Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I confirm that Random Music feature works excelent
yaynds.gif

Some things that this USB Loader should need:
- Ability when you update, automatically the loader restart the boot.dol downloaded without exiting the loader to see the new update.
- A fix for Monster Hunter 3 (hangs on in New Game), without Hermes cIOS.
- In Console and GUI, a button to select Next or Last song if you configure the Random Music feature.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
I was thinking of something else last night, but am not in front of my Wii at the moment to see if this has been implemented. Is there a way to reset default values on all games? I cannot remember if the option was there in global options to do this. Say for example that somebody had adjusted settings for a few games to turn on Anti-002 (when they were in a previous cIOS) and wanted to revert all of those settings back to default. Just one example. Probably just as easy to pop the card out and delete the config on the PC end, but I was just curious as to if it can be done on the Wii side.
The only way I can think of to do that would be to clear out the settings.cfg file as you suggest.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
zektor said:
I was thinking of something else last night, but am not in front of my Wii at the moment to see if this has been implemented. Is there a way to reset default values on all games? I cannot remember if the option was there in global options to do this. Say for example that somebody had adjusted settings for a few games to turn on Anti-002 (when they were in a previous cIOS) and wanted to revert all of those settings back to default. Just one example. Probably just as easy to pop the card out and delete the config on the PC end, but I was just curious as to if it can be done on the Wii side.
The only way I can think of to do that would be to clear out the settings.cfg file as you suggest.

Ok, well in that case:

Would it be possible to store a "default.cfg" in the usb-loader folder alongside the current config file, and possibly add an optiion to reset to default settings that would simply use that given default.cfg file and use itself to overwrite the modified config? I hope I am explaining that correctly. Using this type of method would allow the user to go even further (saying this feature is added afterward) to create a personal default config that can be restored at will.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
The latest version is now v38 (release). And that's a feature, not a bug. It allows you to save the same settings to multiple games.
Oh, well that's what I meant...v38 release. I could see that being of use to some people, I didn't know it had that behaviour (where you could save the setting multiple times with different games).

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
Ok, well in that case:

Would it be possible to store a "default.cfg" in the usb-loader folder alongside the current config file, and possibly add an optiion to reset to default settings that would simply use that given default.cfg file and use itself to overwrite the modified config? I hope I am explaining that correctly. Using this type of method would allow the user to go even further (saying this feature is added afterward) to create a personal default config that can be restored at will.
If you want to frequently modify the default config of all games, just put the options into config.txt and change that when necessary. If you turn on the option to show the games with saved options, you can also easily revert any game to the defaults from config.txt by hitting the 2 button to set them back to default as well. That seems to provide all the same functionality with neither an additional option in the loader nor additional files to manage.

And to go back to defaults like you say, just copy and paste the file. You can even do it on the Wii using FTPii if you just don't want to switch SD cards.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
zektor said:
Ok, well in that case:

If you want to frequently modify the default config of all games, just put the options into config.txt and change that when necessary. If you turn on the option to show the games with saved options, you can also easily revert any game to the defaults from config.txt by hitting the 2 button to set them back to default as well. That seems to provide all the same functionality with neither an additional option in the loader nor additional files to manage.

And to go back to defaults like you say, just copy and paste the file. You can even do it on the Wii using FTPii if you just don't want to switch SD cards.

No, it is not that big of a deal to me honestly, but I just figured something like this would add quite a big more configurability to a loader that is dedicated to just that
smile.gif
If it were possible to reset default settings (just saying that alone, I almost expect an app of this maturity to have this) using the loader and not having to go to an outside source (ie: PC, FTP) is just merely a process of not having to be dependent on them to do such a minor task
smile.gif
Just a thought and an idea....

Wii Warrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a BIG well done guys on the loader!!

Have been using this and only this loader for a while now and it has been pretty bug free which is fantastic considering the speed of the new releases.

Great work guys.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
oggzee, I noticed the new gui_text_* options are listed as global options rather than theme options in README-CFG.txt. Is this correct? Seems a little strange seeing as gui_text_color is a theme option...

Edit: Also, I noticed Zack and Wiki is showing up as: "Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasu" in the GUI even though the full name is listed in titles.txt. I guess it's limited to 40 characters, but there's plenty more room. Could the limit please be increased?

Yes the new gui_text_* are global. As usptactical already mentioned, we were undecided what's the more appropriate place to put them, so they landed in global. But I guess for consistency, theme section is where these options belong. I guess I will move them to theme in the next rel.

A note about the behavior of those options: if only alpha is specified then the color used is either black or white depending if the gui_text_color is bright or dark. (actually to be more precise giving the parameter 000000FF is the same as FF, to force a black outline the value 010101FF can be used) btw, I'm not even sure I like the look of the outlined or shadowed text, so it is disabled by default, but it's there if someone wants to play with it.

Yes, I reduced the limit for titles from 64 to 40 (since in console 37 is max that is shown) but you're right, in gui mode there is more space so I'll revert that in next release back to 64, or maybe 50 might be enough.

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
...Is there a way to reset default values on all games? I cannot remember if the option was there in global options to do this...
Yes. The settings are saved to sd:\usb-loader\settings.cfg, so you can edit or just delete the file.

And the v38 README-CFG.txt still shows the parameter "contry_patch" instead of "country_patch".

