Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rudedoggx said:
Is there any way I can get the Multi 5 version of brawl working with this? I'm trying to convert the .iso to a wbfs file, but the Wii Backup Manager won't let me.

Wii Backup Manager is a great app, but have you also tried Wii Game Manager?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=199151

It can also convert a .iso file into a .wbfs file. I tested and can confirm that they both output exactly the same wbfs file (hash checked). Try it, maybe it will work for you. If it doesn't work either, my guess is you have a bad iso.

P.S. Wii Backup Manager is more complete, though, since it can also work with .ciso file. Don't get rid of it.

Edit: Almost forgot... This game is dual layer. The resulting .wbfs file is something like 6 or 7 GB, if I remember correctly. Either use no-split file (NTFS) or splitted at the 4GB mark (FAT32).

lsk0754

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi~CFG Team,I use the ZHCN Name,but every game's name is on the left....
how can i change the name on the Center?
Sorry,my english is poor...

017.png

peppers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know somebody brings this up every once in a wile but I am curious as to why ether is not not been done or cannot be done. I'm talking about Gamecube games off a USB loader.

The wii's processor and gpu are fully compatible with the gamecube. It should be possible to preform any necessary task in order to get gamecube software to work that the Wii would normally do when its in gamecube mode in software, right?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are the odds of CFG supporting nand emulation? i would love to be able to store all my rock band dlc on a vNAND and have cfg use that nand. is there any future for this in cfg?

i can't use uloader as i opted for ntfs. i love cfg so much. sometimes i boot it just to look at it....

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
wiixale said:
Mmh... But, with this solution, if I want to download the preview of the eg. 24th theme in list, I have to download all the previous 23 ones, right?
You would, yes. One thing to note is that the loader won't download previews that it already has, so it is a one time only delay. If that's still not enough, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make it on demand, though. E.g., adding theme_previews=display_only and if you push 1 in the theme menu, it downloads a preview image for the current theme (or updates the image if one is there already).

I didn't thought that CFG doesn't re-download the themes previews that it already has.

It is enough, for me.
smile.gif

Thanks for support.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I don't know if this is reported, but:
If you activate Write Playlog with Sin & Punishment 2 (NTSC), after play it, when you go the Wii Message Board, there isn't a name for the game (appear a blank space and the time).
Something like this:

QUOTE said:
Twilight Princess
(1:23)

(0:15)
Smash Bros. Brawl
(2:33)

Is a bug or what?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
TyRaNtM said:
If you activate Write Playlog with Sin & Punishment 2 (NTSC), after play it, when you go the Wii Message Board, there isn't a name for the game (appear a blank space and the time).
Something like this:

QUOTE said:
Twilight Princess

Smash Bros. Brawl

Is a bug or what?
This could be language related. Is your Wii's language set to English? Does the game display the correct text when you launch from the disc channel?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
what are the odds of CFG supporting nand emulation? i would love to be able to store all my rock band dlc on a vNAND and have cfg use that nand. is there any future for this in cfg?

i can't use uloader as i opted for ntfs. i love cfg so much. sometimes i boot it just to look at it....
its their opinion that it only benefits pirates.

their loader, their call.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Dr. Clipper said:
TyRaNtM said:
Something like this:

QUOTE said:
Twilight Princess

Smash Bros. Brawl

Is a bug or what?
This could be language related. Is your Wii's language set to English? Does the game display the correct text when you launch from the disc channel?

I have a NTSC console, with Spanish as default language. I don't have that problem with others games, only with Sin & Punishment 2 (USA).
I will test if changing in Wii menu the language show if that is the reason. But, is still weird.
EDIT: As you say, works fine with setting the default language to English, but if I setting to Spanish, shows no name, like the example before.
Can you fix that?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
TyRaNtM said:
I have a NTSC console, with Spanish as default language. I don't have that problem with others games, only with Sin & Punishment 2 (USA).
I will test if changing in Wii menu the language show if that is the reason. But, is still weird.
EDIT: As you say, works fine with setting the default language to English, but if I setting to Spanish, shows no name, like the example before.
Can you fix that?
Does S&P 2 support Spanish language? If not, use the per-game options to force the language to English and then the title selection should use the English title for the game. If so, I guess we might need to make another work around.

In case you don't understand the issue, every game has several versions of the title of the game in its header. Each of these is for different languages. The write_playlog code uses the language you have set on the language option (or the console's language setting if it is set to the default of console) to determine which one of those titles to use. I'm pretty sure this is what the Wii Menu does with the game played from disc too, but it probably has a way of testing if the game supports the console language before launching the game.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Dr. Clipper said:
TyRaNtM said:
Can you fix that?
Does S&P 2 support Spanish language? If not, use the per-game options to force the language to English and then the title selection should use the English title for the game. If so, I guess we might need to make another work around.

In case you don't understand the issue, every game has several versions of the title of the game in its header. Each of these is for different languages. The write_playlog code uses the language you have set on the language option (or the console's language setting if it is set to the default of console) to determine which one of those titles to use. I'm pretty sure this is what the Wii Menu does with the game played from disc too, but it probably has a way of testing if the game supports the console language before launching the game.

Yes, support spanish. The language that you set in Wii, is the language that Sin & Punishment 2 has.
As you say, i think that is a issue in the code, can you try to fix that?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
peppers said:
because its just a useless name on a gameplay log.

You may be right in your statement, but all of us want to enjoy cfg loader in the same way as everyone else. When cfg team releases an update is for everyone's enjoyment, not to a specific public. Is true that it may be insignificant, but I think some people don't want to feel kinda left out because of their language. I think that is Tyrant's case who have worked hard specifically in cfg's loader spanish translation.

*ps* Tyrantm if you feel my statement is wrong you can correct me anytime.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Burton said:
peppers said:
because its just a useless name on a gameplay log.

You may be right in your statement, but all of us want to enjoy cfg loader in the same way as everyone else. When cfg team releases an update is for everyone's enjoyment, not to a specific public. Is true that it may be insignificant, but I think some people don't want to feel kinda left out because of their language. I think that is Tyrant's case who have worked hard specifically in cfg's loader spanish translation.

*ps* Tyrantm if you feel my statement is wrong you can correct me anytime.

Yeah, you are right. This is a "little" bug, but IS a bug. I describe it here to help developers to fix this class of bugs that can be bigger in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!