Hardware Config disk killed Wii

Wiijockey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently had someone bring me a Wii with a Wiikey in it that stopped reading disks after he ran the config disk. He said he changed the region setting, but I'm not completely clear on that. I removed the Wiikey and it started reading originals again. I installed a new WiiKey and it did the same thing as the previous Wiikey, it wouldn't read originals or backups.

I checked the connections and this was not the problem and I have installed more Wiikeys than i can count so I know it's not an issue there. This is the second person to contact me about this issue but the first I've gotten my hands on. Does anyone have any info on this, have I killed a good Wiikey?

I have noticed that The new 1.9s update says it fixes the issue with the config disk rendering the chip inoperable.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
Stupid question, but this is a D2B (or older) chipset? What wiikey firmware version are you trying to update it to, 1.9s? Does the config disc for 1.9g do the same thing?

I've heard that once the wiikey gets mis-flashed, then it is hosed unless you can re-flash it with a reprogrammer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.