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
A note about the behavior of those options: if only alpha is specified then the color used is either black or white depending if the gui_text_color is bright or dark. (actually to be more precise giving the parameter 000000FF is the same as FF, to force a black outline the value 010101FF can be used) btw, I'm not even sure I like the look of the outlined or shadowed text, so it is disabled by default, but it's there if someone wants to play with it.
Ah, I'll have to change my site again. I tested it and was under the impression it was always white (was only using dark colours, I guess). I'll mention the 010101FF thing too, although it's not really black is it?! It's just a very, very dark grey
tongue.gif

As for looks, I like the outline, but not the shadow. I'm probably going to add an outline to my personal theme, once I work out which colours to go with.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Takoru said:
The new fonts are great, much better than the old ones.
thanks a lot!
Glad to hear it.
There is now also a nicer selection of fonts in usb-loader/resources:

the old one: font8.png
new: font10.png font11.png font12.png font13.png font14.png font15.png
bold: font10b.png font11b.png font12b.png font13b.png font14b.png font15b.png
the new built-in font is now font13b

If you want to try some of those fonts out, copy the selected font to sd:/usb-loader/font.png
Or to a specific theme: sd:/usb-loader/themes/THEME/font.png

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
charroux said:
And the v38 README-CFG.txt still shows the parameter "contry_patch" instead of "country_patch".
Whoops, forgot about that one, well I corrected that now so it will be in the next rel.
wink.gif

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
oggzee said:
Takoru said:
The new fonts are great, much better than the old ones.
thanks a lot!
Glad to hear it.
There is now also a nicer selection of fonts in usb-loader/resources:

the old one: font8.png
new: font10.png font11.png font12.png font13.png font14.png font15.png
bold: font10b.png font11b.png font12b.png font13b.png font14b.png font15b.png
the new built-in font is now font13b

If you want to try some of those fonts out, copy the selected font to sd:/usb-loader/font.png
Or to a specific theme: sd:/usb-loader/themes/THEME/font.png

Thanks a lot for that information, nice fonts.

I tried a few ones, they're all great. I'm using font14b for now, thanks.
Keep up the awesome work,

for me: this loader > every other loader; thanks that it's such configurable.
tongue.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
For anyone that's wondering how the outline or shadow fonts look like, here's a couple of screenshots:

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
oggzee said:
For anyone that's wondering how the outline or shadow fonts look like, here's a couple of screenshots:

It's a dumb question, I know, but how do I use the 2 great shadow-options you showed us there?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok, another question:

I was playing around with the fonts before the new release, basicly I looked IF I could get another Font for my Theme into it. I basicly run WiiBuilder, which generated a nice .png Image of my Font. But I recognized it wasn't 1:1 with yours...would it still work? Is there any other easy way to integrate a Font into this loader? Thanks in Advance
biggrin.gif
!!!

And thanks for the final release of 38
bow.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Takoru said:
It's a dumb question, I know, but how do I use the 2 great shadow-options you showed us there?
From my tutorial (see sig):

QUOTEgui_text_color = black, white, RRGGBBAA
gui_text_outline = 00, RRGGBBAA, AA
gui_text_shadow = 00, RRGGBBAA, AA

Set the gui_text_color to black, white, or a hexadecimal representation of the colour where RR = red, GG = green, BB = blue and AA = alpha (transparency). The outline and shadow of the text can be set to be a fully selectable hex colour, like the main one. However, if RR, GG and BB =0 (or are just not given as in AA alone), then the colour of the shadow and outline will be white if gui_text_color is dark and black if gui_text_color is bright.

NOTE: gui_text_outline and gui_text_shadow are currently global options and should appear in config.txt. They will become theme options in a later version.

So to get what oggzee posted above, you would put:
gui_text_color = white #in theme.txt

and you would put one of the following lines into config.txt:
gui_text_outline = FF #for the first image
gui_text_shadow = FF # for the second image

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Dr. Clipper said:
Takoru said:
From my tutorial (see sig):

QUOTEgui_text_color = black, white, RRGGBBAA
gui_text_outline = 00, RRGGBBAA, AA
gui_text_shadow = 00, RRGGBBAA, AA

Set the gui_text_color to black, white, or a hexadecimal representation of the colour where RR = red, GG = green, BB = blue and AA = alpha (transparency). The outline and shadow of the text can be set to be a fully selectable hex colour, like the main one. However, if RR, GG and BB =0 (or are just not given as in AA alone), then the colour of the shadow and outline will be white if gui_text_color is dark and black if gui_text_color is bright.

NOTE: gui_text_outline and gui_text_shadow are currently global options and should appear in config.txt. They will become theme options in a later version.

So to get what oggzee posted above, you would put:
gui_text_color = white #in theme.txt

and you would put one of the following lines into config.txt:
gui_text_outline = FF #for the first image
gui_text_shadow = FF # for the second image

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
It's working now.

The support here is awesome guys, THANKS!!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Blue-K said:
Ok, another question:

I was playing around with the fonts before the new release, basicly I looked IF I could get another Font for my Theme into it. I basicly run WiiBuilder, which generated a nice .png Image of my Font. But I recognized it wasn't 1:1 with yours...would it still work? Is there any other easy way to integrate a Font into this loader? Thanks in Advance
biggrin.gif
!!!

And thanks for the final release of 38
bow.gif

It would work in cfg v37 if the png was smaller than 1024 pixels in width.
In cfg v38 any png from wiibuilder will work even if the png is larger than 1024 pixels.
In fact the new font and all the provided fonts were made with wiibuilder.
Note that monotype or "fixed width" fonts produce the best results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So long it could use some lube lol