Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
milcoi said:
2. The gui font color being gray in the Plain theme is almost invisible.
I have a problem here. What setting do I have to make then to get it "dark grey"
see in bold

See the post above it talks about gui_text_color, examples:

gui_text_color=white

# light gray:
gui_text_color=CCCCCCFF

# medium gray:
gui_text_color=777777FF

# dark gray:
gui_text_color=444444FF

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oggzee said:
milcoi said:
2. The gui font color being gray in the Plain theme is almost invisible.
I have a problem here. What setting do I have to make then to get it "dark grey"
see in bold

See the post above it talks about gui_text_color, examples:

gui_text_color=white

# light gray:
gui_text_color=CCCCCCFF

# medium gray:
gui_text_color=777777FF

# dark gray:
gui_text_color=444444FF

TY I'll try

Does my settings in above post work?
What setting is this?

color_selected_fg = ?
color_selected_bg = ?

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
my sd card is 16Gb sdhc

there is two patition on my sd card.

one is fat32 on first partition. another is wbfs partition.

on cios rev13

everything work.

on cios rev14

configurable usb loader can't recognize the wbfs partitition ,

show 30 second time out,then reboot.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
milcoi said:
What setting is this?

color_selected_fg = ?
color_selected_bg = ?
The background is the colour of the bar that represents your selected game/option on the menu. The foreground is the colour of the text of the selected game/option.

Edit: and for these colours:

QUOTEThe text dark grey (7)
selected tekst white (15)
select row (rectangle) dark grey (7)

Set:

console_color=7,0 #first number is the game text colour
color_selected_fg = 15 #selected game text
color_selected_bg = 7 #selected rectangle background

The other color_* options are for the other text colours. The GUI one only affects GUI mode, not the menu.

Edit 2: and do NOT set the colors option afterwards like you do there. That undoes EVERYTHING you just did.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
usptactical said:
zektor said:
* Added WiiMote pointer scrolling in coverflow modes - as you move the pointer towards
the edge of the screen, the covers automatically move. Also, the movement speed
increases as the pointer approaches the edge.

Thanks so much for this! I can't remember when I had requested it....sometime back. I am so glad to see it incorporated in the loader. It may seem trivial, but it just gives it such a relaxing feel while browsing titles. Great job!

Ask and you shall be given.
smile.gif
It's actually being tweaked a bit for even better control.

Thanks and im currently round a mates trying to sort out the stuff with the music.
Also im pritty sure i requested that lol. *not exactly that*

Also i added the text on both configs and even tried it on sd card, it isnt working. So i delete it and even by default my music isnt even playing... its .mp3 this is realy anoying me help?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Alex Finlay said:
Thanks and im currently round a mates trying to sort out the stuff with the music.

Also i added the text on both configs and even tried it on sd card, it isnt working. So i delete it and even by default my music isnt even playing... its .mp3 this is realy anoying me help?
Apparently the current version is a little case sensitive. The music file has to be music.mp3 with no caps or something. oggzee's on the job fixing it up already. The same might be true of the path option for random music. Ensure you put the directory in with the exactly correct case.

Also try "debug=1". That way you'll see exactly which directories it is checking.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Alex Finlay said:

Apparently the current version is a little case sensitive. The music file has to be music.mp3 with no caps or something. oggzee's on the job fixing it up already. The same might be true of the path option for random music. Ensure you put the directory in with the exactly correct case.

Also try "debug=1". That way you'll see exactly which directories it is checking.

That is correct. Currently things are case-sensitive, so I'm changing that.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Alex Finlay said:

ok are add debug=1 but the music = 1 thing was never there i dont think. are go back and check whats wrong.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex Finlay said:
ok are add debug=1 but the music = 1 thing was never there i dont think. are go back and check whats wrong.

music = 1 is the default, so you don't actually need it in the config if you're just going to use the default directory (e.g. sd:/usb-loader)

What is the EXACT filename you're trying to play? Is it "music.mp3" or "Music.MP3" or "MUSIC.MP3"?

thanks!

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great Loader and all the things you've added to it, just make it that much better.

I just have 1 request or comment.

If you can add a power button (like USB Loader GX) it would be nice.

It has the option of a standby power off or full shut down.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Im not 100% sure but i think i found a bug, I put in debug and found it actualy loads the music file but it doesnt play the sound And the file is in Usb:/usb-loader/music the file names are Stay Alive, and the album of Gorillaz "Demon Days" Im not sure if its a bug but as i put up their, it plays it but no sound comes out, and in the debug it actualy finds the file *randomly* in my music directory and loads it for example "Dirty harry.mp3" but when it actualy loads it it says "Dirty Harry.mp3.wma"

It finds the folder and looks into it and actualy loads Dirty harry but i hear no sound...

Also everything is lowercase.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex Finlay said:
Im not 100% sure but i think i found a bug, I put in debug and found it actualy loads the music file but it doesnt play the sound And the file is in Usb:/usb-loader/music the file names are Stay Alive, and the album of Gorillaz "Demon Days" Im not sure if its a bug but as i put up their, it plays it but no sound comes out, and in the debug it actualy finds the file *randomly* in my music directory and loads it for example "Dirty harry.mp3" but when it actualy loads it it says "Dirty Harry.mp3.wma"

It finds the folder and looks into it and actualy loads Dirty harry but i hear no sound...

Also everything is lowercase.

Alex, are these .mp3 encoded files? The loader can't play .wmas. Make sure they are actual .mp3 files and named like this:
Dirty Harry.mp3

The .mp3 MUST be at the end for it to pick it up.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
they are .mp3 but they don't play... Well ok... Is their any way to convert them into .mp3 i got the original cd. Anyways thanks i was getting frustrated at what it is, also can you maybe update it to work with .mwa?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
What cios is everyone using? Is there a general consensus on which one is best?

-Erik
Just use rev 14 and choose Hermes' IOS222 to load SSBB. That way every game works without needing to fool with 002 fixes and there are no annoying bugs like the reset glitch of 13.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Alex Finlay said:
they are .mp3 but they don't play... Well ok... Is their any way to convert them into .mp3 i got the original cd. Anyways thanks i was getting frustrated at what it is, also can you maybe update it to work with .mwa?
Dude, seriously, chill out, you are posting so many comments here that is it getting difficult to follow the thread.
tongue.gif

Oh and, of course we are not going to support .wma or any other audio/video format for that matter.

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
=Ok, what am I missing to get my music files to work. I can get it to work with just one file. music = song1.mp3

This is what I have

music = sd:\music

In the \music folder I have for example

song1.mp3
song2.mp3
song3.mp3

No music.

Thanks

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Alex Finlay said:
Dude, seriously, chill out, you are posting so many comments here that is it getting difficult to follow the thread.
tongue.gif

Oh and, of course we are not going to support .wma or any other audio/video format for that matter.

Coming from the guy who always double posts and cannot use the edit button rofl.
Anyways Thanks, Usptacticle for your help. @ Oggzee Don't be a hypocrite.

AtomicWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so..I've been enjoying configurable USB loader a lot lately, however, I think I found a problem with alternate dol's. For Medal of Honor Heroes 2, for both the French version (RM2X) and USA version (RM2E), I get an error when trying to load with the alternate .dol. The error says "error reading dol header" and then the game tries to load without the alternate .dol and then freezes at the screen where it tells you to use the strap.

Both of these games work OK in USB Loader GX using the alternate .dol and there is no error about the header's. The only difference I can see between Configurable USB Loader and USB Loader GX is that configurable USB loader is looking for files like this: RM2X.dol and located in the usb-loader folder on the SD card where as USB Loader GX looks for RM2X69.dol (note the number 69) and locate on the root of the SD card. Is there a reason configurable USB loader doesn't require the number in the file name? It doesn't seem to be an issue with the alternate .dol for Wii Resort, but is a problem with both versions of Medal of Honor Heroes 2 that I have. Is there a way to configure configurable USB loader to behave the same way as USB Loader GX in regards to alternate dol's? that is, look in the root of the SD card and also search for the dol that inlcudes the number in the file name?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Last job Ancient went to, he got fired for drinking on the job. +1