Hacking Configurable USB Loader

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
another question, I need disable the flow when selecting a game, I prefer select it only scrolling with the d-pad, there's an option for that, but I can't save this on the settings, I need input this everytime I start the app.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ScoobyDoo3rd said:
I am not a filthy pirate, I have purchased every game that I have on CFG, I buy them NEW at Game Stop , Walmart, on Craigslist, Ebay, Yard Sales, etc. So when I ask a question about a game I have PURCHASED and it will not load, then I would think its a legit question. I know we have had our differences on certain request like the Ocarina cheats, that maybe something could be done to better it, you just said NO CFG will not have enough memory to support it. And yes I am a noob and ask about spinning disk and your response was to eject it and cut throat. So I am sorry if I have questions, In the beginning you have asked for users to inquire about ask question or give suggestions. I have always said you all are AWESOME and thank you for everything you have done.
Sorry you took offense, but it seemed that you were talking about other posts, not your own. Your most recent question in the thread had already seemed to have been answered by yourself an hour or so later, so I don't know which game you are talking about. The comments about piracy were directed at the few questions that had gone unanswered in the meantime, most of which involved people having problems with bad downloads or otherwise made it clear what they were doing. As for Ocarina and the spinning disc, I just gave you our usual answers, as we are sick of people asking for them and like to crack a friendly joke every now and then.

Please let us know the problem that you're having is again and we'll try to help.

QUOTE(_acid_ @ Jul 25 2011, 11:17 AM) i was just downloading some cheats 4 blackops BUT cfg said it had too many cheats. : theres no fix yet is there?
No, and there likely won't ever be. Managing a cheat file with that many cheats in Cfg would be painful and it also has a small memory drain that it is just a tad too annoying to have to cater for. We suggest you use another cheat application, like the GeckoCodes.org Online GCT Creator (find the game, select the GCT link, then click the AddCodes button to edit which ones are enabled and download the GCT when you are done.

Zesu-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Zesu-chan: WOW that is a long RANT
biggrin.gif

Anyway, the steps you are doing are correct, download a cheat, select it and create a .gct then enable ocarina and a proper hook type. That is all.

However, it is true that once you have created the .gct it doesn't remember which cheats were enabled so if you enter the cheat management again all will be unselected and we are not going to fix that. But as long as you don't create the .gct again you're fine, because the cheat engine only uses the .gct file and not the .txt and it doesn't care what cheats are selected in the cheat management screen, it only cares what is in the .gct file.

clear enough?
smile.gif
But here's the thing. Even if I never go back to the cheat screen after creating the .gct, the cheat still isn't enabled when I start the game. Ocarina on and everything. Is it possible I'm using the wrong hook type? How do I know which one is right?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Zesu-chan said:
But here's the thing. Even if I never go back to the cheat screen after creating the .gct, the cheat still isn't enabled when I start the game. Ocarina on and everything. Is it possible I'm using the wrong hook type? How do I know which one is right?
You don't know unless they were nice enough to tell you in the text file. Try them all until you find one where the cheat is enabled in-game and then save the options so that the hook type is remembered for next time.

ScoobyDoo3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
ScoobyDoo3rd said:
I am not a filthy pirate, I have purchased every game that I have on CFG, I buy them NEW at Game Stop , Walmart, on Craigslist, Ebay, Yard Sales, etc. So when I ask a question about a game I have PURCHASED and it will not load, then I would think its a legit question. I know we have had our differences on certain request like the Ocarina cheats, that maybe something could be done to better it, you just said NO CFG will not have enough memory to support it. And yes I am a noob and ask about spinning disk and your response was to eject it and cut throat. So I am sorry if I have questions, In the beginning you have asked for users to inquire about ask question or give suggestions. I have always said you all are AWESOME and thank you for everything you have done.
Sorry you took offense, but it seemed that you were talking about other posts, not your own. Your most recent question in the thread had already seemed to have been answered by yourself an hour or so later, so I don't know which game you are talking about. The comments about piracy were directed at the few questions that had gone unanswered in the meantime, most of which involved people having problems with bad downloads or otherwise made it clear what they were doing. As for Ocarina and the spinning disc, I just gave you our usual answers, as we are sick of people asking for them and like to crack a friendly joke every now and then.

