OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
NEW: cfg v10:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zzw2mdndzmj/...oader_cfg10.zip
Changes:
- load game covers from the options menu (by hungyip84/forsaken)
- fixed Japan (and other regions) games (tnx: Narolez)
- support for covers with 4 letter ID like: RHAP.png
(6 letter ID file names like: RHAP01.png are of course still supported, so whichever is found is used.)
Covers that are downloaded from the options menu will be automatically saved
to a file with 4 letter ID instead of 6.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Don Killah said:
thanks for the update oggzee. so you managed to fix ocarina like Narolez said?

The fix is for Japanese games. I did it as Narolez said, but I can't test it since I don't have any Japanese games
tongue.gif

So Knocks, please let me know if its working now?

Also, Narolez: tnx for the background image!
smile.gif

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Don Killah said:
thanks for the update oggzee. so you managed to fix ocarina like Narolez said?

The fix is for Japanese games. I did it as Narolez said, but I can't test it since I don't have any Japanese games
tongue.gif

So Knocks, please let me know if its working now?

Also, Narolez: tnx for the background image!
smile.gif

What is that japanese game fix about?

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Narolez: tested your fix with Gundam MS 0079. The nunchuck warning is in Japanese now, no more garbled characters. I'm also puzzled why video mode affects the language options, but glad that it works!

Edit: Tested cfg v10 too. Everything works.

Thanks guys.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
Ok, so if I want to disable ocarina, it's enough to just not call do_sd_code(...) ?
Actually, I never did understood exactly what all the hooks stuff does...
What is kenobiwii anyway?
Yes, you are right.
kenobiwii ist magic, known as cheat handler.
wink.gif

Nice features in cfg10 ...

@Don Killah
You get it? Need some help?

@Knocks
Thanks for Testing the fix. Fine that it works ...

@hungyip84
You know what to do in the Ultimate Loader?

fiskat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
oggzee said:
fiskat said:
a sd card with 2 partitions,first fat32 use for hbc& usb loader,second wbfs use for game.
this usb loader can load game list from wbfs partition,but cannot start any game,it will show an error when press A to select.

Thanks, I'll check what's wrong.
v10 not fixed this bug

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
musicman61554 said:
Oggzee did you see my ?. I was curious about the working dol to create my own channel with. Just seeing if that is possible. I have V9. Thanks

Go ahead, I don't see any problems with that. You can use v10 now...

Posts merged

fiskat said:
oggzee said:
QUOTE(fiskat @ Apr 16 2009, 04:42 PM) a sd card with 2 partitions,first fat32 use for hbc& usb loader,second wbfs use for game.
this usb loader can load game list from wbfs partition,but cannot start any game,it will show an error when press A to select.

Thanks, I'll check what's wrong.
v10 not fixed this bug

I know, it's still on my todo...

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my feedback for the most current build.

Bugs:
Hide header doesn't work.

Polishing current features:
1) People keep asking for "child" and "teen" versions of safe mode, so how about splitting safe mode into: allow install, allow remove, and allow options?
2) It'd be good to customize the location of remaining files, including background.png and titles.txt

New features to consider:
Since network calls are already implemented, some type of support for SMB, FTP, or both would seem like a natural step. FTPii source code is only 29KB and can be pretty much copy & pasted, minus the console. tinysmb is also only one line of code.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ether2802 said:
Jezz.....I am really conformist, so I kind of dislike people asking for new features, but Oggzee, if you were like me, this wouldn't be the best loader, thanks for your addiction to please people
biggrin.gif
, and I don't have a request, just a question.......are you planing on adding some of the GUI's around here, like the "cover flow" one...??? that would be awesome (not asking or anything, just wondering)

Maybe, but not soon, I have to chill out a bit
tongue.gif

infamousdragon said:
Just wanted to say awesome job oggzee and that this is my loader of choice.

Quick question, any plans on implementing the widescreen options that are in the Ultimate Loader?

Maybe, but I don't like the way this is currently done in the ultimate version, I don't want to have duplicate versions of cover files.
So, I would release it when I'm able to scale them automatically, without introducing other problems like the ultimate version suffered.

ether2802 said:
So after all there is NO GAME DEFAULT LANGUAGE...??? Oh well.....

