XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(game01 @ Jan 4 2011, 04:09 AM)
so this is for males?

Yes, but females can play it too.

QUOTE(zizer @ Jan 4 2011, 04:21 AM)
unisex

Wrong. This version is for men, girls have their own version, but can play either or.
WAIT WAT. Female version?

Yeah I totally quoted a really old post but this peaked my interest the most through this thread.

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE(game01 @ Jan 4 2011, 04:09 AM)
so this is for males?

Yes, but females can play it too.

QUOTE(zizer @ Jan 4 2011, 04:21 AM)
unisex

Wrong. This version is for men, girls have their own version, but can play either or.

Yeah I totally quoted a really old post but this peaked my interest the most through this thread.

Probably the Tokimeki Memorial and some other stuff that was mentioned somewhere .. just somewhere on this forum =P

GertrudetheRobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side is probably what is being referred to. It isn't quite a "Girl's Version" of this game but it is the closest out there right now. Plus it is pretty dern fun. There are threads for both the first and second game on this site here and here.

Reactions: 1 person

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Help, please? This game won't run on my Acekard 2i. Got AKAIO 1.8.8, and when I try to run it, it tells me a System File is missing. It runs everything else fine. I tried reformatting, as well as replacing AKAIO with a fresh copy, and nothing.

Any advice?

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
If you did with sd panasonic formatter, I advice to try other sdhc if you have.
If not try repatching the file and upload it again to the sdhc, maybe it's damaged somehow.
and check the akio options for anything abnormal.
Other than this I can't think of something, hope it helps.

rafagames3

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Help, please? This game won't run on my Acekard 2i. Got AKAIO 1.8.8, and when I try to run it, it tells me a System File is missing. It runs everything else fine. I tried reformatting, as well as replacing AKAIO with a fresh copy, and nothing.

Any advice?

You can try to disable the cheats codes entirely from the options menu, my acekard is for the dsi and always give me a white screen when the cheats codes are on "default" or "enabled" so just by changing to "disabled" the loveplus rom works fine again.

Hope that info helps. XD

Zatrox

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I made an account just to say: thank you. Seriously, thank you for the patch- I'm enjoying this game a whole lot.

That said and done, I've been noticing that I get Worst Luck everytime I look at my fortune, every single day. Is this a bug, or something similar? Or am I just that damn unlucky?

Again, thank you for translating the game. It honestly saddens me a little that we won't see New Love Plus in english for a long time, if ever...

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry if this has already been reported but when you are talking to nene often when you are supposed to say something like "Just you and me at dinner" you'll say "Just Nene-san and me at dinner", it's just wrong grammar that's all

drake7707

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm sorry if this has already been reported but when you are talking to nene often when you are supposed to say something like "Just you and me at dinner" you'll say "Just Nene-san and me at dinner", it's just wrong grammar that's all

It's a form of politeness in japanese.

"this is due to the normal Japanese way of speaking where referring to another in the third person is considered more polite rather than using the Japanese words for "you", like Omae[3]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illeism

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country

It's a form of politeness in japanese.

"this is due to the normal Japanese way of speaking where referring to another in the third person is considered more polite rather than using the Japanese words for "you", like Omae[3]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illeism
But the game has been translated to English and it looks stupid

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks fine to me.
They translated it without taking away the Japanese flavor of the game.
To put it another way, why not enjoy the game without crying about how they didn't americanize it to death?
Would you rather it say: "Yo Nene, just me and you tonight bitch." LoL
Also, if you're truly gonna pick at grammar, It's "you and I"

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks fine to me.
They translated it without taking away the Japanese flavor of the game.
To put it another way, why not enjoy the game without crying about how they didn't americanize it to death?
Would you rather it say: "Yo Nene, just me and you tonight bitch." LoL
Also, if you're truly gonna pick at grammar, It's "you and I"

It's called "Localization.", not "Americanization." And it should have been how alidsl said since it's improper grammar otherwise. Being true to the Japanese version would have been using proper grammar since the Japanese version also used proper grammar.

Also, it is "You and me", not "You and I."

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is you and I.
You and me is commonly used, but not correct.
If you disagree, look it up.
Edit: did the work for you...

betterwritingskills.com/tip-w026.html

And to clarify, I like it using Japanese grammar etc.

I wasn't saying I want it americanized. I was saying the exact opposite referring to the post above mine. Apparently my blatant sarcasm was lost on you. :)
It is a dating game within the Japanese culture after all.
Ever played a dating sim before? More than likely it was originally in Japanese. I've never seen where any translation team has americanized this type of game.
Can people not just be happy with what they're given anymore? It's not like anyone paid for it.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is you and I.

I wasn't saying I want it americanized. I was saying the exact opposite referring to the post above mine. Apparently my blatant sarcasm was lost on you. :)
Ever played a dating sim before? More than likely it was originally in Japanese. I've never seen where any translation team has americanized this type of game.
Can people not just be happy with what they're given anymore? It's not like anyone paid for it.

There's a simple way to tell:

Just you and me at dinner
Just you at dinner
Just me at dinner

Just you and I at dinner
Just you at dinner
Just I at dinner

You wouldn't say "Just I at dinner" and so "Just you and I at dinner" is incorrect.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
It is you and I.

There's a simple way to tell:

Just you and me at dinner
Just you at dinner
Just me at dinner

Just you and I at dinner
Just you at dinner
Just I at dinner

You wouldn't say "Just I at dinner" and so "Just you and I at dinner" is incorrect.
You're right, also when you see a game localised you want it to have the correct grammar for the country it's being localised to. otherwise you end up with an English game being translated to a European language and all the order would be messed up, all for the sake of making the game "feel English"

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you ever say "just me at dinner."? Wtf lolz
Nitpicking aside, I hope they don't embrace the idea of americanizing the game. It would destroy the atmosphere.
It was translated so English speaking people can enjoy a Japanese game, not to bastardize it into American English. That would destroy the whole reason of playing a Japanese dating sim imho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