I appreciate your response. Thanks for taking your time. I think everyone here just needs an answer sometimes to know you all all still dealing with CFG. (I think we all know you are busting A--). My last question was are you still working on a screen saver for CFG? Thanks Again!

Please let us know the problem that you're having is again and we'll try to help.

QUOTE(_acid_ @ Jul 25 2011, 11:17 AM) i was just downloading some cheats 4 blackops BUT cfg said it had too many cheats. : theres no fix yet is there?
No, and there likely won't ever be. Managing a cheat file with that many cheats in Cfg would be painful and it also has a small memory drain that it is just a tad too annoying to have to cater for. We suggest you use another cheat application, like the GeckoCodes.org Online GCT Creator (find the game, select the GCT link, then click the AddCodes button to edit which ones are enabled and download the GCT when you are done.

eliw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
eliw said:
How do you Disable intro screen please ?

add intro=1 in meta.xml args

Thanks for that mate ... the problem now is that it shows a text intro instead
smile.gif
- Text says "configurable usb loader" in the middle of the screen and the version numbers in the bottom right hand side corner.

Is there anyway I can do away with the intro text/graphical and jump straight to the game cases list - or is there a way of actually displaying an alternative grpahical splash/intro image ?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to all of us !

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OriginalHamster said:
Anyone else having problems to force 480p in games that doesn't support it through Disc Channel?
Halp! =(
You should just need to set Video to "Force NTSC" and Video Patch to "All". Of course, your Wii needs to be set to 480p in the Wii Settings and you must be using component cables too.

Also, not all games can be forced to 480p. Little King's Story is one of the games that just won't work when forced to that resolution.

eliw said:
oggzee said:
QUOTE(eliw @ Jul 25 2011, 11:32 AM) How do you Disable intro screen please ?

add intro=1 in meta.xml args

Thanks for that mate ... the problem now is that it shows a text intro instead
smile.gif
- Text says "configurable usb loader" in the middle of the screen and the version numbers in the bottom right hand side corner.

Is there anyway I can do away with the intro text/graphical and jump straight to the game cases list - or is there a way of actually displaying an alternative grpahical splash/intro image ?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to all of us !
As stated by the previous poster, we have a few different options there for the intro screen for you to choose from. The intro screen hides the loading sequence of the app so it cannot be removed entirely and all versions of the intro screen still show the version number and IOS as it is important that users see that when we need to troubleshoot and so on. There is one exception to that, which can only be used when you are directly launching a specific game without using the Cfg menu at all, which allows you to have a purely black splash, but it still shows the black splash for exactly the same amount of time as the loading sequence is exactly the same.

eliw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
eliw said:
or is there a way of actually displaying an alternative grpahical splash/intro image ?
Yes, just change the intro=1 to 2 or 3. intro=4 is the default one.

What I meant was to basically use my "own" intro or no intro at all.
My kid would love to see his pic say whenever he switched his wii on.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Zesu-chan said:
oggzee said:
Zesu-chan: WOW that is a long RANT
biggrin.gif

Anyway, the steps you are doing are correct, download a cheat, select it and create a .gct then enable ocarina and a proper hook type. That is all.

However, it is true that once you have created the .gct it doesn't remember which cheats were enabled so if you enter the cheat management again all will be unselected and we are not going to fix that. But as long as you don't create the .gct again you're fine, because the cheat engine only uses the .gct file and not the .txt and it doesn't care what cheats are selected in the cheat management screen, it only cares what is in the .gct file.

clear enough?
smile.gif

One random idea.......The same happened to me not so long ago.
I downloaded some cheats ( mostly for custom buttons mappings ) and they worked fine.
The next day I downloaded some more cheats, and they wouldn't work, even though I performed all the necessary steps.
I found out that my issue was simply caused by the SD card, in fact, it was full and the ,gtc files were never saved in the first place !
So just in cast, check how much space you have on your SD card !
Another simple way to use cheats, would be to manually download them from dedicated sites on your PC, and put them on the SD card, then simply enable Ocarina cheats. It worked for me, but I don't have the link to the sites right now.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
eliw said:
FIX94 said:
eliw said:
or is there a way of actually displaying an alternative grpahical splash/intro image ?
Yes, just change the intro=1 to 2 or 3. intro=4 is the default one.