The fix was actually about the video mode, not language settings as I understand. This area is not too clear to me
tongue.gif

Lucky for us we have Narolez here
wink.gif

QUOTE(Knocks @ Apr 17 2009, 09:44 AM)
Here's my feedback for the most current build.

Bugs:
Hide header doesn't work.

Polishing current features:
1) People keep asking for "child" and "teen" versions of safe mode, so how about splitting safe mode into: allow install, allow remove, and allow options?
2) It'd be good to customize the location of remaining files, including background.png and titles.txt

New features to consider:
Since network calls are already implemented, some type of support for SMB, FTP, or both would seem like a natural step. FTPii source code is only 29KB and can be pretty much copy & pasted, minus the console. tinysmb is also only one line of code.

I'll check the hide header.

The different safe modes and file locations are of low priority to me, so I don't promise anything soon
wink.gif

I don't know what would we need ftp and smb for?
Do you have an idea for that?

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:

FTP would be useful to move files around and create directories remotely and upload/download covers and other stuff while the loader is running. It's more convenient than taking the SD card to your PC and then plugging it back in or quitting the loader, launching FTPii, then quitting FTPii and launching the loader again. FTPii is a small program so the core can just run in the background (no separate console or verbose mode needed).

SMB is a little more ambitious but the basic idea is to mount an ISO from a shared directory and rip it to WFBS remotely. Not as fast as USB but also more convenient.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Knocks said:
oggzee said:

FTP would be useful to move files around and create directories remotely and upload/download covers and other stuff while the loader is running. It's more convenient than taking the SD card to your PC and then plugging it back in or quitting the loader, launching FTPii, then quitting FTPii and launching the loader again. FTPii is a small program so the core can just run in the background (no separate console or verbose mode needed).

SMB is a little more ambitious but the basic idea is to mount an ISO from a shared directory and rip it to WFBS remotely. Not as fast as USB but also more convenient.

Ok, at least now I understand what would be the use, but I think this would be adding quite some more complexity and potentially more bugs
wink.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(Don Killah @ Apr 17 2009, 01:20 AM)
ok, glad it worked. i'm gonna add it too you should do the same hungy.

Which loader is yours?

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any possibility when using simple=1 to allow the confirm_start to still be used and work?

Thanks,
Kizer

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Ok, at least now I understand what would be the use, but I think this would be adding quite some more complexity and potentially more bugs
wink.gif
But would be absolutely cool.
smileipb2.png

- Online-Update of the loader itself
- FTP-Access to covers/codes/settings
- Copy ISOs using WiFi with a shared directory on the PC (takes some time but is a nice idea anyway).

-> No need to plug-out the USB-Drive and SD-Card anymore.
biggrin.gif

Don't think this is done so easy, but it's always nice to dream about some things.
wink.gif

But another problem with the current release: I just wanted to try out the cover download feature. At first, I just got code dumps after the "Initialize Network" message, which was because there was no working Internet connection. Would be better to have some kind of "connection error" message instead of a code dump.

After fixing my connection, I tried to download a cover for WWE vs. RAW 2009, connection succes, downloads file (411 byte some kind of small oO) with success message (very hard to see because it disappears very fast). But even after a restart, the loader does not show the cover. Tried several times without any change. Looked onto the SD card after that, and there was no png image fitting the game ID in my usb-loader/covers path (I use that default one). Instead, I found a 411byte file called "png" inside of my apps/USBLoader folder. But that isn't a proper png file either.

Any idea about that?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Cypherdias said:
But another problem with the current release: I just wanted to try out the cover download feature. At first, I just got code dumps after the "Initialize Network" message, which was because there was no working Internet connection. Would be better to have some kind of "connection error" message instead of a code dump.

After fixing my connection, I tried to download a cover for WWE vs. RAW 2009, connection succes, downloads file (411 byte some kind of small oO) with success message (very hard to see because it disappears very fast). But even after a restart, the loader does not show the cover. Tried several times without any change. Looked onto the SD card after that, and there was no png image fitting the game ID in my usb-loader/covers path (I use that default one). Instead, I found a 411byte file called "png" inside of my apps/USBLoader folder. But that isn't a proper png file either.

Any idea about that?

That's weird
smile.gif

Can you tell me what 4-letter ID is reported for this game in the options screen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro