Hacking Configurable USB Loader

invu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Yes, that is what "Block IOS reload" options is supposed to do, but it doesn't work for all the problematic games. Some work, like HOTD2, some don't. Generally the alt.dol approach seems to make more games working than the "Block IOS reload" approach.

Sam & Max doesn't have an alternate .dol ...
So, the Block IOS reload, doesn't it work properly or is it just not the problem? If so, do you know, what the problem is for these games?

BTW: Is the src for an current release floating around somewhere? If not, could you give a link?

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
cfg v38b (beta)

Code:
[B]* Added random music playing - all .mp3 or .mod files in the base
ÂÂ folder will play randomly (sd:/usb-loader by default)
* Added new parameter (PATH) to the "music" option in config.txt to allow
ÂÂ any folder to be specified for music playing (e.g. sd:/mp3s or usb:/mp3s)
* Pause music while installing new games.[/B]

WooooWWwWW!! nice to see this. I will try it when i get a minute...

Thanks

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
invu said:
Sam & Max doesn't have an alternate .dol ...
So, the Block IOS reload, doesn't it work properly or is it just not the problem? If so, do you know, what the problem is for these games?
It appears the Block IOS Reload option in place just can't block the reload in most games, or there is another related issue that has not been solved yet. WiiPower is the one to be talking to about this. He's the one that both identified the issue and made the current fix.

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Alex Finlay said:
Whats the Problem With Sam & Max?
It's one of the games that reloads the IOS where the alternate .dol option doesn't work. No USB-based loader can currently fix this problem. The list of known games with the problem are shown here (the ones in category 1 NOT marked by asterisks).
Red Steel works, but it's listed as not working in that list. That list isn't always right, since the loader is changing so fast..

funnydee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx for the best loader...
If I use the update (or cover download) function and I forgot to turn on my wlan the loader crashes with an exception.
Is it possible to integrate an error message for this and then send me back to the loader?

That would be nice...

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For those who like to see another background Theme.
Im making a new version:

My last version will be ready soon with normal theme for (4:3 screen) added.

wana know where to get the buttons?
wii buttons

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Takoru said:
oggzee said:
Takoru said:
Yes, I can't download the newest builds.
My boot.dol is in "SD:/APP/usbloader_cfg" but everytime I want to download the newest build, it will get installed in "SD:/APP/usbloader".
It's downloading but can't get started with my forwarder.
btw.: cfg38b is a nice improvement, thanks
Which forwarder do you use?
The universal matrix themed that is in the first page?
Can you add this to your config:
debug=1
and tell me what does it print out for argv[0]
should be something like: argv[0]=sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
Edit: I use this forwarder (first mediafire download-link there)
I'll try it in the next few hours.
I'm sorry, but at the moment I can't test it.
wink.gif

Thanks a lot for your support!
If I add "debug=1" to my config, it's showing me following:
base_path: sd:/usb-loader
apps_path:
So it seems like the apps_path won't get recognized => I can't update via the loader then.
Would be great if you could help me, oggzee.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Takoru said:
apps_path:
So it seems like the apps_path won't get recognized => I can't update via the loader then.
And there is no argv[0]= value? Then it looks like the forwarder you are using doesn't provide the app path to the loader, which I consider to be a bug in the forwarder you use. In this case the cfg loader assumes the location is sd:/apps/usbloader, but that's guessing. If I understand correctly, that forwarder can be configured to use a specific path, and you specified apps/usbloader_cfg, right? Is that because you have some other loader in apps/usbloader? If not, then the easiest work-around this problem is to:

1) just use the default path of sd:/apps/usbloader instead.

If you can't use that path then I guess you'll have to either:

2) run the loader through HBC instead of the forwarder when you want to update. HBC passes the app location correctly and that should let you update correctly.

3) use a different forwarder

4) update manually

5) wait for us to add an option to override the app location, but it might take a while. Besides I'm not convinced if I should be fixing the problem because of a broken forwarder.

Let me know if any of the 1/2/3 alternatives solves your problem
smile.gif

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
oggzee said:
Takoru said:
apps_path:
And there is no argv[0]= value? Then it looks like the forwarder you are using doesn't provide the app path to the loader, which I consider to be a bug in the forwarder you use. In this case the cfg loader assumes the location is sd:/apps/usbloader, but that's guessing. If I understand correctly, that forwarder can be configured to use a specific path, and you specified apps/usbloader_cfg, right? Is that because you have some other loader in apps/usbloader? If not, then the easiest work-around this problem is to:

1) just use the default path of sd:/apps/usbloader instead.

If you can't use that path then I guess you'll have to either:

2) run the loader through HBC instead of the forwarder when you want to update. HBC passes the app location correctly and that should let you update correctly.

3) use a different forwarder

4) update manually

5) wait for us to add an option to override the app location, but it might take a while. Besides I'm not convinced if I should be fixing the problem because of a broken forwarder.

