Hacking Configurable USB Loader

rianu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your help everyone! While I was redownloading and reinstalling everything in case something got corrupted, I noticed Ocarina was on by default. I didn't think this would affect anything since I didn't have codes for the games, but I turned it off and it worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm that turning Ocarina on breaks MKA with alt .dol option when there is no cheats file (don't know about with a cheats file). It goes immediately to the black screen, like rianu mentioned earlier.

terryforever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ps3nano said:
[ Wii Configurable USB Loader cfg v32] by ???????? Size: 6.93 MB
Wii Game Channel - ?????Wii Sports Resort
help!
i install the wad inside,
the wad name is "Configurable USB Loadercfg33.wad"
after i install, now my Wii black screen after start T_T

can some one HELP me!!!

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
terryforever said:
ps3nano said:
help!

can some one HELP me!!!

Now this is why ONLY oggzee should release stuff in his thread..

Anyways, you have gotten a brick of some kind, your Wii is dead.

STOP INSTALLING CHANNELS THAT ARE NOT TESTED -- PLEASE!

antimatter

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
lol... why would you even install it. not even oggzee knows what it is. im sorry for your wii. got bootmii or preloader? otherwise you got a brick on your hand.

oggzee: keep up the great work on your loader. its my favourite

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
terryforever said:
ps3nano said:
help!

can some one HELP me!!!

Is this true? Or it's a joke? If it's true, god help you and everyone else that downloaded and installed that.
I never released any kind of cfg33ac. Really, why would you go download and install some random wad channel off the net without checking the authenticity of it first? Where did you get that link from anyway? The post by ps3nano, or some other source? The only valid links to the configurable loader are in the first post of this thread. And I never release channel wads, just because of the risk involved.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
wiiztec said:
No but one of the enemies randomly went into a T stance
Heh., well, that might just be the game. This game is buggy as hell. I do know the audio didn't do that with the actual disc though.

I tried the new version (with more memory for the alt dol) and I think it fixed the problem I was having. Actually, I forgot about it, but I was having another problem where some of the visuals in the first scene where it shows your character's girlfriend (before the fish) were black, and then when the fish were shown they scene became normal. Not long after that, the audio got messed up. Neither one happens with this new version. I've only played for a few minutes, but that's longer than the old version went without problems on Red Steel for me.
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
9th_Sage said:
Heh., well, that might just be the game. This game is buggy as hell. I do know the audio didn't do that with the actual disc though.

I tried the new version (with more memory for the alt dol) and I think it fixed the problem I was having. Actually, I forgot about it, but I was having another problem where some of the visuals in the first scene where it shows your character's girlfriend (before the fish) were black, and then when the fish were shown they scene became normal. Not long after that, the audio got messed up. Neither one happens with this new version. I've only played for a few minutes, but that's longer than the old version went without problems on Red Steel for me.
smile.gif

Ok so it seems to help a bit at least.
Can you try also NeoGammaR4 and let me know if it works any better/worse/same ?
smile.gif

btw, try disabling ocarina if it was enabled, seems alt.dol and ocarina don't go well together by some reports.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
9th_Sage said:

smile.gif

Ok so it seems to help a bit at least.
Can you try also NeoGammaR4 and let me know if it works any better/worse/same ?
smile.gif

btw, try disabling ocarina if it was enabled, seems alt.dol and ocarina don't go well together by some reports.
oh, no, Ocarina wasn't on.
*edit*
Ok, so after testing, strangely NeoGamma is acting like the older version of your USB Loader before you gave the alt dol more memory (I was expecting it to be the same).
tongue.gif
This is a bit strange. I used CIOS rev13a in both situations, if that matters. Maybe I should rerip this game, I'm starting to feel jynxed or something.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
terryforever said:
ps3nano said:
help!

can some one HELP me!!!

Is this true? Or it's a joke? If it's true, god help you and everyone else that downloaded and installed that.
I never released any kind of cfg33ac. Really, why would you go download and install some random wad channel off the net without checking the authenticity of it first? Where did you get that link from anyway? The post by ps3nano, or some other source? The only valid links to the configurable loader are in the first post of this thread. And I never release channel wads, just because of the risk involved.
I've reported the post to a moderator. If you install the WAD of the INOFFICIAL CFG Loader your Wii will be (banner-)bricked!

If you have Preloader or BootMii on your Wii, you can repair it by uninstalling the bad WAD. Search Forums for "repair banner brick" ...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
nitrozz said:
oggzee:
when are u thinking release the channel version ?
thank's for this excellent work

I'm not making channels sorry.
However here is a nice fella that made one with cfg v32:

QUOTE(zektor @ Jun 23 2009, 02:38 AM) Great work on v32 final! I updated the channel version for anyone interested. Installed and tested on my own Wii:
http://rapidshare.com/files/247421413/USBL...hannel.rar.html

I think it is safe, but I haven't tried it myself.
If you indent to install any channel wads, make sure you have preloader or bootmii for brick protection.

I recommend to use forwarder channels instead anyway.
Narolez made a nice set of forwarder channels, they're listed in the first post.
I'm using the bluematrix themed one that loads directly from usb fat partition.

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oggzee said:
nitrozz said:
oggzee:
when are u thinking release the channel version ?
thank's for this excellent work

I'm not making channels sorry.
However here is a nice fella that made one with cfg v32:

QUOTE(zektor @ Jun 23 2009, 02:38 AM) Great work on v32 final! I updated the channel version for anyone interested. Installed and tested on my own Wii:
http://rapidshare.com/files/247421413/USBL...hannel.rar.html

I think it is safe, but I haven't tried it myself.
If you indent to install any channel wads, make sure you have preloader or bootmii for brick protection.

I recommend to use forwarder channels instead anyway.
Narolez made a nice set of forwarder channels, they're listed in the first post.
I'm using the bluematrix themed one that loads directly from usb fat partition.

thank's for the advise

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been running the channel for a few days now, installed it on my brother's Wii and his g/f's as well, so it is pretty safe
smile.gif
Even still, oggzee is absolutely correct in saying that you should always have some sort of brick protection before installing and messing around with any channel wads.

I've always been a channel fan myself when it comes to the loaders. The forwarder is a much easier route to keep updated (ie: copy newly released boot.dol to the SD and not have to mess with channel reinstall), but it does have the one drawback of of course not being able to load the app without the SD card inside of the unit. Sometimes I am doing things with the SD on the PC, and I'd still like to be able to boot th eloader without the card and go for a quick game
smile.gif
I'll probably chime in on stable releases and keep the channel version updated (or on releases that add milestone features like alt dol was!) It is the least I can do for all of the hard work that was put into it!

andyselects

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody managed to get Kung Fu Panda or Overlord Dark Legend to run?
According the compatibility list both of these should work with default settings.

I've tried against IOS 222/3 and 249 plus with the 002 fix enabled/disabled and also the IOS Reload block set and various other combinations of settings but haven't had any luck.
This has failed using this loader and also the UsbLoaderGX.

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying