Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
SquareWheel said:
I've gone through the many settings in the configurator but I can't see how to change the code directory, is this possible? I'm trying to get the different USB loaders to play nicely and share their files.
You can't change the code directory. However, it uses the most common locations. Here's the info from README-CFG.txt:

ocarina cheat codes are searched in:
sd:/usb-loader/codes/*.gct
sd:/data/gecko/codes/*.gct
sd:/codes/*.gct
ocarina TXT cheat codes use the locations:
Downloaded to: sd:/usb-loader/codes/*.txt
Saved .gct to: sd:/usb-loader/codes/*.gct

QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Jun 29 2010, 06:45 PM) How about showing miis upon launch and just switch between config files on selection? Mii displaying is already possible.

And here are some added features related to this,

1. Extend parental control stuff so that one can lock his configuration to a password, selecting mii, entering password...
2. Saves can be tied to the mii profiles as well, but this requires a lot of code to be written and will be problematic if the procedure fails... Say before launching the game copy existing save to the home directory of whoever last played that game (could be tracked by saving a file into the game's actual save place) , copy user's save if he is different from whoever last played that game... blah blah...
Saves are definitely not going to be touched. It's too dangerous. The Mii thing doesn't sound that practical for the amount of work it would involve. What might be better for that functionality is multiple forwarders, or a specific forwarder that does the Mii and save stuff too. You can easily have multiple configs and settings by having multiple subdirectories of the apps folder (each forwarder looks for a different directory) with different copies of Cfg.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
tj_cool said:
Yeah, I had that idea too, but literally months back. Though I didn't think about using emulated NAND (which wasn't even possible then)
I'm sure lots of us had the pipe-dream of per user saves back then, but the advent of emulated nand makes it actually possible.

If it doesn't get incorporated into the loader, then a app (autoboot via bootmii/priiloader) that allows you to select a profile/mii, loads the emulated nand (from usb/sd) associated with that profile and carries on to load cfg maybe possible. Will need to look at uloader source to see how it is done.

If only nintendo had given us profiles to start with (even sony and ms managed it). Then again, with the 500mb of storage they put in the wii, it would've been almost useless.

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,

Can I make a suggestion for theme previews?

Can CFG download just few previews per-time (eg. 5-10 previews) and let the user decide if he wants or not to continue downloading the others?

I'm asking this because yesterday I would like to download some previews of few themes, but I had to wait CFG downloading all the previews.

Or, as another solution, there could be a specific button that, in Theme Menu, is used to download the preview of the selected theme. As an "on demand" download.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wiixale said:
Hi all,
Can CFG download just few previews per-time (eg. 5-10 previews) and let the user decide if he wants or not to continue downloading the others?
I guess we can add something similar to cover downloads : hold B to cancel download...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
WiiCrazy said:
How about showing miis upon launch and just switch between config files on selection? Mii displaying is already possible.

And here are some added features related to this,

1. Extend parental control stuff so that one can lock his configuration to a password, selecting mii, entering password...
2. Saves can be tied to the mii profiles as well, but this requires a lot of code to be written and will be problematic if the procedure fails... Say before launching the game copy existing save to the home directory of whoever last played that game (could be tracked by saving a file into the game's actual save place) , copy user's save if he is different from whoever last played that game... blah blah...
Saves are definitely not going to be touched. It's too dangerous. The Mii thing doesn't sound that practical for the amount of work it would involve. What might be better for that functionality is multiple forwarders, or a specific forwarder that does the Mii and save stuff too. You can easily have multiple configs and settings by having multiple subdirectories of the apps folder (each forwarder looks for a different directory) with different copies of Cfg.

The thing is you won't be customizing the drive settings, configurations for the actual games and so on, so it's quite unpractical having more than one app folder. And of course there are other issues as well like duplication of the dol... Forwarder was the initial idea actually seeing this would be a big step for cfg. Wish I had enough time to write one.

@All else : You don't need emulated nand for the save stuff to work. One just need to switch back and forth between sd and nand copying files when needed. And I don't think they are too dangerous to touch.. You won't be breaking the menu by doing something bad with the saves anyway... Though it's disputable if it would be useful or not since nearly all games already allows multiple profiles.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does the configurable usb loader support Ocarina Cheats the way usb Loader GX does? I like the way you can download them from within the gx loader settings. Also what about downloading covers the same way! can i do this through the the configurable usb loader? Also, if I wanted to install configurable usb loader, how would I uninstall usb Loader GX? Or could I just leave it on without any adverse effects??? Thanks guys

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
wiixale said:
Hi all,
I guess we can add something similar to cover downloads : hold B to cancel download...

Mmh... But, with this solution, if I want to download the preview of the eg. 24th theme in list, I have to download all the previous 23 ones, right?

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way I can get the Multi5 version of brawl working with this? I'm trying to convert the .iso to a wbfs file, but the Wii Backup Manager won't let me.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
TudorBlue said:
Does the configurable usb loader support Ocarina Cheats the way usb Loader GX does? I like the way you can download them from within the gx loader settings. Also what about downloading covers the same way! can i do this through the the configurable usb loader? Also, if I wanted to install configurable usb loader, how would I uninstall usb Loader GX? Or could I just leave it on without any adverse effects??? Thanks guys
Yes, you can download and manage cheats. It's in the options menu for the games (push 1). Yes, you can download covers. Go to the global options menu (push 1 twice) and its obvious which option to select. There are no adverse effects to having them both on the SD card, or having forwarders for both loaders on the Wii (except the small amount of space, I guess).

Make sure you install Cfg properly. A simple set of instructions is here. And taking a look at README-CFG or the options helper page is a good idea.

QUOTE(wiixale @ Jun 30 2010, 12:07 AM) Mmh... But, with this solution, if I want to download the preview of the eg. 24th theme in list, I have to download all the previous 23 ones, right?
You would, yes. One thing to note is that the loader won't download previews that it already has, so it is a one time only delay. If that's still not enough, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make it on demand, though. E.g., adding theme_previews=display_only and if you push 1 in the theme menu, it downloads a preview image for the current theme (or updates the image if one is there already).

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
wiixale said:
Mmh... But, with this solution, if I want to download the preview of the eg. 24th theme in list, I have to download all the previous 23 ones, right?
You would, yes. One thing to note is that the loader won't download previews that it already has, so it is a one time only delay. If that's still not enough, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make it on demand, though. E.g., adding theme_previews=display_only and if you push 1 in the theme menu, it downloads a preview image for the current theme (or updates the image if one is there already).

You could have it download a specific number of previews. If a person would like to increase the number of previews CFG downloads at one time you could make a variable in the config file. E.g "limit_preview_downloads = 20" ("limit_preview_downloads = 0" would download all previews at once).

girtsn

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all. I have a problem with my ATV OCZ 32GB flash drive. When trying to use it with the loader, the loader just starts flashing the light of the usb flash drive and nothing is loaded.
I have ATV OCZ 16GB - everything works fine.

I even have tried splitting the flash drive in 2 FAT partitions, even one of them sized 15GB (less than the 16GB that works fine) - still no success.

kokogray

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very Thanks first.

I installed latest and launching Configurable Loader.
but I have problem that show question marks(???) instead of all characters except some english menu.

so How can I do after ??

I have Korean wii.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
kokogray said:
Very Thanks first.

I installed latest and launching Configurable Loader.
but I have problem that show question marks(???) instead of all characters except some english menu.

so How can I do after ??

I have Korean wii.
add "load_unifont=1" to config.txt and ensure you have unifont.dat in the base directory (typically, sd:/usb-loader). If you don't have unifont.dat, follow these instructions to reinstall Cfg, then add the line to config.txt.

rahoul102

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is like the best loader for usb.
thanks to the people who helped make it.

btw does anyone need a channel for it?

*My 100th post*
yay.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
rahoul102 said:
this is like the best loader for usb.
thanks to the people who helped make it.

btw does anyone need a channel for it?

*My 100th post*
yay.gif
There's already a good forwarder channel linked in the first post and there is no need for a full or hybrid channel.

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way I can get the Multi 5 version of brawl working with this? I'm trying to convert the .iso to a wbfs file, but the Wii Backup Manager won't let me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1