Hardware Computer Update, advise needed

Moblet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have an Asus (M11BB-US001O) AMD A10-Series APU with AMD Radeon HD 8670D HD 1TB RAM 8GB Windows 7 Home Premium and I want to upgrade my graphic card. I was considering the GeForce GTX 760, I really have no idea how all this tech stuff works, could someone tell me what power supply would work? or if remotely close to buying the right product. My budget would be around 500 dlls, would like to spend less than that though. Hope I can get some help. Thanks!

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gtx 760 use PCI express 3.0 x16;

Based off reviews I have found about the M11BB-U010S desktop, I have found no indication that the PCI uses 3.0 technology. Not that it doesn't, I would just verify before purchasing 760

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Even if a mid-range graphics card is limited to PCIe 2.0/2.1 bandwidth, it will still outperform the graphics core in the APU. Getting any PSU over 500W (from a decent brand) will be enough to power an A10 and a GTX 760.
After that, the next logical upgrade (when budget allows) is to replace the A10 and motherboard with a dedicated CPU (not a hybrid like the A10) and compatible motherboard. This of course depends on if you need better processing power (casual gaming and office won't, although workstation projects and modern games will).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: