Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
icebrg5 said:
Tried another rip and got the same results.

I think it was identical to the first rip i had because the amount of rar files matched up and everything.I guess i should have looked at that before downloading the whole thing.I knew i should have just went with a dvd9 rip of it instead lol

Oh well i got a gift card to the local video store so I'm just gonna stop in later and rent it then copy it over.That beats potentially wasting another 7GB+ on another download.It wouldn't be an issue if comcast didn't suck and put a 250gb cap per month on everyone.
250gb /month ... at least you don't have 60gb /month like I do. I'd have to pay like $150/m to get 250gb /month bandwidth

ScoobyDoo3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFG is on vacation, no 1 answers on the IRC channel or here. When its done its done. Seems to be the same on ModMii and Wiibackup. Seems like davebaol put them to sleep. But they are awesome programs!

Dravial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kylster: If you directed your question to me, I load from HDD, FAT partition, and use a wbfs partition for games.

To you cable users above, I have FiOS which is faster, and has no bandwidth cap
tongue.gif
(It's ok, I used to use cable too!)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got a WD MyPassport HDD from Best Buy and managed to successfully rip few games. Well, when I started to download a cover from Configurable USB Loader, it just sat there on the download screen for fifteen minutes; I was forced to reboot the Wii. Is there an easier way to download covers for the games ripped to the HDD?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ScoobyDoo3rd said:
CFG is on vacation, no 1 answers on the IRC channel or here. When its done its done. Seems to be the same on ModMii and Wiibackup. Seems like davebaol put them to sleep. But they are awesome programs!
You have to give us a bit of time in the IRC to answer your questions. We do have lives, you know...

Also, all the recent questions in the thread have dealt with people trying to get pirated backups working. You definitely won't get any help from me if it is clear you are a filthy pirate.

QUOTE(the_randomizer @ Jul 23 2011, 02:11 PM) So I just got a WD MyPassport HDD from Best Buy and managed to successfully rip few games. Well, when I started to download a cover from Configurable USB Loader, it just sat there on the download screen for fifteen minutes; I was forced to reboot the Wii. Is there an easier way to download covers for the games ripped to the HDD?
Try it again. Sometimes you'll just get a random hanging error.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use WiiBackupManager and in the setting set it up like CFG Loader; there will be an option to auto download covers and drop-down-box asking which USB loader you use. From there just copy the folder over to the correct spot on your SD or USB where ever you have CFG Loading from.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, I can't force Tenchu 4 to display in 480p, in my settings.cfg it appears:
video:system; video_patch:all

I change it through CFG settings (Wii)

My Wii system setting is 480p.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
OriginalHamster said:
Hi, I can't force Tenchu 4 to display in 480p, in my settings.cfg it appears:
video:system; video_patch:all

I change it through CFG settings (Wii)

My Wii system setting is 480p.
instead of system, try forcing specifically to ntsc

ScoobyDoo3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
ScoobyDoo3rd said:
You have to give us a bit of time in the IRC to answer your questions. We do have lives, you know...

Sorry, but when you are logged into the channel, it just seems that you can answer a question or log out or something saying you are away.

Also, all the recent questions in the thread have dealt with people trying to get pirated backups working. You definitely won't get any help from me if it is clear you are a filthy pirate.

I am not a filthy pirate, I have purchased every game that I have on CFG, I buy them NEW at Game Stop , Walmart, on Craigslist, Ebay, Yard Sales, etc. So when I ask a question about a game I have PURCHASED and it will not load, then I would think its a legit question. I know we have had our differences on certain request like the Ocarina cheats, that maybe something could be done to better it, you just said NO CFG will not have enough memory to support it. And yes I am a noob and ask about spinning disk and your response was to eject it and cut throat. So I am sorry if I have questions, In the beginning you have asked for users to inquire about ask question or give suggestions. I have always said you all are AWESOME and thank you for everything you have done.

QUOTE(the_randomizer @ Jul 23 2011, 02:11 PM) So I just got a WD MyPassport HDD from Best Buy and managed to successfully rip few games. Well, when I started to download a cover from Configurable USB Loader, it just sat there on the download screen for fifteen minutes; I was forced to reboot the Wii. Is there an easier way to download covers for the games ripped to the HDD?
Try it again. Sometimes you'll just get a random hanging error.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dravial said:
tongue.gif

Well **** you and the horse you rode in on!
biggrin.gif
I'm still waiting for Verizon to get off their asses and bring FiOS to my city. Third largest in the state, and Verizon skips us for a bunch of piddly little towns I've never even heard of before. Bastards.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DGenerateKane said:
Dravial said:
tongue.gif

Well **** you and the horse you rode in on!
biggrin.gif
I'm still waiting for Verizon to get off their asses and bring FiOS to my city. Third largest in the state, and Verizon skips us for a bunch of piddly little towns I've never even heard of before. Bastards.
Haha, so you think you are fast Dravial...my cable is faster..well, the downspeed is anyway.

Zesu-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really shouldn't have to make this post. Internet, you are a disappointment. And wiihacks.com, you are a bunch of pansies. And misleading pansies at that. And all you various website members out there who answer questions, you suck at it. Don't post if you're not answering the question. And don't post with incomplete information or cryptic terminology that only veterans understand. (This isn't directed at gbatemp. I only turned up like, one result from this site when I did a google search.)

Seriously, you're not going to believe what question I can't find the answer to. You'll laugh when you see it. But I swear this is true. Nobody can be bothered to give a straight answer, and wiihacks actually locks your thread for asking. You ready? Here it is:

HOW do I run cheats with this thing?
Seriously, all the obvious methods don't seem to work. I go into the cheat section, download cheats, put an X next to the cheat I want, save .gct, go back, activate Ocarina cheats, then press 2 to save settings. When I start up the game, the cheat isn't enabled. So I go back, and find that the cheat was unchecked for some reason. So I do the same thing again. But before starting the game, I go back... and the cheat has been un-freakin-checked again. WHY!?

So, HOW do I enable cheats? HOW do I select a cheat and make sure it STAYS selected after I leave the menu?

If your response is "Use a different program like USB Loader GX", SAVE IT. I do not want to freakin' hear it. Members on other websites gave responses like that. Those responses do not answer the question. If your response is "we do not support cheating here", shove off and quit being such a pansy. I don't know if cheating discussion is allowed here or not, but there's no reason it shouldn't be. Also, do not respond telling me how to use an independent cheat managing program. I'm using the goddamn one included with THIS program. I'm not downloading something else if it's not necessary. I hate downloading tons and tons of unnecessary extra programs just to get the simplest task done. So for the love of god, please only respond if you can tell me how to do exactly what it is that I'm trying to do, with exactly the tools that I already have.

I'm sorry I have to be so harsh, but I'm frickin' ticked off. There is NO excuse for this question not having an answer yet. It's asked EXTREMELY commonly online, and there are TONS of thread results for it. But EVERY FRICKIN' TIME a thread is posted, one or more of the following happens: They tell you to use GX instead, they tell you it's a good thing you can't get it to work because you're scum for cheating, they give you even more confusing programs to download that are designed just for cheats, or they tell you they don't support cheating and then close your thread. But the one thing they DON'T do is just answer the goddamn question. WHY!? WHY doesn't anybody have the curtosey to just answer the question? WHY does nobody seem to know how to get this to work? WHY doesn't wiihacks support cheats? That's a bloody misleading website title you have there, guys! That's like naming your website "dairy.com" and then forbidding the discussion of CHEESE!

I'm not even trying to do anything bad. There's a broken game mechanic that I want to fix. Something that makes it impossible for future players to unlock certain weapons that are supposed to be unlockable. And there's a cheat code that can fix that. I'm not trying to get an unfair advantage online. I'm not trying to breeze through a challenge. I'm just trying to make a game work properly.

So please, for the love of pete, just tell me how to get cheats to work, using Configurable USB Loader, and only Configurable USB Loader, and nothing else. PLEASE. Not just for my sake, but for the sake of the entire bloody internet. I can't take it anymore, and neither can they.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Zesu-chan: WOW that is a long RANT
biggrin.gif

Anyway, the steps you are doing are correct, download a cheat, select it and create a .gct then enable ocarina and a proper hook type. That is all.

However, it is true that once you have created the .gct it doesn't remember which cheats were enabled so if you enter the cheat management again all will be unselected and we are not going to fix that. But as long as you don't create the .gct again you're fine, because the cheat engine only uses the .gct file and not the .txt and it doesn't care what cheats are selected in the cheat management screen, it only cares what is in the .gct file.

clear enough?
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here