Country
pccfatman said:
Yet another update to Simple WBFS File Manager to version 2.2.0.0

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KBK06WQ2

Added yet more error checking
Added re-split .wbfs to/from 4gb/2gb
Added option to delete .iso/.wbfs files
Added option to delete games from WBFS partition
Added region display for .wbfs, .iso, and WBFS partition games (16 known region codes, anything else is displayed as Other)
Added option to create 2gb/4gb split .wbfs from .iso
Added some error message display for certain items if they fail
Added confirmation prompts for delete and re-split functions
Added titles.txt download and use to display titles
Added a spiffy splash screen
smile.gif

Fixed bug in the create info file routine that would fail if there was a space in the directory name
Fixed minor non-critical errors such as incorrect spelling
Changed some wording in certain menus to be more clear
Fixed stupid error where an error message would pop up behind the program and could not be clicked

A few other minor things i'm too tired to remember
smile.gif

Still to come, multi-file processing. So you can extract/convert multiple games with one command. Yes I know its a pain to work with one file at a time, I'm working on it
smile.gif

YDA, keep up the good work, i hate DOS command so your app is very handy, hope you get multi support working ok

dacore84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
montymintypie said:
The new versions have a built in fix for NSMB, no idea about Sports Resort.

Thank you very much for clarifying.

baffle-boy said:
1. there IS a patch for NSMB for both the PAL and NTSC version i think

2. i think you have to change the "alt-dol" option in the loader to get the game to work, but there is no need for using wiiscrubber.

1: I have the PAL release from Bahamut and the PAL fix from IND. I´ve seen that IND released a "PROPER" fix for the NTSC version but none for the PAL. Is that because the PAL fix release is actually working or are the PROPER NTSC fix relase also working with the PAL iSO?

2: But if I use the "alt-dol" option. Don´t I need to choose an other .dol file then? Isn´t that the .dol file I get by using Wiiscrubber and then patch the .dol file?

QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ Nov 23 2009, 04:58 AM)
The solution for playing Wii Sports Resort is to pop your original discs in and watch the video at the start of the game once. It will work in the loader again from then on.

Don't have original discs? Then figure out the other work around for yourself (besides, you've already been given the answer, and should have remembered it from when you first did it anyway).

Was this meant for me? I haven´t asked this before..

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Don't have original discs?
Everyone has the original discs as here are no pirates
wink.gif

QUOTE(pepxl @ Nov 23 2009, 12:40 PM) i hate DOS command so your app is very handy, hope you get multi support working ok
I don't know about any wbfs tool which works on DOS, only command line on windows, but DOS?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dacore84 said:
Only partially. I just get sick of the endless questions dealing with the same things from pirates that can't be bothered to do any research. If you're getting games for free, don't expect to get your info on how to play them for free with a smile if it's already been mentioned multiple times for months how to fix these problems.

Case in point, the alt dol thing hasn't needed you to extract any sort of file since July. It was made even easier in September with the removal of the word "disc" from the feature to stop confusion and misinformation from people who made assumptions rather than reading anything about the feature.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
mousex said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Don't have original discs?
Everyone has the original discs as here are no pirates
wink.gif

QUOTE(pepxl @ Nov 23 2009, 12:40 PM) i hate DOS command so your app is very handy, hope you get multi support working ok
I don't know about any wbfs tool which works on DOS, only command line on windows, but DOS?

i actuall ment command line when i hit add repy but didnt change it, but they at least you get ppl like you correcting everyone lol

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wbfs_file 1.8
wbfs_file_1.8.zip
Included sources and binaries for windows, linux and macosx
This release is just minor cosmetic changes, no functionality change.

Changes:

v1.8:
* Included resplit.bat in the package

* If the -s size is not 32kb aligned print only a warning instead of error.
(It still has to be sector aligned or it will print an error)

* Changed error message when reading inconsistent .wbfs files or partitions
ERROR: reading 524288 [32768] from wbfs
Probably corrupted. Use -f to force
to:
ERROR: reading 524288 [32768] from wbfs
Possibly corrupted. Use -g to copy only game partition
Unless -g is already specified in which case the original message is
displayed. This is so that if only the update partition is corrupted
one can still safely copy the game partition without risking corruption.

Added to readme.txt:

Q: How to re-split the existing 2gb split files to 4gb split files?
A: Use the included resplit.bat batch file. But first it has to be
edited with proper locations for the 2 variables on top of the file:
set WBFS_DIR=I:\wbfs
set TEMP_DIR=D:\temp
Only the games that need to be resplit will be processed, so those
that are already a single .wbfs file will not be touched and those
that already use the 4gb-32kb split size will also not be touched.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
.wip is planned

we're using libogc 1.7.1 and have no code dump problems, at least none that i know of.

Good. If you have memory problems, you can try my libogc mod. On TriiForce there is not enough memory to load the .dols of some games into buffers, because libogc 1.7.x does not use mem2.

dacore84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
dacore84 said:
Only partially. I just get sick of the endless questions dealing with the same things from pirates that can't be bothered to do any research. If you're getting games for free, don't expect to get your info on how to play them for free with a smile if it's already been mentioned multiple times for months how to fix these problems.

Case in point, the alt dol thing hasn't needed you to extract any sort of file since July. It was made even easier in September with the removal of the word "disc" from the feature to stop confusion and misinformation from people who made assumptions rather than reading anything about the feature.

You actually accusing me of piracy? I BOUGHT Wii Sports Resort including the Wii Motion Plus 2 days ago for my hard earned money (I have also bought NSMB). Do you want picture proof or what? I only download games I already bought so I can keep the originals in plastic and use the USB Loader instead because I´m fat and don´t want to loose any weight by moving and changing disc. But if that´s piracy, then fine.

Didn´t you read my post before start flamming? I have searched but the questions wasn´t answered as far I can see. Of course I could have missed it with these 373 pages.
Wasn´t it easier to just ignore my post or maybe redirect me to the post that answered my question?

But thank you for your answer. I wasn´t sure if I had to use an unique .dol for each game or if the loader had an universal one that worked for all games from the beginning.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dacore84 said:
You actually accusing me of piracy? I BOUGHT Wii Sports Resort including the Wii Motion Plus 2 days ago for my hard earned money (I have also bought NSMB). Do you want picture proof or what? I only download games I already bought so I can keep the originals in plastic and use the USB Loader instead because I´m fat and don´t want to loose any weight by moving and changing disc. But if that´s piracy, then fine.
Downloading .ISOs of games you already own is still piracy. The only way that isn't (depending on your location) is making your own backups, which is incredibly easy to do with your own disc and the Wii. Besides, you discussed downloading several different .ISO releases with various regions and patches and so on. You can't blame someone for jumping to conclusions with that.

QUOTE said:
Didn´t you read my post before start flamming? I have searched but the questions wasn´t answered as far I can see. Of course I could have missed it with these 373 pages.
Wasn´t it easier to just ignore my post or maybe redirect me to the post that answered my question?
Sorry, I did assume you would have at least read README-CFG.txt. Or done a quick Google search. And I did say the post was only partially aimed at you. It was much more squarely aimed at the other post immediately after yours asking the question without any apparent knowledge of how they used the alternate dol method the first time.

By the way, I did give you the answer in my original post. You asked if you had to use Wii Scrubber to get the .dol. My answer was that you could just use your original disc, which is actually easier than the alt dol technique. I also gave an answer to the question about the easier alt dol method, albeit indirectly. The link in my sig to learn about Configurable USB Loader has a nice page dedicated to the technique.

But thank you for your answer. I wasn´t sure if I had to use an unique .dol for each game or if the loader had an universal one that worked for all games from the beginning.
Not to attack you, but that's not how it works. The loader automatically finds any other .dols within the image on the drive and gives you a choice of which file to run.

dacore84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
dacore84 said:
Downloading .ISOs of games you already own is still piracy. The only way that isn't (depending on your location) is making your own backups, which is incredibly easy to do with your own disc and the Wii. Besides, you discussed downloading several different .ISO releases with various regions and patches and so on. You can't blame someone for jumping to conclusions with that.

What iSOs did I talk about? I talked about Bahamuts release of NSMB and the patches/fixes for that one. What others are you talking about?

Dr. Clipper said:
Sorry, I did assume you would have at least read README-CFG.txt. Or done a quick Google search. And I did say the post was only partially aimed at you. It was much more squarely aimed at the other post immediately after yours asking the question without any apparent knowledge of how they used the alternate dol method the first time.

By the way, I did give you the answer in my original post. You asked if you had to use Wii Scrubber to get the .dol. My answer was that you could just use your original disc, which is actually easier than the alt dol technique. I also gave an answer to the question about the easier alt dol method, albeit indirectly. The link in my sig to learn about Configurable USB Loader has a nice page dedicated to the technique.

Yeah but since my disc is still in plastic I didn´t want to open it and instead get the .dol-file on another way. I didn´t see any info about the alt dol in your first post since you wrote:

"The solution for playing Wii Sports Resort is to pop your original discs in and watch the video at the start of the game once. It will work in the loader again from then on.

Don't have original discs? Then figure out the other work around for yourself (besides, you've already been given the answer, and should have remembered it from when you first did it anyway)."

dacore84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
QUOTE said:
Not to attack you, but that's not how it works. The loader automatically finds any other .dols within the image on the drive and gives you a choice of which file to run.

Thank you for clarifying that!

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
malapo said:
when i download the game covers by the usb loader it doesnt save... the next time i load up the usb loader the game image is blank and i have to download it again
check your SD, maybe it is write protected...

gil21 said:
did this usb loader support fat format?
are you kidding?

QUOTE(gil21 @ Nov 24 2009, 12:11 AM)
what program to put the game? thx
check the first post, you may use wbfs_file (latest version is 1.8) or Simple WBFS File Manager v2.2...

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well same for me it won't download the covers.. It says failed to make a directory or something..And its tried to save on usb and sd.. Doesn't work.. and the write lock isn't on..Btw I have my games on a fat partition.. on usb.

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
.wip is planned
Is .gpf support planned too? I have a lot of games that seem to have .gpf files for trainers and stuff,and I'd like to use them...without having to load Gecko OS and putting in the disk(Its hard to get to my wii in my room,so USB saves time,and my back).
tongue.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
justinrocks123 said:
Well same for me it won't download the covers.. It says failed to make a directory or something..And its tried to save on usb and sd.. Doesn't work.. and the write lock isn't on..Btw I have my games on a fat partition.. on usb.
Make sure you have the sd:/usb-loader or usb:/usb-loader directory present with the contents from the zip file release, which includes covers, themes and other subdirectories.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
gil21 said:
what the diferent between normat boot dol and fat dol
The normal one has "ios=249", "partition=WBFS1" and "hide_hddinfo=0" as defaults; the fat one has "ios=222-mload", "partition=FAT1" and "hide_hddinfo=1". Each is also slightly optimised to load its default IOS first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-dc2WPa7eA