Hacking Configurable USB Loader

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vattu said:
Dr. Clipper said:
This is a problem where your Wii just needs to be on longer before preloader autoboots to the Loader, right? Perhaps you could use BootMii to provide that delay... Set autoboot in BootMii to as many seconds as you need to wake the drive and set it to autoboot to the system menu (which will hence load Preloader, I think). Is that a valid workaround?
You're correct, that's the problem I'm referring to. Setting a delay in bootmii should solve the problem, but not in a nice way. I will stick with that solution until a good usb-delay is implemented in the starting dol.

One strange thing is that I used another usb-loader the same way - and the problem never occured.

thanks for your reply!
I'm also hoping Narolez will send through an updated version but I'm sure he'll get around to it when he gets the time - we tend to forget that these guys also have a life and can't always work on wii stuff. In the interim, I'm using USBLoader GX's forwarder - you can specify the location where you want to boot the dol from (e.g. usb:/apps/usbloader or wherever you have put your cfgloader boot.dol) and that way it will boot cfg usb loader instead. The only problem is you're stuck with the USBLoader GX banner as it boots up Configurable USB Loader - a little bit ironic don't you think ;-)

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
No, sorry. The forwarder does just that, it "forwards" to the boot.dol on the sd card. When you update, it overwrites the boot.dol on the SD card with the newer version, and the forwarder in turn reads the new boot.dol.

The channel on the other hand has the latest (as of right now) boot.dol inside of it, and it installs to the NAND of the Wii. No way to update it from where it resides.

was hoping that you can make it an upgradeable channel, the Loader GX has the Channel upgradeable version

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
zektor said:
No, sorry. The forwarder does just that, it "forwards" to the boot.dol on the sd card. When you update, it overwrites the boot.dol on the SD card with the newer version, and the forwarder in turn reads the new boot.dol.

The channel on the other hand has the latest (as of right now) boot.dol inside of it, and it installs to the NAND of the Wii. No way to update it from where it resides.

was hoping that you can make it an upgradeable channel, the Loader GX has the Channel upgradeable version

It actually upgrades the dol in nand? I'd have to look at that...although that seems kind of dangerous...

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
It actually upgrades the dol in nand? I'd have to look at that...although that seems kind of dangerous...
Doesn't the homebrew channel updates itself as well? So it should be possible to do something like that. As I prefer using a forwarder, It's not important for me, but anyway there has to be a way to do it.
wink.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cypherdias said:
zektor said:
Doesn't the homebrew channel updates itself as well? So it should be possible to do something like that. As I prefer using a forwarder, It's not important for me, but anyway there has to be a way to do it.
wink.gif

You are correct, but it is beyond my scope. It would take oggzee to incorporate that...or moreover *want* to add that type of feature to the upgrading process to accommodate the little insignificant channel version
smile.gif
In other words, I doubt it would be so important to most people....although I'd love to see it happen
smile.gif

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The solution to play Monster Hunter without installing Hermes cIOS, in DVD mode, is installing CIOS55FIX and using a SoftChip feature called "Load Request IOS" (load the ios requested by the game itself). Can that feature be added in this USB Loader?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
zektor said:
You are correct, but it is beyond my scope. It would take oggzee to incorporate that...or moreover *want* to add that type of feature to the upgrading process to accommodate the little insignificant channel version
smile.gif
In other words, I doubt it would be so important to most people....although I'd love to see it happen
smile.gif
I doubt I will ever do that.
wink.gif

Even if someone is using a channel version, he will probably still want to have the SD or USB FAT partition with all the config and covers in there. So the channel doesn't really have much benefit over the forwarder, except for the rare occasion you want to take the SD out and still run the loader, but even this can be solved by using a USB FAT partition, HBC can run it from there, it just takes a bit of setting up the USB disk...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
TyRaNtM said:
The solution to play Monster Hunter without installing Hermes cIOS, in DVD mode, is installing CIOS55FIX and using a SoftChip feature called "Load Request IOS" (load the ios requested by the game itself). Can that feature be added in this USB Loader?
I'm not too familiar with softchip. What does installing cios55fix do?
Does it alter your existing official IOS? (I don't like it if this is it) Or is cioscorp that does that?
If cios55fix does install a new cios or patch an existing one, then the solution is not any better than installing hermes cios.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
oggzee said:
TyRaNtM said:
Does it alter your existing official IOS? (I don't like it if this is it) Or is cioscorp that does that?
If cios55fix does install a new cios or patch an existing one, then the solution is not any better than installing hermes cios.

Mm, i think that the ciosbugfix55 is a hacked official 55 ios...
But at least that option will be good for future problems.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
TyRaNtM said:

cIOS55 == a cIOS installed as IOS55.

The IOS requested by the game is IOS55, if you replace that with a cIOS, the game works from disc == The game in an IOS Reloading game. Well that's what i would usually say, but the IOS222/3 loaders can play the game, and the IOS Reload Block option there seems to cause more problems than it solves.

My problem is that i DIRECTLY asked 2 people if it's required to select IOS55 in SoftChip or if it works too if IOS249 is selected. That's an important detail, but the people don't seem to want that we are able to make games compatible...

PM me if you found a solution or useable details please.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
TyRaNtM said:
oggzee said:
TyRaNtM said:

Mm, i think that the ciosbugfix55 is a hacked official 55 ios...
But at least that option will be good for future problems.
Don't get me wrong, but this would require to add DVD Loading into an USB-Loader. I don't know if the Team want's to do this...if they want something like that. For a Multi-Loader, there's NeoGamma. And no, before you say; "It would work from USB", the IOS55 from the cIOSCORP v3.1 (yes, the newest one) Package won't help. There's only the DIP included, no FAT/EHCI Module, etc. which would be all needed to make this work. So this won't work from USB.

Summary: This is an USB Loader, this function won't help you here. Install Hermes cIOS, or leave it.

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alexcalibur said:
But if I understand how the banning works, it scans for people with the homebrew channel ticket. So hypothetically, anyone with it could be banned. I just want to get that code working in case it ever happens. So that I can enjoy online normally, just in case something happens.

but please, DON'T QUOTE ME on how the banning works.

This idea that you get banned by Nintendo scanning for the HBC ticket, was made up by someone who cheated online in Mario Kart Wii, for some reason that person was delusional and thought is was because he/she had HBC installed, not the fact he/she was cheating online the ban was made.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
alexcalibur said:
pepxl said:
PNo4 said:
alexcalibur said:
(Specifically, I'm interested in this code in particular, but there are others).

Ohh please dear god do not add support for online cheaters to be able to get back online after they have been banned.

yes i agree you were banned for a reason "CHEATING ONLINE" so live with it

I hate to break it to you, but I'm not banned and never have been. I've also never used codes online. But if I understand how the banning works, it scans for people with the homebrew channel ticket. So hypothetically, anyone with it could be banned. I just want to get that code working in case it ever happens. So that I can enjoy online normally, just in case something happens.

but please, DON'T QUOTE ME on how the banning works. like I said, I've never been banned or anything like that. I just can go off of what I've read.

I would agree that hackers are horrible online. But still. There are other uses for it. There are many other codes you can find that are gecko 1.8+ only that have nothing to do with online. So I still maintain that since it is a superior code engine, it should be incorporated. And I have no idea how complicated it would be or anything, so I appreciate any effort, whether it happens or not.

EDIT: I didn't read a page and see that oggzee said he would do it eventually, which I give many thanks for. So kind of a useless post now. At least people shouldn't insta hate me because they think I'm banned though...

you dont need this code if your not banned and dont use online hacks

Bypassing Error Code 20102 on all games

http://hetoan2.blogspot.com/2009/07/bypass...-all-games.html

this code is only need if your banned for using hacks online e.g infinite health, ammo, items. ive never heard of nintendo scanning your wii for the HBC ticket to ban you. so my original statement still stands as it sounds more like you want to protect your self from gettin banned cause you want to cheat online.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hope the new Ocarina from the GeckoOS 1.9.2 can be implemented into this loader.

P.S. The source code of GeckoOS 1.9.2 is released.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
Is there a way to move to where the text font is? Mine is off the bottom of the screen using the Blue Matrix theme...

Thanks in advance!
-Erik

Currently no, but it's fixed in the next release. thanks!

QUOTE(TeenTin @ Aug 3 2009, 10:18 AM) Hope the new Ocarina from the GeckoOS 1.9.2 can be implemented into this loader.

P.S. The source code of GeckoOS 1.9.2 is released.

It's on the TODO list.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@oggzee:
About that monster hunter game, i finally got useful information.

With cIOS55 installed, but started with IOS249, it runs with glitches and crashes at the 1st menu option, while it works, when started with IOS55.

My conclusion, this is one of the very very very few moments when you can tell that the game requires that IOS. Now if we would get the info which of the IOS222/3 exactly works, and how that is created, we might be able to do anything.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
@oggzee:
About that monster hunter game, i finally got useful information.
With cIOS55 installed, but started with IOS249, it runs with glitches and crashes at the 1st menu option, while it works, when started with IOS55.
My conclusion, this is one of the very very very few moments when you can tell that the game requires that IOS. Now if we would get the info which of the IOS222/3 exactly works, and how that is created, we might be able to do anything.
Thanks WiiPower, that does sound useful.
But let me understand something, this only works from DVD or from USB/WBFS too?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
According to some people it runs from usb too with the IOS222/3 stuff. But i don't know which exactly, most people can't answer STRAIGHT questions.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh and oggzee, if you get excetions sometimes, use this:
void *allocate_memory(u32 size)
{
return memalign(32, (size+31)&(~31) );
}

Instead of all malloc and memalign in yourwhole project. That solved the weirdest exceptions in our nand loader and usb loader GX team reported that it at least reduces the number of excetptions for them, but i don't think they consequently replaced all malloc and memalign yet, so maybe all their excetions might go with this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: It's proven quite frustrating.