Let me know if any of the 1/2/3 alternatives solves your problem
smile.gif
Thanks a lot for your reply oggzee, your support is awesome!

Method 1 worked for me. I just had to delete the settings.cfg for the forwarder (if you won't enter a path for this forwarder, it's just looking for a boot.dol in sd:/apps/usbloader)
So, I'll just stick with this method.
Thanks a lot, really.
This loader is for sure my new main loader. Not any other loader is working bugless like this one.
Keep up the great work, your loader got a lot potential!

MrChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Sorry for my english, I just found a bug, I usually take my wii to my friends' houses so I have to config the Internet conection to play online with them, actually it's Mario Kart, well the problem is I have to set up and delete this config everytime for usbloader to connect to Internet.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
MrChan said:
Hi,
Sorry for my english, I just found a bug, I usually take my wii to my friends' houses so I have to config the Internet conection to play online with them, actually it's Mario Kart, well the problem is I have to set up and delete this config everytime for usbloader to connect to Internet.
By the sound of it, that's not a loader bug, but a problem with the Wii network settings? Doesn't wii settings menu have 3 slots for network settings. Wouldn't configuring the seconds slot to your friends network configuration and then switching between the two slots solve your problem?

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Im having problems with music directory path. When i copy mp3's files into usb:/usb-loader the ramdom music works. However when i set a directory on config.txt (some thing like music = 1 an on the next line usb:/usb-loader/music) it dont works. Where is my mistake? I tried as well on "usb:/mp3s" without succed

Thanks

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sr_corsario said:
Im having problems with music directory path. When i copy mp3's files into usb:/usb-loader the ramdom music works. However when i set a directory on config.txt (some thing like music = 1 an on the next line usb:/usb-loader/music) it dont works. Where is my mistake? I tried as well on "usb:/mp3s" without succed

If you're setting a directory path, don't put music = 1, just the path. Like this:

music = sd:/usb-loader/music

OR

music = usb:/mp3s

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been working on some skins but I think I have come across a bug using v37

Using the following config setting :

device = usb
background = bg.png
wbackground = bg.png
layout = ultimate1
covers = 1
cover_style=3d
color_header = 4
color_selected_fg = 15
color_selected_bg = 6
color_inactive = 4
color_footer = 4
color_help = 5
gui_text_color = black
console_transparent = 1
cursor = ">>"

If I set "layout = ultimate1" then the gui_text_color renders CORRECTLY as the set BLACK

BUT if I try layouts = large or large2 or large3 or ultimate2 or ultimate3 or kosaic .. then the gui_text_color renders INCORRECTLY as WHITE ???

Am I overlooking something obvious here? ... I would assume changing the "layout" should not over ride the set colors ???

brand0dotcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
milcoi said:
For those who like to see another background Theme.
Im making a new version:

My last version will be ready soon with normal theme for (4:3 screen) added.

wana know where to get the buttons?
wii buttons

awesome theme. lol wouldn't it be awesome if we could get the bubble animation going with that too.. it would be sweet to pop bubbles while waiting on games to install. ;D

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
r3dcat said:
I have been working on some skins but I think I have come across a bug using v37

Using the following config setting :

device = usb
background = bg.png
wbackground = bg.png
layout = ultimate1
covers = 1
cover_style=3d
color_header = 4
color_selected_fg = 15
color_selected_bg = 6
color_inactive = 4
color_footer = 4
color_help = 5
gui_text_color = black
console_transparent = 1
cursor = ">>"

If I set "layout = ultimate1" then the gui_text_color renders CORRECTLY as the set BLACK

BUT if I try layouts = large or large2 or large3 or ultimate2 or ultimate3 or kosaic .. then the gui_text_color renders INCORRECTLY as WHITE ???

Am I overlooking something obvious here? ... I would assume changing the "layout" should not over ride the set colors ???
I think you are confusing gui_text_color with the console_color. gui_text_color is the color of the text when in the GUI display modes. console_color provides the color for the background of the console (when not transparent), and the games listing in the console mode.

From the source, it seems the ultimate layout does indeed change the default console_color value from white on black to black on white, which explains your problem.

MrChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again,

Sorry, I think I didn't explain it well. I set up the first slot (my wifi connection) and the second one is my friend's home connection (wifi too). The problem is I can't connect to usbloader to update the loader or update my covers, but I can play with my friend online at mario kart.

The only solution I found is to delete my friend connection and then update whatever I want. That's why I think its a loader issue instead of Wii problem.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
MrChan said:
Hi again,
Sorry, I think I didn't explain it well. I set up the first slot (my wifi connection) and the second one is my friend's home connection (wifi too). The problem is I can't connect to usbloader to update the loader or update my covers, but I can play with my friend online at mario kart.
The only solution I found is to delete my friend connection and then update whatever I want. That's why I think its a loader issue instead of Wii problem.
Ok, that explains it much better.
Problem noted. We'll see what can be done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol