the console mode GUI and the flickering on my old TV
smile.gif

Wow, Hibern, it would be awesome if you would help the project of the configurable usb loader.
Your Wiiflow loader is my second loader; I'm just not using it because I get a code dump error when using cheats with SSBB; and because I like the features here more.
Wiiflow got a great GUI, that's true. Best coverflow loader out there!
But, your help would be desired here.
I hope you'll help oggzee and co, if they need your help.
Thanks a lot for your offer, it made me happy to see that you would be ready to help this project.
tongue.gif

Hibern

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Er, cfg loader authors never said they needed me (and they obviously don't), and i never said i wanted to work in team on their project, i don't even want a team on mine. I simply said that i would share anything from wiiflow if it can help to improve this loader and save a little time to it's authors.
That's all.
Why don't you report code dumps to me? Well if it's because of ocarina i admit i wouldn't care much anyway.

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hibern said:
Er, cfg loader authors never said they needed me (and they obviously don't), and i never said i wanted to work in team on their project, i don't even want a team on mine. I simply said that i would share anything from wiiflow if it can help to improve this loader and save a little time to it's authors.
That's all.
Why don't you report code dumps to me? Well if it's because of ocarina i admit i wouldn't care much anyway.
Yep, it seems to be ocarina. In USB Loader GX, I got the same problem.
CLoader is the first loader, that's working with my SSBB cheats.

I know that you won't help us in form of a team, but to give oggzee and co informations of your wiiflow loader is a great offer, of that we could take benefits; thanks.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
I have just tried something... charge snes9x on a iso and for instance loaded with a usbloader...

Looks like something like this...

Sr Corsario

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hibern said:
smile.gif

Thanks for the nice comments, Hibern.
smile.gif

I agree about the console mode GUI. That is the next thing to get a makeover.

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
sr_corsario said:
I have just tried something... charge snes9x on a iso and for instance loaded with a usbloader...

Looks like something like this...

Sr Corsario
That's awesome! - How to put it on a disc?
Do I just have to burn the boot.dol of snes9x on a disc?

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes...

I looked for "EURmultiboot iso" (thats an iso with multiboot in it) and replace the main.dol for snes9x dol. Moreover changed game ID.

It have a "bug" at the moment due to EURmultiboot iso structure. "Opening.bnr" its not at the begining of data structure and for instance iso image its too big (easy to fix probably with partition builder or "by hand")

Any way, it works and its an alternative to install a channel or load aplications from HBC

PD:I suppouse other apps could be loaded at the same way.

Sr Corsario

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: smug sonic time lmao +1