Hacking Complie Hermes with Swapped USB ports

WiiZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my USB ports on the Wii has stopped working properly, and naturally, it's the one I need for loaders to function. At least that's my assumption at this point - I haven't been able to get any USB loader to work for a few months, and it died overnight one night without me making any changes. I've found that if I revert back to Wakinono's cIOS Rev10, I can successfully access my wbfs partitions using the other USB port - but not using the one commonly used these days.

Looking at the source code for Hermes Rev 4 (Or oggzee's FAT version), it *looks* like I should be able to modify tiny_ehci_glue.c within the ehcmodule and just change ehci->num_port=1; to a "2"... but I've tried that, and (at least for me) it doesn't have any effect. Oggzee suggested I should be able to compile just the ehcmodule and store the resulting .elf in the usb-loader directory. When that didn't result in any change, I went as far as substituting both the ehcmodule4_elf and ehcmodule_fat from the build's data directory and modified the file sizes in sys.c - still with no apparent effect.

Did or could someone attempt to switch the USB ports in this manner? I'm thinking my programming changes may be much easier to test on a known good Wii - or by someone that really knows what they're doing with this code. My C skills are weak, and my Wii programming skills are far weaker. I would be very grateful if someone could either build me a working ehcmodule with the ports switched, or at the very least, attempt to change the 1 to a 2 for the num_port setting and let me know if that successfully enables the other port for you? I don't have another Wii to test with, and although I'm able to compile things, it just doesn't seem to be working out for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM