redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
aarrrggggllll
bringing ALL the loader in one.
that's pure genius

and respect to palasx who evidently did some major efforts into bringing all possible options together !

thank you so much.
R

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm all for individual preferences. Since you seem to speak computer language, maybe you can figure out the proper code for this. I proposed earlier to use the 4th letter of the game ID (E, J, or P) to launch with the appropriate video mode and language options.

For example, I have a USA console and would like my personal settings configured as follows. When an E game is launched, use default video and language settings. When a J game is launched, use default video but force language to Japanese. When a P game is launched (unlikely in my case, because we get all the good games here first anyway
smile.gif
), force video to NTSC and leave language alone.

This would only force when absolutely necessary and use default for the rest. But again, everything is entirely up to the user.

Anarchia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
USB Loader configurable is an exelent idea for me but ... anyone couldn't join this version with the last modifications of Knocks ? Unfortunately i'm not a coder and i can't do it...
frown.gif

bucketmouse

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A tiny request for those hacking on the source - Could you add a wiimote button combo that triggers a disc eject?
I've got a wii with a broken eject button and quitting out to the menu to launch Disc Eject from HBC sucks a lot.

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stupid question maybe.. But why would you need an Eject button if you're loading from an USB HDD ???

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah.. Ofcourse.. Didn't even occur to me, as i found dumping from Wii to HD gives me more corrupt games than dumping from PC..
blink.gif

Ah well.. If it could be implemented, I'm sure it would be a big help for those who are indeed (only) dumping from their Wii.

X

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Thanks to everyone for feedback and ideas!

Here is a new version: (cfg v2)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/crgdmm0o4nn/USBLoader_cfg2.zip

I implemented some of the suggestions and other stuff:

Changes:
- option: layout=large2 matches usptactical cover coordinates
- option: layout=ultimate1 (WiiShizza)
- option: layout=ultimate2 (jservs7 / hungyip84)
- option: console_coords=x,y,width,height
- option: console_color=foreground,background (color values: 0-15)
- option: covers_coords=x,y
- option: covers_path=path
- show noimage.png if cover missing
- sd bug fix (56Killer)

And still a lot more to do
smile.gif

See README-CFG.txt for all info.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
hungyip84 said:
Great! I would like this as the main configurable option:

Console x position
Console y position
Console width
Console height
Boxart x position
Boxart Y position

So we don't need to recompile everytime

Done! options are:

console_coords=x,y,width,height
covers_coords=x,y

and also:
console_color=foreground,background (color values: 0-15)

WiiShizzza said:
Another nice Idea. ike it so far... we'll see what comes out at the end.

I'll second hungyip84!

+ maybe you could add the force mode in the way it was mentioned in the other thread.
QUOTE said:
Read the 4-letter game code. If the fourth letter is J or E, default video on NTSC systems, force PAL on PAL systems. If it's P, force NTSC on NTSC systems, default video on PAL systems.

That way everything should be automatic. Did I miss anything?

Maybe you can also implement parts from nIxx MiniMP3-Player to use a background music in the loader.
the mp3 file could maybe also been added to the config file.

Nut sure I understand how is that video force mode supposed to work, has anyone been able to make it work as is described?

I'll think about the mp3 player, sounds like a great idea, but there are others things first..

QUOTE(ether2802 @ Apr 11 2009, 08:44 AM)
wich background format we have to use...??
huh.gif

EDIT: Almost like Nixx, but the covers are a little bit off the space..!!
wink.gif

EDIT2: Nope, is the usptactical template
mthrnitesmiley.gif

The default one is nixx I think, although I have added 2 layout options for nixx/usptactical: layout=large or layout=large2

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Anarchia said:
USB Loader configurable is an exelent idea for me but ... anyone couldn't join this version with the last modifications of Knocks ? Unfortunately i'm not a coder and i can't do it...
frown.gif

Hey, that layout from Knocks looks good actually!
smile.gif

Yes it works with the cfg v2 loader with these options:

background=knocks.png
console_coords=40,40,340,280
console_color=0,15
covers_coords=452,106
covers=1

Not sure if the coords are exactly correct, didn't check his source, but it seems to match fine.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
MadBob said:
It would be nice to be able to configure the images path (SDRoot\Images) so we can use the same images for other loaders instead of having to place them in a different folder for this loader.

Done. Option is:

covers_path=sd:/Images

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
ogzee: are you talking about the background included in the zip or the one posted underneath it in the thread? If in the zip, the coordinates are (24,54) console, (480, 115 image). If it's the one in the thread, then it's not ready yet because it's not fixed for overscan (a problem with most current backgrounds on 4:3 NTSC analog TVs).

palasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knocks said:
I'm all for individual preferences. Since you seem to speak computer language, maybe you can figure out the proper code for this. I proposed earlier to use the 4th letter of the game ID (E, J, or P) to launch with the appropriate video mode and language options.

if a FORCE_VIDEO_AUTO is enabled, a few things need to happen:
1. get the DISCID. i dont know how to do this on the wii, but i will assume that it can be returned as a STRING or CSTRING (or arracy of chars, same difference)
2. DISCID[3] will give the 4th character/letter in the disc id if its a CSTRING or array of characters, otherwise use the WII's equivilent of IGNORE(3) to ignore the first 3 characters and then read from whatever return-source the DISCID comes from.
3. compare the e/u/j status of the disc id to the consoles default region. if same, use default video mode. if E game on U/J Wii, force NTSC, if U/J game on E Wii, force pall.
4. clean garbage, delete array, close any handles opened to read DISCID.

its fairly trivial, unless reading the DISCID or wii settings hasnt been done before, then its tiem to invent the wheel, otherwise, pretty trivial
smile.gif

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
palasx: Thanks! I thought it through again and decided it's best to have per-game settings instead of blindly going by game id. That allows for full user control and reduces forced modes to a minimum. Full explanation and GUI example here.

schnitzelbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
if a FORCE_VIDEO_AUTO is enabled, a few things need to happen:
1. get the DISCID. i dont know how to do this on the wii, but i will assume that it can be returned as a STRING or CSTRING (or arracy of chars, same difference)
2. DISCID[3] will give the 4th character/letter in the disc id if its a CSTRING or array of characters, otherwise use the WII's equivilent of IGNORE(3) to ignore the first 3 characters and then read from whatever return-source the DISCID comes from.
3. compare the e/u/j status of the disc id to the consoles default region. if same, use default video mode. if E game on U/J Wii, force NTSC, if U/J game on E Wii, force pall.
4. clean garbage, delete array, close any handles opened to read DISCID.

U have to take care of another possibility, when I ripped Harry potter to my HDD via the Wii Loader it had R5PX69 as code and not R5PE69 as I thought !
My Fitness Coach RFKX41 instead of RFKE41.
Both official bought in Germany !
Maybe thats also a problem for some people not showing the covers

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
schnitzelbrain said:
Maybe thats also a problem for some people not showing the covers
The same here, the so called "PAL cover package" only works withhalf of my games, as even the codes of my dumped originals differ from that of the package in many cases.

Anyway, this loader sounds great! I love being able to configure as many settings as possible.
smile.gif
Just keep on the great work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."