Hacking Configurable USB Loader

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I must b a fluke because I passed 500 games like a year ago lol I'm currently at 928(lill over 450 wiiware iso's)

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
nobody_tw said:
I have used the cfg usb loader for a long time.
Thanks oggzee for your great job.
yaywii.gif

I have a little problem about cfg today.
The number of games within setting.cfg file seems to have the limitation? (500, right?)
I can't setup any game again?

Can you fix this, or what I missed...
Thanks again

cfg usb loader v67c
game partition : both the ntfs and wbfs
Yes there is that limitation, I can raise it but I didn't think it would ever be necessary.
The idea was that the default game settings can be used by 95% of the games and you would need to save the settings only for the games that don't work with the default setup.
Looks like you have saved the setting for each game even if it is not changed compared to the default options?

I've been using GFG for awhile now with over a thousand games and have
only had to change the settings on... well, less than 10 games. I admit I
haven't tried them all but, so far, all are working great that I have tried.

If you have to change the settings on ALL your games it may be time to
consider changing your global settings to something a bit more compatible.
I simply use the default global settings.

@oggzee

Now that there's a cIOS that supports 4k sector size drives in FAT32 have
you considered updating CFG to offer FAT support for the new 4k sector
size drives? I would be glad to test at your convenience.

To be honest, there are only a handful of us using these new drives but it
would be appreciated. Right now, the only way to use these drives is with
WBFS. Ironic, isn't it? The only way to use the most modern drives on the
Wii is with an obsolete file system
smile.gif

alexdodd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
@oggzee
FYI cIOS d2x v4beta4 implements a "return to channel" feature fully compatible with all games.

I've installed the cios beta, and i'm awaiting the implementation to CFG, this sounds truly awesome!
biggrin.gif
Love the work all you guys put into these projects for he likes of myself and others. It really is a stellar job
smile.gif

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm trying mount a FAT1 drive on a friends wii (contains wbfs folder), it sees the partition but when I click mount I get this error

ERROR: USB/FAT mount WBFS1 (0)

Any help please?

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to put an admin unlock/lock button somewhere in the gui? Maybe in the settings section. That way I can just click "unlock" and enter the code, or hit "lock" to lock it again. Sometimes I just get tired of having to hold down the button for 10 seconds to bring it up - especially if I press a wrong button and enter the code wrong, have to go through the process all over again. If this is something that can already be done, I apologize, but I didn't see it as an option. Thanks.

Update: OK, so I see it under Settings -> System, but doesn't help me when I have the System option locked down to begin with. Is it possible to bring the admin lock button out of system into a place that can always be used, or maybe a way to have the options in the system are locked except for the admin lock feature? Maybe I need to take a look at the new Configurator...

Update2: So played around with configurator but guess currently I can't do what I'd like to do, which is have disable_options = 1, but still have a way to just have admin_unlock always usable (clickable) in the UI without having to hold the button.

KeizukeStarraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey oggzee, think for the next release, you can enable BOTH usb portsfor use with cfg? I have my games on multiple flash drives and I would appreciate it if you could make that happen.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
KeizukeStarraku said:
hey oggzee, think for the next release, you can enable BOTH usb portsfor use with cfg? I have my games on multiple flash drives and I would appreciate it if you could make that happen.
Using the other port requires changes to the IOS that has been installed. What you are suggesting is just not possible to do with changes to the loader alone.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
buddy said:
Would it be possible to put an admin unlock/lock button somewhere in the gui? Maybe in the settings section. That way I can just click "unlock" and enter the code, or hit "lock" to lock it again. Sometimes I just get tired of having to hold down the button for 10 seconds to bring it up - especially if I press a wrong button and enter the code wrong, have to go through the process all over again. If this is something that can already be done, I apologize, but I didn't see it as an option. Thanks.

Update: OK, so I see it under Settings -> System, but doesn't help me when I have the System option locked down to begin with. Is it possible to bring the admin lock button out of system into a place that can always be used, or maybe a way to have the options in the system are locked except for the admin lock feature? Maybe I need to take a look at the new Configurator...

Update2: So played around with configurator but guess currently I can't do what I'd like to do, which is have disable_options = 1, but still have a way to just have admin_unlock always usable (clickable) in the UI without having to hold the button.
Either:
- press and hold wiimote button 1
- or when pressing wiimote button A on settings gui button keep holding A.
let me know if that works or not.. it should.

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, those two methods work, but what I'm looking for is the possibility to not have to hold any buttons to bring up the admin unlock. I'd like to keep it child-proof, but at the same time, have the option to have the admin unlock button always enabled/showing somewhere just for quicker access.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
buddy said:
Right, those two methods work, but what I'm looking for is the possibility to not have to hold any buttons to bring up the admin unlock. I'd like to keep it child-proof, but at the same time, have the option to have the admin unlock button always enabled/showing somewhere just for quicker access.
Why is it important that you don't have to hold any button to get admin unlock?

ferjero989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
i been using cfg usb loader for a while.. but i havent checked the release notes of each version..since v39
can cfg usb loader work from ntfs now? (as in resource files/covers)
i currently have one fat32 with cfg usb loader and the covers, and a ntfs with the isos...
since yesterday (version 68) cfg usb loader freezes doing any file related task (cover download, witdb download, title.txt download) i wonder if is related to fat32 limits

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would just be quicker to click a button on the screen and enter the code, and like I said before, quicker to return to the unlock should I mess up the code the first time around. Not a big deal though.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ferjero989 said:
i been using cfg usb loader for a while.. but i havent checked the release notes of each version..since v39

yes cfg work with ntfs

QUOTE(ferjero989 @ May 12 2011, 06:37 PM) since yesterday (version 68) cfg usb loader freezes doing any file related task (cover download, witdb download, title.txt download) i wonder if is related to fat32 limits

no , fat 32 is not related with your issue

ferjero989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
zizer said:
ferjero989 said:

yes cfg work with ntfs

im going to rephrase to make sure i get the right answer to the right question:

Can cfg usb loader LOAD (boot.dol) from a ntfs partition and have its resources (usbloader folder with all the files inside included covers) be on a ntfs partition too?

im asking this, cuz this wasnt possible before.. the application needed to be on a fat partition..

Stigmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ferjero989 said:
zizer said:
ferjero989 said:

yes cfg work with ntfs

im going to rephrase to make sure i get the right answer to the right question:

Can cfg usb loader LOAD (boot.dol) from a ntfs partition and have its resources (usbloader folder with all the files inside included covers) be on a ntfs partition too?

im asking this, cuz this wasnt possible before.. the application needed to be on a fat partition..
Check out the official forwarder (linked in first post): CFG Forwarder
Worked flawless for me last I tried.

nobody_tw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi oggzee,
All the person who gave the opinions about setting of games using CFG.
They must be correct. but my situation is different with them
unsure.gif

My wii is J version, others must be E or P version.

I have softmoded a E version wii several months ago.
Indeed, It don't need too much setting about the games (E or P version).
(5% under, even less)
In opposite, It needs to set with the games (J version) mostly!!

Since I have 2 HDD, I have seperated the setting file to 2 parts.
It seems ok to me now.

Thanks to your great job again
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon