Hacking Configurable USB Loader

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dochog said:
=Ok, what am I missing to get my music files to work. I can get it to work with just one file. music = song1.mp3

This is what I have

music = sd:\music

Your slash is in the wrong direction. It should be:
music = sd:/music

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AtomicWii said:
so..I've been enjoying configurable USB loader a lot lately, however, I think I found a problem with alternate dol's. For Medal of Honor Heroes 2, for both the French version (RM2X) and USA version (RM2E), I get an error when trying to load with the alternate .dol. The error says "error reading dol header" and then the game tries to load without the alternate .dol and then freezes at the screen where it tells you to use the strap.

Both of these games work OK in USB Loader GX using the alternate .dol and there is no error about the header's. The only difference I can see between Configurable USB Loader and USB Loader GX is that configurable USB loader is looking for files like this: RM2X.dol and located in the usb-loader folder on the SD card where as USB Loader GX looks for RM2X69.dol (note the number 69) and locate on the root of the SD card. Is there a reason configurable USB loader doesn't require the number in the file name? It doesn't seem to be an issue with the alternate .dol for Wii Resort, but is a problem with both versions of Medal of Honor Heroes 2 that I have. Is there a way to configure configurable USB loader to behave the same way as USB Loader GX in regards to alternate dol's? that is, look in the root of the SD card and also search for the dol that inlcudes the number in the file name?
How about you forget using your own alternate dol file all together? Just set the load alt dol configuration for MoH:H2 in CFG loader to use "disc" and it will take the dol file directly from the iso image. I can confirm that the French version of MoH:H2 works just fine using alt dol from disc with cIOS249 r13.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
@ AtomicWii:

Have you tried the alt.dol from disc option?
That will automatically load the selected .dol from the game (from the iso image on wbfs)
So, no need copying the files around, just set the option and start the game.

EDIT: as charroux said
wink.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Alex Finlay said:
Coming from the guy who always double posts and cannot use the edit button rofl.
Anyways Thanks, Usptacticle for your help. @ Oggzee Don't be a hypocrite.
If you say so.
Anyway, I am ignoring all your further posts.

AtomicWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AtomicWii said:
For some reason I thought I tried that and ended up getting a stack dump or something. I'll try again and report back.

thx

well I was wrong. Thanks for the tip. Using the alternate dol from "disc" works great! Very slick to. I like how you can cycle through the dol's on the disc and save the configuration to use the one you want. Nice work.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@Alex Finlay: Just calm down. oggzee has done a lot to help you and you are acting like a spoilt brat. You do tend to ask a lot of questions and it does get a little annoying when we provide answers and they are ignored (how many times did we need to explain the "disc'" option doesn't need you to burn a disc?) or you pester with requests for absolutely minor things that are virtually useless to everybody else and have easy work-arounds. And you certainly aren't the one who should be calling people out about posting etiquette.

Anyway, it already seems that you have bitten the hand that feeds you to strongly, given oggzee's reaction. Congratulations.

As for your problem, there are a multitude of programs out there that will convert your files into .mp3; go find one. It is a lot of work to write an interface to an audio codec to play a different music format. oggzee simply informed you that he doesn't want to do this, which is totally fair if you ask me.

Pip_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is there any beta or even alpha version that i can test for the animated disc channel version?
I believe WiiPower have given the source code to our truly.

Oh. And a version that can make me breakfast with orange juice, must come with global option and also individual game option, plz.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
@Alex Finlay: Just calm down. oggzee has done a lot to help you and you are acting like a spoilt brat. You do tend to ask a lot of questions and it does get a little annoying when we provide answers and they are ignored (how many times did we need to explain the "disc'" option doesn't need you to burn a disc?) or you pester with requests for absolutely minor things that are virtually useless to everybody else and have easy work-arounds. And you certainly aren't the one who should be calling people out about posting etiquette.

Anyway, it already seems that you have bitten the hand that feeds you to strongly, given oggzee's reaction. Congratulations.

As for your problem, there are a multitude of programs out there that will convert your files into .mp3; go find one. It is a lot of work to write an interface to an audio codec to play a different music format. oggzee simply informed you that he doesn't want to do this, which is totally fair if you ask me.
I wasn't anoyed at the fact he said no to what i asked i was anoyed at in a way he insulted me. Thanks, for your help it is appriciated. And i was in a bad mood as it was i don't care if he is ignoring me or what i just thought it was a snide comment and so the chemical reaction took place. Thanks and i guess next time are work my own problems out Also i have never double/tripple posted without it being a internet failure and i always put in "lagg please remove" or something after that after being told to do so. I didn't mean to "bite the hand that feeds me" but if a dog is hit he will retaliate. Thanks, Alex. Would love to leave the matter at that.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v38 (release)

http://sharebee.com/d1135610
(or online update)

Code:
Changes since beta:

* Fixed searching for .mp3 files
* Fine tuned wiimote pointer scrolling in coverflow
* Bigger default gui font
* Added options: gui_text_outline=AA gui_text_shadow=AA
ÂÂ AA is the hexadecimal alpha value or a full color RRGGBBAA
* Added a better selection of fonts
* Removed a few old themes (ultimate, stars)
* Updated titles.txt

Changes since 37 release:

* Added WiiMote pointer scrolling in coverflow modes - as you move the pointer towards 
ÂÂ the edge of the screen, the covers automatically move.ÂÂAlso, the movement speed 
ÂÂ increases as the pointer approaches the edge.
* Added random music playing - all .mp3 or .mod files in the base
ÂÂ folder will play randomly (sd:/usb-loader by default)
* Added new parameter (PATH) to the "music" option in config.txt to allow
ÂÂ any folder to be specified for music playing (e.g. sd:/mp3s or usb:/mp3s)
* Pause music while installing new games.
* Changed option: download_cc_pal = [AUTO], EN, FR, DE, AU, ...
ÂÂ If AUTO is specified, then the code is set depending on the console
ÂÂ region - if Australia: AU, Brasil: PO else, console language is used.
ÂÂ This is now the default, but can still be specified as before.
* Support for msdos and utf8 formatted ocarina TXT files
* Always mount USB FAT partition, not just when there is no config.txt on SD.
* Minor cleanups

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
cfg v38 (release)

http://sharebee.com/d1135610
(or online update)

Code:
Changes since beta:

* Fixed searching for .mp3 files
* Fine tuned wiimote pointer scrolling in coverflow
* Bigger default gui font
* Added options: gui_text_outline=AA gui_text_shadow=AA
ÂÂ AA is the hexadecimal alpha value or a full color RRGGBBAA
* Added a better selection of fonts
* Removed a few old themes (ultimate, stars)
* Updated titles.txt

Changes since 37 release:

* Added WiiMote pointer scrolling in coverflow modes - as you move the pointer towards 
ÂÂ the edge of the screen, the covers automatically move.ÂÂAlso, the movement speed 
ÂÂ increases as the pointer approaches the edge.
* Added random music playing - all .mp3 or .mod files in the base
ÂÂ folder will play randomly (sd:/usb-loader by default)
* Added new parameter (PATH) to the "music" option in config.txt to allow
ÂÂ any folder to be specified for music playing (e.g. sd:/mp3s or usb:/mp3s)
* Pause music while installing new games.
* Changed option: download_cc_pal = [AUTO], EN, FR, DE, AU, ...
ÂÂ If AUTO is specified, then the code is set depending on the console
ÂÂ region - if Australia: AU, Brasil: PO else, console language is used.
ÂÂ This is now the default, but can still be specified as before.
* Support for msdos and utf8 formatted ocarina TXT files
* Always mount USB FAT partition, not just when there is no config.txt on SD.
* Minor cleanups

I like the ultimate theme, can I still use it if I update to v38?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee, I noticed the new gui_text_* options are listed as global options rather than theme options in README-CFG.txt. Is this correct? Seems a little strange seeing as gui_text_color is a theme option...

Edit: Also, I noticed Zack and Wiki is showing up as: "Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasu" in the GUI even though the full name is listed in titles.txt. I guess it's limited to 40 characters, but there's plenty more room. Could the limit please be increased?

bnm81002 said:
Don't delete your current themes directory and you'll be fine. He just means that he isn't including those themes in the zip files any more.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:

Those themes were only removed from the release package. The layout code for those is still in place - so yes, they will still work.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
oggzee, I noticed the new gui_text_* options are listed as global options rather than theme options in README-CFG.txt. Is this correct? Seems a little strange seeing as gui_text_color is a theme option...

Yeah, we discussed where to put that. Originally theme sounded best, but then if you wanted it globally (on all themes) you would have to edit all the themes.txt. Do you think it would be better as a theme-level option?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
usptactical said:
Dr. Clipper said:

Yeah, we discussed where to put that. Originally theme sounded best, but then if you wanted it globally (on all themes) you would have to edit all the themes.txt. Do you think it would be better as a theme-level option?
If you want to change the gui text colour to match the theme, you probably also want to change the outlines and shadow to match the new colour. It seems the only logical thing is to make them theme options.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be a bug with the most recent version (v37 Release) and settings. Now, regardless of anything, it saves the settings properly, but if I change the settings of a game, then I go and play a different game, it applies the settings I just saved to the game I launch.

When I restart and go back into it, the settings are saved properly for the game I changed the settings on, so no big deal, but still, kinda weird.
smile.gif
Also, btw, thanks for the excellent loader. I love the new 'random music' addition.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
9th_Sage said:
There seems to be a bug with the most recent version (v37 Release) and settings. Now, regardless of anything, it saves the settings properly, but if I change the settings of a game, then I go and play a different game, it applies the settings I just saved to the game I launch.

When I restart and go back into it, the settings are saved properly for the game I changed the settings on, so no big deal, but still, kinda weird.
smile.gif
Also, btw, thanks for the excellent loader. I love the new 'random music' addition.
The latest version is now v38 (release). And that's a feature, not a bug. It allows you to save the same settings to multiple games.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex Finlay said:
Dr. Clipper said:

I wasn't anoyed at the fact he said no to what i asked i was anoyed at in a way he insulted me. Thanks, for your help it is appriciated. And i was in a bad mood as it was i don't care if he is ignoring me or what i just thought it was a snide comment and so the chemical reaction took place. Thanks and i guess next time are work my own problems out Also i have never double/tripple posted without it being a internet failure and i always put in "lagg please remove" or something after that after being told to do so. I didn't mean to "bite the hand that feeds me" but if a dog is hit he will retaliate. Thanks, Alex. Would love to leave the matter at that.

I was just going to leave this alone, but I have to comment here. Are you *serious*? You are not even aware that your MP3's are really Windows media audio, and when you find out you more or less expect oggzee to accommodate your file format? Ok, making a request is something you can do. But being a big baby about it when you do not receive the answer you want is just ridiculous. I know you are pretty new here, and I always give everybody the benefit of the doubt. But please, do not come in here and be a Little Whinestein because you aren't getting precisely what you want. This particular thread has been expanding more or less in a GOOD way (lots of contributing and ideas...talented people and interesting talk) and twice now you have brought it down a notch or two. Just sit back, read, understand, do at least *some* research, and then post something intelligent.

Anyway, I will not comment more on that. Back to business...

Wow, v38 final already? You guys are running in overdrive. You should at least stop for a beer break for goodness sake! Again, great job!

I was thinking of something else last night, but am not in front of my Wii at the moment to see if this has been implemented. Is there a way to reset default values on all games? I cannot remember if the option was there in global options to do this. Say for example that somebody had adjusted settings for a few games to turn on Anti-002 (when they were in a previous cIOS) and wanted to revert all of those settings back to default. Just one example. Probably just as easy to pop the card out and delete the config on the PC end, but I was just curious as to if it can be done on the Wii side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage