Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Hmm, I still think choosing the language based on the game id should be the preferred one in the majority of cases.
Let's take an example with someone from Italy who bought a whole bunch of Italian releases, then the covers will show correctly, without touching the config.
With the case you mentioned, someone can still put the EN url in front of {CC} url and the problem is solved, he will get English covers for a french release of the game.
Perhaps the fallback language could be chosen by the code letter, with download_cc_pal always being checked first for all PAL games if it was set. In any case, we're probably all overthinking this issue. Hardly anybody is going to have those games, or care which one of the European covers come up if they do.

Incidentally, I'm adding a page to my tutorial that will probably make it easier for people to configure the loader . README-CFG.txt is probably a little daunting for newcomers, and it's hard to know what some of these options are for unless you've been following progress for some time. The page will hopefully help to answer some of those repeated questions we get. Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement.

videoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
oggzee said:
videoboy said:
Thanks for this great loader first! It's stable and has so many great features!
I have many ocarina cheat codes (.gct file) on SD card and it works, so I tried to test the ocarina txt function. I copied the cheat codes (.txt file) from pc to SD cards (the same folder with .gct files), but inside the game option of the loader, it said no cheat file. Can you instruct me where should I copy the cheat codes (.txt) to? p.s. I can't use Wii to download the .txt file.
Thanks!

actually it's sd:/usb-loader/codes/RHAP01.txt
i'm sorry about the lack of documentation about that
smile.gif

I'll try it. Thanks for the reply and the great loader!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
Edit: OK, I can reproduce that bug.

@oggzee: As Alex Finlay reported, if you start with IOS249, then download any covers or cheats, then choose a game to start with IOS222-mload manually, it fails to load the IOS (ret=-4).

Thanks for deciphering Alex's post
wink.gif
(joke)
Ok, i reproduced it as well and have a fix ready.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
Incidentally, I'm adding a page to my tutorial that will probably make it easier for people to configure the loader . README-CFG.txt is probably a little daunting for newcomers, and it's hard to know what some of these options are for unless you've been following progress for some time. The page will hopefully help to answer some of those repeated questions we get. Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement.

Nicety nice!
smile.gif

I'll add this to the front page.

mgdman44012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble getting covers to load since i updated to the newest version did the path change to the sd card? please help
here is my config file what am i doing wrong?

# USBLoader config
# lines starting with # are comments
# see README-CFG.txt for help on options

# background = background.png
# wbackground = background_wide.png
# layout = large3
# covers = 1

# hide uLoader CFG entry
hide_game = __CF

# theme
theme = BlueMatrix

# gui
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2

# device
device = usb

covers_path=SD:/usb-loader/covers

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Alex Finlay said:
Sorry to be anoying, but does anyone bother to read my posts:
Lol its like everyone ignored it.
tongue.gif

Btw thanks to the themer who made Eva into a Theme. AWESOME
tongue.gif
I saw it, had a seriously difficult time trying to decipher what you were asking, then discovered there was nothing that I could do to help, so didn't post. I suspect most other people just gave up trying to work it out to be honest. If you want people to take your posts seriously, please attempt to use paragraphs and so on.

Anyway, I'll try to discuss some of your requests as best I can...

For updating channels in both locations, why do you even need this? The only reason I can think of for wanting to have the loader on both the SD and USB is if you wanted different versions of the loader available. Do you have a reason to keep both of them up to date?

The mload bug sounds sort of serious, but not all of us seem to be getting it. I'll try to reproduce it myself. Do you have mload set up in the config.txt or is it a per game thing?

Why do you need to use the WiiOff application? Why not just hold down the power button on the Wii Remote?

@oggzee: As Alex Finlay reported, if you start with IOS249, then download any covers or cheats, then choose a game to start with IOS222-mload manually, it fails to load the IOS (ret=-4).
Sorry i was typing from my Wii. Next time are remember.
Just to add to that it does the bug on both MLoads, Good to be of help. And to answer your other question, its just because my friend uses my SD card aswell, and he doesn't have the internet i just wanted to keep them both up-to-date, Also i haven't tried holding down my wii remote power button but if it cures the hang THANKS. I read in other posts that holding the remote doesn't cure a hang, i will test it out. As for my bad grammar im sorry, ive never been good at writing and i will try my very best not to be a Idiot. Well i have a keyboard for my wii and im normaly browsing this forum and some other.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
[requests]
1/On global config screen, add "force download" (like it works in per game config screen).
I had to delete all my covers png files in order to test the new country flag.
2/give the option to choose the cover type (flat,3d, disc) you want to download. Why download art discs if you don't care like many of the users ?

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed this problem as well, was unable to pinpoint any pattern as to when it was happening.

Can't wait for the fix.

oggzee said:
Dr. Clipper said:

wink.gif
(joke)

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
HostileJava said:
I have noticed this problem as well, was unable to pinpoint any pattern as to when it was happening.

Can't wait for the fix.

oggzee said:
Dr. Clipper said:

wink.gif
(joke)
I was going to say if you notice a bug report it, Don't wait for someone else to speak up.

