Configurable USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by oggzee, Apr 11, 2009.

1. redia

redia GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2008
    Swaziland
    aarrrggggllll
    bringing ALL the loader in one.
    that's pure genius

and respect to palasx who evidently did some major efforts into bringing all possible options together !

thank you so much.
    R

2. Knocks

Knocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2006
    I'm all for individual preferences. Since you seem to speak computer language, maybe you can figure out the proper code for this. I proposed earlier to use the 4th letter of the game ID (E, J, or P) to launch with the appropriate video mode and language options.

For example, I have a USA console and would like my personal settings configured as follows. When an E game is launched, use default video and language settings. When a J game is launched, use default video but force language to Japanese. When a P game is launched (unlikely in my case, because we get all the good games here first anyway [​IMG]), force video to NTSC and leave language alone.

This would only force when absolutely necessary and use default for the rest. But again, everything is entirely up to the user.

3. Anarchia

Anarchia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2009
    Italy
    USB Loader configurable is an exelent idea for me but ... anyone couldn't join this version with the last modifications of Knocks ? Unfortunately i'm not a coder and i can't do it... [​IMG]

4. kavid

kavid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    very nice ,i like it

5. bucketmouse

bucketmouse Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2003
    United States
    A tiny request for those hacking on the source - Could you add a wiimote button combo that triggers a disc eject?
    I've got a wii with a broken eject button and quitting out to the menu to launch Disc Eject from HBC sucks a lot.

6. Xras

Xras GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    Stupid question maybe.. But why would you need an Eject button if you're loading from an USB HDD ???

7. smash_brew

smash_brew I may or may not have fallen

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    i would imagine it would be useful for him when dumping discs to the hard drive using the wii.

8. Xras

Xras GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    Ah.. Ofcourse.. Didn't even occur to me, as i found dumping from Wii to HD gives me more corrupt games than dumping from PC.. [​IMG]

Ah well.. If it could be implemented, I'm sure it would be a big help for those who are indeed (only) dumping from their Wii.

X

9. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    Thanks to everyone for feedback and ideas!

Here is a new version: (cfg v2)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/crgdmm0o4nn/USBLoader_cfg2.zip

I implemented some of the suggestions and other stuff:

Changes:
    - option: layout=large2 matches usptactical cover coordinates
    - option: layout=ultimate1 (WiiShizza)
    - option: layout=ultimate2 (jservs7 / hungyip84)
    - option: console_coords=x,y,width,height
    - option: console_color=foreground,background (color values: 0-15)
    - option: covers_coords=x,y
    - option: covers_path=path
    - show noimage.png if cover missing
    - sd bug fix (56Killer)

And still a lot more to do [​IMG]

See README-CFG.txt for all info.

10. Screemer

Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 21, 2008
    Gambia, The
  11. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    The default one is nixx I think, although I have added 2 layout options for nixx/usptactical: layout=large or layout=large2

12. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    Hey, that layout from Knocks looks good actually! [​IMG]
    Yes it works with the cfg v2 loader with these options:

background=knocks.png
    console_coords=40,40,340,280
    console_color=0,15
    covers_coords=452,106
    covers=1

Not sure if the coords are exactly correct, didn't check his source, but it seems to match fine.

13. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    Done. Option is:

covers_path=sd:/Images

14. Knocks

Jun 12, 2006
    ogzee: are you talking about the background included in the zip or the one posted underneath it in the thread? If in the zip, the coordinates are (24,54) console, (480, 115 image). If it's the one in the thread, then it's not ready yet because it's not fixed for overscan (a problem with most current backgrounds on 4:3 NTSC analog TVs).

15. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    Don't let this die, cause it is the best loader so far..!!! [​IMG]

16. palasx

palasx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2007
    United States
    if a FORCE_VIDEO_AUTO is enabled, a few things need to happen:
    1. get the DISCID. i dont know how to do this on the wii, but i will assume that it can be returned as a STRING or CSTRING (or arracy of chars, same difference)
    2. DISCID[3] will give the 4th character/letter in the disc id if its a CSTRING or array of characters, otherwise use the WII's equivilent of IGNORE(3) to ignore the first 3 characters and then read from whatever return-source the DISCID comes from.
    3. compare the e/u/j status of the disc id to the consoles default region. if same, use default video mode. if E game on U/J Wii, force NTSC, if U/J game on E Wii, force pall.
    4. clean garbage, delete array, close any handles opened to read DISCID.

its fairly trivial, unless reading the DISCID or wii settings hasnt been done before, then its tiem to invent the wheel, otherwise, pretty trivial [​IMG]

17. Knocks

Jun 12, 2006
    palasx: Thanks! I thought it through again and decided it's best to have per-game settings instead of blindly going by game id. That allows for full user control and reduces forced modes to a minimum. Full explanation and GUI example here.

18. schnitzelbrain

schnitzelbrain Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    U have to take care of another possibility, when I ripped Harry potter to my HDD via the Wii Loader it had R5PX69 as code and not R5PE69 as I thought !
    My Fitness Coach RFKX41 instead of RFKE41.
    Both official bought in Germany !
    Maybe thats also a problem for some people not showing the covers

19. Cypherdias

Cypherdias Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    The same here, the so called "PAL cover package" only works withhalf of my games, as even the codes of my dumped originals differ from that of the package in many cases.

Anyway, this loader sounds great! I love being able to configure as many settings as possible. [​IMG] Just keep on the great work!

20. dodol

dodol GBAtemp Regular

Sep 24, 2007
    United States
    ocarina can't seem to find any codes. I already put the codes in sd:/codes/*.gct