Hacking Configurable USB Loader

HeBeertje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Even in v40 you could save it. Start the game with alt dol selected as disc and you get the choice of dol. It then says something like "Press A to start game or 2 to save dol". It's even easier in v43 to save dols with the new selection procedure, so hurry up and upgrade
tongue.gif

Found it! Thanks so much! But yeah, I'd love to upgrade... I just can't get the forwarder to work, that's why I stuck with the channel version. How hard is it to create a channel out of a wad anyway? I never tried that, maybe I should look into that.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HeBeertje said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Even in v40 you could save it. Start the game with alt dol selected as disc and you get the choice of dol. It then says something like "Press A to start game or 2 to save dol". It's even easier in v43 to save dols with the new selection procedure, so hurry up and upgrade
tongue.gif

Found it! Thanks so much! But yeah, I'd love to upgrade... I just can't get the forwarder to work, that's why I stuck with the channel version. How hard is it to create a channel out of a wad anyway? I never tried that, maybe I should look into that.

Hang in there. Hybrid Channel is complete and just waiting for the next release of CFG (with a certain bug fixed) and it'll be released.....very soon
smile.gif

HeBeertje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Hang in there. Hybrid Channel is complete and just waiting for the next release of CFG (with a certain bug fixed) and it'll be released.....very soon
smile.gif

I've been checking out what Hybrid Channel is, and it sounds really interesting! As I understand, it's like a forwarder that acts as a channel when the dol file isn't found? It would be so cool if that would work out
biggrin.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
HeBeertje said:
zektor said:
smile.gif

I've been checking out what Hybrid Channel is, and it sounds really interesting! As I understand, it's like a forwarder that acts as a channel when the dol file isn't found? It would be so cool if that would work out
biggrin.gif
It already works (check the first post for it). The one that is releasing soon also allows you to select IOS222 at startup instead of 249, but you don't necessarily require it.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
HeBeertje said:
zektor said:
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
It already works (check the first post for it). The one that is releasing soon also allows you to select IOS222 at startup instead of 249, but you don't necessarily require it.

Yeah, I suppose I should have specified that the "new" Hybrid channel is complete, that allows you to pass the command to send the loader into either IOS222, 223, or 249 on boot (for both the internal dol and the forwarded dol). But, the last Hybrid release is indeed on the first page and should be fine for you
smile.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
zektor said:
Dr. Clipper said:
HeBeertje said:
zektor said:
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Yeah, I suppose I should have specified that the "new" Hybrid channel is complete, that allows you to pass the command to send the loader into either IOS222, 223, or 249 on boot (for both the internal dol and the forwarded dol). But, the last Hybrid release is indeed on the first page and should be fine for you
smile.gif

Would you please release the dol file ? Thanks !

HeBeertje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And... It works! I don't know what's different, but the forwarder included in the Hybrid Channel actually sees my harddrive! Used the online upgrade function to get to 44a, restarted, and there it was! All my utmost favorite things, all working!

Thanks everybody!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v44b (beta)

http://sharebee.com/e089a704
(or online update)

QUOTE said:
* Updated ehcmodule for CIOS 222/223 rev4 to uloader 3.0C
* Fixed ios argument from forwarder
* Option: sort_ignore=A,An,The
(sort_ignore=0 for old sort method)
* Show clock in GUI mode if wiimote doesn't point at screen for 5 seconds
* Skip gui transition at start
* changed default: gui_text_outline=FF
* Minor unicode fixes
(cursor=? now possible)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
New sorting works great. Twilight Princess now sorts under L as it should, without me needing to change titles.txt to move the 'the' to the end.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HeBeertje said:
And... It works! I don't know what's different, but the forwarder included in the Hybrid Channel actually sees my harddrive! Used the online upgrade function to get to 44a, restarted, and there it was! All my utmost favorite things, all working!

Thanks everybody!

It includes USB forwarding as of v43, that is why
smile.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
Would you please release the dol file ? Thanks !

Dol in bold, eh?
smile.gif
Just take the release dol, download the hybrid source released by Narolez a page or two back, add and compile. My intent is releasing a channel hybrid.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
cfg v44b (beta)

(or online update)

QUOTE said:
* Minor unicode fixes
(cursor=? now possible)

Thank you so much for your help and testing oggzee
smile.gif

Configurable USB Loader Hybrid v44b:

http://sharebee.com/47975643

I was just going to wait until v44 final hit, but it works now and it has been literally weeks working with this thing. MUCH help from Narolez, as well as oggzee. The channel is now as good as I think it'll ever get, with SD and USB forwarding...as well as passing arguments to both the dol you are forwarding to as well as the internal dol. I got sick and tired of using someone else's channel, so I did up my own. It is not animated, it is basic. Love it or hate it. I asked for someone to donate a little time make up a good channel, but I got not a single PM
frown.gif
No big deal tho...I think for the most part it looks decent and serves the purpose. Download and you be the judge
smile.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
zektor said:
oggzee said:
cfg v44b (beta)

(or online update)

QUOTE said:
* Minor unicode fixes
(cursor=? now possible)

Thank you so much for your help and testing oggzee
smile.gif

Configurable USB Loader Hybrid v44b:

http://sharebee.com/47975643

I was just going to wait until v44 final hit, but it works now and it has been literally weeks working with this thing. MUCH help from Narolez, as well as oggzee. The channel is now as good as I think it'll ever get, with SD and USB forwarding...as well as passing arguments to both the dol you are forwarding to as well as the internal dol. I got sick and tired of using someone else's channel, so I did up my own. It is not animated, it is basic. Love it or hate it. I asked for someone to donate a little time make up a good channel, but I got not a single PM
frown.gif
No big deal tho...I think for the most part it looks decent and serves the purpose. Download and you be the judge
smile.gif

Would you pleeeease release the dol file ? Thanks.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:

QUOTE(Narolez @ Sep 24 2009, 08:02 AM) Hard work with this DSI.
wink.gif
Wii developing is so frustrating
biggrin.gif

Here is the latest - real final - hybrid source: < http://github.com/Narolez/NForwarderHybrid >

Feel free to use it.

The NForwarder follows ...

Add the latest v44b to the hybrid source and compile. Not very difficult. As stated before, my intent is not to release a dol. Weren't you the same guy that told me my channel was basically worthless some pages back in this thread? I thought I remembered the name...

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zektor said:
Add the latest v44b to the hybrid source and compile. Not very difficult. As stated before, my intent is not to release a dol. Weren't you the same guy that told me my channel was basically worthless some pages back in this thread? I thought I remembered the name...

Could you write a little instructions how to compile the forwarder please?
laugh.gif

What do I need? Only DevKitPro? And then?

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
zektor said:
TeenTin said:

QUOTE(Narolez @ Sep 24 2009, 08:02 AM) Hard work with this DSI.
wink.gif
Wii developing is so frustrating
biggrin.gif

Here is the latest - real final - hybrid source: < http://github.com/Narolez/NForwarderHybrid >

Feel free to use it.

The NForwarder follows ...

hehe...

no big deal...

hehe...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
laurozza said:
There is a way to customize or remove the intro splash screen?
Not at the moment. It can't be done via config.txt as it is read too late during the boot process. I made some suggestions earlier in the thread about how it could be done, but it seems nobody was really that interested in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Veho, let @AncientBoi fix it