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
Hmm, I still think choosing the language based on the game id should be the preferred one in the majority of cases.
Let's take an example with someone from Italy who bought a whole bunch of Italian releases, then the covers will show correctly, without touching the config.
With the case you mentioned, someone can still put the EN url in front of {CC} url and the problem is solved, he will get English covers for a french release of the game.
If the default CC setting is the Wii's language setting, it will download the good cover for all games, the user doesn't need to set the option.
All the countries that are represented by those special game IDs (D,F,I,S,H) are available languages for the Wii, except H.
Detecting the region from the game ID is tempting because it sounds like the logical way, but the covers are different also for "P" games not just the games that use another letter. Doing this on a per game ID basis has no advantage over simply using the language setting from the Wii, and it has the drawback I mentioned on my previous post. To get German covers for all PAL games without setting anything the only way is to use the Wii's setting.
CONF_GetLanguage() is part of libogc in conf.h
For languages that are not available on the Wii, the CC can default to EN and users would have to set it to their language anyways (there doesn't appear to be a game ID letter specific to Australia).

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
hackotedelaplaque said:
[requests]
1/On global config screen, add "force download" (like it works in per game config screen).
I had to delete all my covers png files in order to test the new country flag.
2/give the option to choose the cover type (flat,3d, disc) you want to download. Why download art discs if you don't care like many of the users ?
Both your requests are already there:
1/ Push D-pad Left on "Download All Missing Covers" and it will download them all, regardless if they are already found.
2/ Add "download_all_styles = 0" to your config.txt and then only the cover_style of the selected theme will be downloaded.

@oggzee: The download_all_styles option is not listed in the main list of README-CFG.txt, it's only in the updates list.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v36d (bugfix)

http://sharebee.com/3590dbf0
(or online update)

* Fixed error when accessing network and after that using IOS 222/223-mload
* Improved url tag {CC} region detection for: IT, ES and NL
* Changed default urls to use {ID6} instead of {ID}

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfg v37a (alpha)

http://sharebee.com/1d0ca258
(or online update)

CODEcfg v37a (alpha)

* Full cover image support in all coverflow gui modes
ÂÂ - NOTE: Full covers will load in all coverflow modes by default.ÂÂIf no local full cover is found,
ÂÂÂÂ the 2D flat cover will be used.
* Full cover download support - choose in Global Options to download
ÂÂ - NOTE: Full covers go in the "usb-loader/covers/full" directory.
* Added URL tags for full cover downloads.
* Twist the WiiMote 90 degrees (right or left) while pointing at the screen to flip the center cover
ÂÂ over to display the back.ÂÂUp on the D-Pad continues to do the same.
* Mouseover on cover in coverflow mode highlights cover and shows game title.ÂÂPressing A on the
ÂÂ selected cover will load the game, 1 will go to Game Settings, etc.
* Visual improvements to cover objects in coverflow mode

also.....
cfg v37ax (alpha-experimental ***SEE NOTE!)

http://sharebee.com/bd73d8f2
NO online update

Code:
 * Same changes as v37a, but with new libfat for improved cover loading speed.
ÂÂ - NOTE: DO NOT USE THIS if your usb-loader directory is on a USB drive!ÂÂIt will NOT mount your FAT
ÂÂÂÂ partition.ÂÂThis is just a preview release for people who have all their covers / themes / config.txt on SD.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@usptactical: AT LAST! (joke)

Seriously, good work. I'll test it out tonight. Just one thing for my tutorial, which options have you added? You mention cover_url_full, but what about covers_path_full? Any others?

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
@usptactical: AT LAST! (joke)

Seriously, good work. I'll test it out tonight. Just one thing for my tutorial, which options have you added? You mention cover_url_full, but what about covers_path_full? Any others?

Thanks!

Yes, cover_url_full (and cover_url_full_norm) and covers_path_full - there are no widescreen urls needed.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
My initial reactions to 37a are not good. Switching between the GUI and the menu on non-coverflow modes now seems to take a second for the console to activate whereas it was almost instantaneous before. There's also a weird graphical shift as the console activates, like the brightness setting just goes up. I think this may be in the previous versions as well, but it couldn't be detected as it happens during the transition to the menu.

Also, it kept seeming to forget some of the images in the list... I guess this is a memory constraint, though, and might not be helped.

I'm going to give 37ax a try now. Hopefully it fixes things a bit.

leondmsmith said:
quick question, how do i get it to download latest revision from with loader itself?

within loader?
See the "Updating Configurable USB Loader" section here.

Edit
:

OK, 37ax makes things MUCH better for loading the stuff from the SD card. The GUI-> menu delay is still there for the non-coverflow modes, but maybe slightly shorter, and that's just really weird.

Also, I meant to mention earlier that the twisting the Wiimote thing feels a bit weird how if you leave the pointer twisted, it keeps turning the cover around. It would seem more logical to have it turn to the back when you twist, then return to normal when you go back to the natural orientation or something. Otherwise, it would be even better to just map it to waggle. Any large acceleration burst turns the covers around, and then we don't even need to point at the TV to do it.

Finally, and this one isn't really that important, but would be nice... When you select a game (with confirm_start on) or go back to the menu with B, would it be hard to make the cover float to the menu position like the non-coverflow modes do on the scroll transition? I realise this wouldn't really work if cover_style=disc, but it should be doable for 3D or flat covers, right? I guess I just don't like the flash cut the way it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sounds like the typical Discord response when you get pinged.