What I meant was to basically use my "own" intro or no intro at all.
My kid would love to see his pic say whenever he switched his wii on.
The only way to put your own intro would be to compile your own version from the source. There's no access to the SD or USB during the intro (they get enabled late in the process) so there is no way to customize it apart from the several selections we provide by the meta.xml intro option. You can create your own theme for the loader with your child's face if you like, everything after the splash is fully customisable. It is impossible to remove the intro as there is actually a ton of initialisation being done while that occurs. The closest you could get is a plain black screen for the exactly same amount of time as the splash is currently displayed, so why not indicate what app you are starting and remind you of your IOS choice during startup as there is nothing else you could do anyway?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Dr. Clipper said:
You should just need to set Video to "Force NTSC" and Video Patch to "All". Of course, your Wii needs to be set to 480p in the Wii Settings and you must be using component cables too.

Also, not all games can be forced to 480p. Little King's Story is one of the games that just won't work when forced to that resolution.

-I have component cables
-My Wii is set up 480p
-Force NTSC
-Video Patch ALL

I tested with Tenchu 4, the game runs fine, but the image is interlaced.
Also I think LKS runs in 480p though the game itself, no need to force 480p (NTSCU version).

EDIT: My Wii is NTSCU

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I modded a friends wii and put cfg v70- 249 on it as well as the v10 official forwarder channel.Whenever he loaded the forwarder channel with a classic controller plugged into the wii remote it would cause a code dump.

Is this a known issue?

If it was unknown until now i might be able to get him to take a pic of it and i can upload it.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
icebrg5 said:
I modded a friends wii and put cfg v70- 249 on it as well as the v10 official forwarder channel.Whenever he loaded the forwarder channel with a classic controller plugged into the wii remote it would cause a code dump.

Is this a known issue?

If it was unknown until now i might be able to get him to take a pic of it and i can upload it.
We have seen this problem reported and it only seems to occur with certain unofficial classic controllers. We don't have any of these to test with, which makes it difficult to find or fix the issue, which isn't in our code.

sinbatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, i'm using component on a crt, no progressive scan so games like No More Heroes 1 and 2 is really blurry.
Is it possible to force antialias level on a game like the CFG GUI?

Thank You.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
sinbatsu said:
Hi, i'm using component on a crt, no progressive scan so games like No More Heroes 1 and 2 is really blurry.
Is it possible to force antialias level on a game like the CFG GUI?

Thank You.
I don´t think it´s possible. Try adjust the detail level through your TV settings.

Anyway antialiasing will not solve your problem, it will make it worse! Antialias soften edges and image but it makes the image less detailed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • JefferyCuddletrousers @ JefferyCuddletrousers:
    yeah im confused but thanks all for trying to help haha
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think this Nyko PowerPak+ in my OG 3DS is starting to expand ever so slightly 😨 what a shame, to have to go back to an OG size battery soon.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators will be like that where it asks for a parent directory
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, 3ds batteries are fairly cheap just don't overspend on oem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Yeah I just like this massive extended battery lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember those psp batteries that came with bulged psp battery covers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    my PSP battery started swelling up AGES ago
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    As in I got rid of the battery when I noticed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People were hacking batteries just to cfw them
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got blocked.
    That's perfect.
    Anyway. I'm playing Dragon Ball Adventures from GBA.
    I got stuck in some part.
    Anyone played that game?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Only one I played was the DBZ trading card game game on the GBA
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sparking zero is looking pretty good but not $70 good
    okay
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    isn't sparking zero supposed to be accurate to their canon power too?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    meaning unlike dbfz a weaker character like nappa wouldn't stand a chance against someone stronger like broly
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    aaalllright then, i guess i should hit the hay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People are complaining about flying in it I'm like wut that's half of what it is
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People are complaining about flying in it I'm like wut that's half of what it is