Hacking Configurable USB Loader

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Anti002 fix won't cause problems when you activate it (even when the game doesn't need it)
And Anti will automatically enable the "normal" 002fix

Anti-002 attempts to stop the internal 002 fixing of older cIOSes...hence the name "anti". But guess what? Rev14 has no internal 002 fix method (it was removed in favor of the loader itself handling the fixing) and anti-002 is doing absolutely nothing for you with this cIOS (and rev 13a for that matter). Will it cause problems? Not sure. But it is indeed an option that does not have to be enabled at all is using Rev13a or Rev14.

This has been discussed to death at this point. This is why Anti-002 was removed from Neogamma R7....and why R7 is only compatible with Rev14. WiiPower removed the option because too many people did not understand what it was intended for.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
zektor said:
tj_cool said:
Anti002 fix won't cause problems when you activate it (even when the game doesn't need it)
And Anti will automatically enable the "normal" 002fix
Anti-002 attempts to stop the internal 002 fixing of older cIOSes...hence the name "anti". But guess what? Rev14 has no internal 002 fix method (it was removed in favor of the loader itself handling the fixing) and anti-002 is doing absolutely nothing for you with this cIOS (and rev 13a for that matter). Will it cause problems? Not sure. But it is indeed an option that does not have to be enabled at all is using Rev13a or Rev14.
There are 2 versions of 002 fix (002fix and 002b fix)
002 is the bad one in old cIOS, 002b is the good one in most loaders
Anti Disables 002 fix and enables 002b fix, so there is a use for it
wink2.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
There are 2 versions of 002 fix (002fix and 002b fix)
002 is the bad one in old cIOS, 002b is the good one in most loaders
Anti Disables 002 fix and enables 002b fix, so there is a use for it
wink2.gif

Absolutely there is a use for it, in cIOSes prior to rev14
wink.gif

Don't believe me? Unpack the CFG archive to a fresh SD card and run it without adjusting any setting at all. You'll be able to run any game, except for those that require alt.dol method which would need to be enabled of course....and those games that just do not work in any loader (COD3, Sam and Max, Splinter Cell). Of course if you are running games from a different region you would again have to go back and adjust settings for those appropriately, but that is not what we are talking about here. Bottom line is that anti-002 is completely unnecessary for rev14. It is in there so that people with rev10 and the like can still run games like Ghostbusters.

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing this, none of my games have box art. I ripped my games straight to my usb hard drive via the wii. And then I plugged the hard drive into my PC and booted up WBFS manager 'cause I thought it was supposed to download box art for the games I'd put on it. The box art shows up in WBFS's gui, but not when I plug the hard drive back into my Wii. What do I need to do to be able to view the box art on my Wii?

Ramzee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
claudekennilol said:
What do I need to do to be able to view the box art on my Wii?
Select game then choose,
Game Options / Cover Image - Right on direction pad to download individual game artwork.
or select
Global Options / Download All Missing Covers - Right on direction pad to download all missing game artwork.

Left on the direction pad will re-download existing images as well.

Offline method is to download covers using your PC and add them manually to SD:\usb-loader\covers

Read README-CFG.txt for the full details.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
claudekennilol said:
After installing this, none of my games have box art. I ripped my games straight to my usb hard drive via the wii. And then I plugged the hard drive into my PC and booted up WBFS manager 'cause I thought it was supposed to download box art for the games I'd put on it. The box art shows up in WBFS's gui, but not when I plug the hard drive back into my Wii. What do I need to do to be able to view the box art on my Wii?

The boxart that you downloaded with your PC *resides* on your PC! That is why you are not seeing them in the loader!
smile.gif

Boot up config, press "1" and pres "1" again, and select to download covers. You need your Wii set up for internet access.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
claudekennilol said:
I don't have wireless access where I now live. That's why I need to do it from my PC, do I have any options?
Go to WiiTDB.com and download the covers you need. You will at least need the full covers (or full HQ) for each game as well as the flat covers (and you can download the 3d covers too if you like). WiiTDB has packs on the front page if you just want to download them all at once. You then want to follow the following steps:

1. Start Cfg Loader, push 1 twice and check where on the SD card or USB drive that your Base Directory is (I'll call it from now on). It will probably be sd:/usb-loader
2. Put the flat covers into the /covers directory.
3. Put the full covers into the /full directory.
4. Put the 3d covers (if you downloaded them) into the /3d directory.
5. Start the loader and you should now have box art in both the console and the gui modes.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
Hermes ehcmodule has just been updated to include the following:

- Added improved error ehcmodule to avoid -1202

http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/wii/uloader_v3.0C.rar

Just a heads up to oggzee, should it be updated in an upcoming CFG version
smile.gif
In the meantime, we should just get the ehcmodule.elf and rename it to ehcmodule4.elf and place it in the base directory.

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I see the full packs on the front page, but after thumbing through a profile for a few individual games, I don't see how to download the box art for just one game at a time..

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
claudekennilol said:
Thanks. I see the full packs on the front page, but after thumbing through a profile for a few individual games, I don't see how to download the box art for just one game at a time..
Right click...Save Image. You can use the "CCFFDD" lists in the search lists to get the files easier too. Look at the base of the pages for info about what they mean.

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, finally the flashing issue had been resolved.
All I did was restore my backup nand.
Then only to find out it was cIOS 222/223 rev4 that caused it.
Anyways thank you for all your help.

HeBeertje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really love this loader; it's the best I could find anywhere. And as of v40 even more games are working!

I've got a suggestion, too. I have no idea how hard -if even possible- it is to implement, but it would be nice if you could also scroll through the list of games using the nunchuck. It has a very natural feel
smile.gif
Also, is it possible to have any chosen alternate.dol saved with the game options? So that you won't have to select which alternate .dol you want to extract from the .iso every time?

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
HeBeertje said:
I really love this loader; it's the best I could find anywhere. And as of v40 even more games are working!

I've got a suggestion, too. I have no idea how hard -if even possible- it is to implement, but it would be nice if you could also scroll through the list of games using the nunchuck. It has a very natural feel
smile.gif
and for the guitars, as well
smile.gif

QUOTE(HeBeertje @ Sep 25 2009, 03:04 PM) Also, is it possible to have any chosen alternate.dol saved with the game options? So that you won't have to select which alternate .dol you want to extract from the .iso every time?
you can save settings for alternate .dols per game.
smile.gif

HeBeertje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
smile.gif

Perhaps it's because I use the v40 channel version, because I can't find that option.

I can't for the life of me get the forwarder to work with the boot.dol on my harddrive (in usb:/apps/usbloader_cfg/). It does recognize the file, meaning it doesn't complain about the boot.dol not being found, but it says something like 'unable to initialise USB device'.
But v40 works very good, too. I'm really very happy with it.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
HeBeertje said:
QUOTE said:
smile.gif

Perhaps it's because I use the v40 channel version, because I can't find that option.

I can't for the life of me get the forwarder to work with the boot.dol on my harddrive (in usb:/apps/usbloader_cfg/). It does recognize the file, meaning it doesn't complain about the boot.dol not being found, but it says something like 'unable to initialise USB device'.
But v40 works very good, too. I'm really very happy with it.
Even in v40 you could save it. Start the game with alt dol selected as disc and you get the choice of dol. It then says something like "Press A to start game or 2 to save dol". It's even easier in v43 to save dols with the new selection procedure, so hurry up and upgrade
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://www.temu.com/funny-seafood-phone-case-creative-crab-lobster-phone-case-for-iphone-14-13-1...